Thread: The real me coming out?

The real me coming out?

It has been a while since I last posted on this site and I figure I am due for a post. Besides, things are finally changing for me and for the better (I think - but more than just a hope things will be better for sure). I will retire from the Army in 75 days and yes, I am counting the days (and hours and minutes)! Most of that time will be spent on leave. I finally acknowledged myself about 4 years ago and ever since I accepted myself I put the mark on the wall for moving ahead on this journey once I retire. I had bumps along the road, some self induced and more than a few from outside my ability to avoid, but I am looking forward to the next phase of the journey, wherever it leads. I finally started growing my hair out (amen) and my off duty wardrobe is almost exclusively comprised of female clothing. The first day I am officially retired I will get my ears pierced. I am already "out" to most of my family members though my father and one of my sisters does not know (yet). For me, the next big step is to stop hiding behind my wigs and to show the real me. So here it goes, the real me:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Platinum Member
    Congratulations on your retirement, thanks for your years of service, and best wishes on your new life!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That's wonderful! Sounds like you've thought it out and got everything planned properly (sh*t happens, but careful planning for contingencies can make things have less impact). I hope your new life is everything you want it to be and thanks so much for your service.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Cool, I hope you have a list of hobbies of chores to keep you active (I tend to worry about XY's when they retire and have noting to do - not sure how XXY's cope).
    And as Donna says, thanks for your service.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Thanks for your service - hope you have a great retirement

I too enjoyed my service life and counting the days has always been one of the milestones in my life.

Enjoy your change of lifestyle and may you have a good journey into the future.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.