Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going out with the guys while dressed

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Actually, I've been the male "date" a number of times for a few of my CD girlfriends! I have a nice male wardrobe, and I'm perfectly comfortable being out with tall girls with big hands and deep voices. My dates always go overboard making me the envy of place. I highly recommend the practice, it makes for a great birthday present.

Banned Read only
    Yes, I've done that a couple of times. They ceased being my friends shortly thereafter, so I guess my transition didn't go over well. I can't really point too many fingers at them - my cis female friends also bailed on me, really all but one of them. I'm told:
    "This is too hard - give us more time."
    It's been a couple of years now, and I don't really think its going to get any better with them.

I don't guess I blame them entirely. I had crushes on a couple of them for a very long time. I never let on, but perhaps they picked up on it anyway. I think that made them terribly uncomfortable -- they still think of me as a dude, I guess. (A gay dude now, although in fact I am neither of those things.)

I think it'd have been easier on them had I died instead of transitioning. (Obviously much worse for me though!)

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDevon View Post
    This reminds me of an incident a few years ago. I was away on an in-service training course and there were seven of us staying at the same hotel. ...

Michelle
    xxx
    wow, that's an awesome story if I could guarantee that everyone I bump into would be that understanding I think "Lucy" would get much more exposure to the public (I.e., more then 0)
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-15-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: no need to quote whole post
    -Lucy

Thanks, Lucy...it is just about having the sheer brass neck to get out there and be YOU. When you have done it once it is easier next time...and by the time you done it 3 or 4 times you forget how nervous you used to be (actually no that's not true - you do remember and you cannot work out why you felt that way because it is actually surprisingly easy). It's a bit like the energy graph for a chemical reaction - for anything to happen you have to put in some energy (usually heat) - this is called the activation energy. Once you have enough in there it takes over and continues of its own accord - well, I think being "out" as your alter ego is exactly the same - you just need that activation energy and once you've got there no-one is going to stop you...

Pity Melbourne isn't a bit closer - I would happily help with that activation energy Seriously, people mostly don't give a toss...avoid schools at opening and closing times (groups of young people are wont to behave badly to show off to their friends) and you will find that it isn't nearly as bad as you fear it will be.

Looking forward to hearing about Lucy's adventures in Melbourne...

Michelle
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDevon View Post
    Looking forward to hearing about Lucy's adventures in Melbourne...

xxxx
    It's funny you mention that, I've recently promised myself that I'm going to go out at least once in the near future.

I really liked your analogy, I've got a background in physics so it made a lot of sense out of something I'm generally not very good at (describing emotions). I just want to add, I hope that like in a chemical reaction, once the activation energy is reached, the reaction releases more energy then was initially put into the system
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-15-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    -Lucy

In my case, Lucy, it certainly did that and more...

I hesitate to liken it to something quite as exothermic as the thermite reaction...perhaps more like aluminium and iodine...mix together, drip on water and it suddenly takes off amidst purple fumes of gaseous iodine (akin to the pink fog perhaps?!) Not keep on the smell of iodine but I love that amazing violet colour!!!

And all I can do is warn you that if you do at least once you are likely to want to do it soooooo many more times...

Good luck

Michelle
    xxx

JenniferYager,

I haven't gone out fully dressed, however I do go out under dressed quite a lot. So to answer your question yes I have gone out under dressed with my male friends. I didn't perceive the outing as a "date", although I wouldn't have minded if they had. Very few people know me as Michelle, and that I underdress. The guys that do not know I underdress would probably see me differently, sadly. Even more sadly is I don't have many friends here in Richmond.

@--}---
    Aloha Michelle

I was invited up for a weekend by a male friend. Our romantic date on Saturday night? A college hockey game.....

It is an exciting thought, but I have never been dressed around a person i know.

have usually gone with a mixed group and the guys always knew who I was.

I always finished up with girls at the end of the night.

No biggie there.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Funny you say that...last outing I went at from a training session I was at, I ended up with the girls (I wasn't dressed though).

I do it on a regular basis since I live as me except when forced to make a male appearance for work. Most of my male friends have been supportive but not all. I think that over time they have become more comfortable with me and being out in public with me. This has been over the last year and I think it has helped them that I am always Suzanne. If I was sometimes Crossdressing it may have made the adjustment harder. If they are your friends in a real way they will make the effort.
    Suzanne