Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scarred Legs make me so sad :(

Banned Read only
    You live where Reine? Alaska you say?

I feel your pain! My legs are mostly scar tissue from the knee down. On top of that, I was taking a medication that caused brown "age" spots to appear all over them. Fortunately, pantyhose, even the light-tan sheer ones make all the difference in the world. The scars and spots seem to disappear, and my legs look smooth and elegant. It's also fortunate that I love wearing pantyhose. I never leave home without them!

I think many of us can remember the Joe Namath pantyhose add from a long time ago.

The tagline was, "If I can look so goo in these pantyhose, imagine what they'll do for you."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Stephanie cowboy boot and a pair of shorts or short can be sexy as all get out if the right pair of legs are between them
    Angie

Jorja, try as I might, I still can't look like a grizzly.
    Reine

If I didn't tan I think I would go the way of the spray-on tan. I was born and raised in SoCal and live here now. For ten years I lived in central Oregon. When spring rolls around there the locals start wearing shorts, while I'm still wearing long underwear. My ex would be wearing leg warmers over her jeans. If you want to go with bare legs go for it.
    Love Jean

So many great suggestions, thoughts, and experiences.

I appreciate you all so much!

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    The damage caused by a DVT means that I must wear compresson stockings constantly. Sure, I get a few looks in summer (the overdressed CDer look lol) but them's the brakes for comfortable legs which look OK (she says modestly).

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by meganmartin View Post
    I sometimes use a dermablend leg and body makeup. It does help with these nicks, cuts and bruises.
    Also I sometimes will use a tanning type cream and find that the tanner your legs appear it does the defects don't show as bad.
    I think most of the makeup maufacturers do body makeup of some sort. I have tried a Sally Hanson product (Airbrush Legs) that works decently for all but the darkest scars (multiple injuries on the same site or an area where an ulcer healed). It is a cream with essentially the same consistency of cream foundations. However, for me, there would be no point in wearing very sheer nylons as something a bit heavier is needed. Even still, the scaring is visible if you take a moment to look.

DeeAnn

Funny, what timing.
    I had a dream last night and the scars on my legs were the focus. In that dream, I was wearing a short skirt (shorter than I'd ever wear as all the skirts I have reach my knees) and I wasn't hiding the scars on my thighs at all. No one noticed and if they did, they didn't care. Pretty much what I get from people in real life (except for the thighs, no one sees those).

Anyway, my whole lower left leg is a burn scar and my thighs are where they took the skin to cover the missing skin. The lower scar is more readily seen and the uppers are less so, but I feel more aware of the upper ones. How I deal with it is: Some days I don't care and some days, when I do, I wear a long skirt.

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    I think about my shins all the time. It's just a hazard of my job that they get banged up all the time. I try my best to avoid it, but whenever it happens I curse at myself because I know how horrible they will look when I do wear my short shorts and skirts. And I disagree with anyone's opinion that cowboy boots don't go with shorts!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thumbs up Skin toned dance tites.

Sorry if someone already mentioned them above. I skimmed the posts and may have missed it!

I have very spotty, freckly legs. (Everything, really). So, I always wear tites to make my legs look smooth and fair. Even under my nylons.

They also hide the bottom of the pantygirdles I wear to contain my hip/butt pads!

If u had to cover your arms as I do? Then, you'd really be in a pickle. Because they don't make tites for your arms. I have to make my own!

I'm wearing "arm tites" in my avatar.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Yes, they are called "sleeves"...

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie_CD_64 View Post
    It's actually kind of funny, I guess......I am built like a linebacker......
    Better than me, I'm a step up in size, just wider all over, more like offensive lineman. Once told that I was built like a refrigerator....that was before William Perry took that name.
    Legs are a mess, but they still work. I remind myself of that whenever i want to feel sorry for myself, that there are a million war veterans with no legs that would be very happy to have my crappy legs. Then my legs start to look very good, indeed.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm a geek, I sit at a desk all day, so I can't blame my legs on my job. But I have balance/coordination issues so I fall down a lot. So both of my knees look aweful. SO I can relate as well. And boots ddn't work for me because my calves are very large. So boots that fit my legs leave enough room for my feet to walk around without the boot ever moving! And hose it only a sometime fix. What the rest of y'all call summer, we in Texas call spring or fall. For three or four months a year we have "Surface of the Sun" season. During that time, hose would be considered cruel and unusual punishment!

Oh well... Cest la Vie!

Jen

I've never met a person, man or woman, who was happy with the way they looked. So my first advice is stop worrying about it, whatever it is. If you're dolled up and people are looking at your shins there's something else wrong. Second advice is to second the advice on Dermablend body cover. It can totally "remove" a tattoo -- shin scars should be child's play.

Of course, all that deals with what others see, not what you feel about yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Yes, they are called "sleeves"...

DeeAnn
    Yes. If you're wearing a top that has them, DeeAnn. But, do I look like I'm wearing "sleeves" in my avatar?

What I am wearing is; small size, skin toned, tites over my arms that resemble bare arms!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Some solutions for arms and anywhere else for that matter is bodystockings, catsuits, zentai suits and even tatoo cover sleeves. I have bunches of bodystockings in different designs and colors to cover not only scars but my permanent farmer's tan and some unsightly mottling caused by some medication I was on.