Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wearing a wig around SO? Advise needed please. Would you wear wig around SO.

Reality Check
    Yes, each relationship is different and they may change over time as well. If you are in a position to grow your hair out to where it can be styled in a feminine fashion, that's a great solution. If not, it's wear a wig to look like a woman or don't wear one and be pretty obviously a guy in a dress. For me, the wig is what changes me into Krisi. Without it, I wouldn't even bother.

Finding the right wig is not easy. The first time I tried one on, (Red hair), she flipped out. I left it alone for a while. A couple of years later, I tried again with a different wig. (Blond hair). This time her response was, " it's the wrong color". So I asked her what color would look good? She told me a medium brown. I tried a couple more, all Ebay $10 wigs, till I found one that I thought looked good. When you find the right one, it is a "Wow I look good moment". She said "it was not so bad". Over time she got used to seeing me in it. Now I just bought a blond curly wig, that hugs my face, and she said she liked it. The right style to match your face is important. Her excepting of me in a wig was probably a 10 year road, but it was worth taking it slow.

Good Luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maxi; 04-19-2015 at 10:12 AM.

cisgender gal
    My girlfriend is a pre-transition trans girl and I'm totally fine with everything transitioning related. I would have no problem being with a crossdresser if I didn't have her, and wouldn't object to them being 100% dressed including makeup/wig/whatever. BUT. I am not your wife. I would suggest lots of communication: open, honest, respectful, and direct. You may have to go slow.

I would communicate with her on that. Keeping secrets is hard to do. Yet I recommend taking it slow. Communication has been good in our relationship. I would bring it up and see what she say's. I have long hair and can style it for going out. I have to put it in a pony tail when I'm male.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member
    About 5 years ago, my wife is OK with my dressing, She asked my why I did not have a wig.
    Well after talking with her, she had me go down to Chicago to a wig person who was very CD friendly.
    Well after 3 hours trying on all sorts of wigs, I came home with 3 wigs.
    All a slightly different color and stile, how ever all where just long enough to almost touch the shoulder.
    She loved them, and would comb them out and have me wear one every time I got dressed.
    I never went out of the house dressed, but I had a nice head of hair for a while.
    It was a different feeling, since I am almost completely bald.
    Rader

I do not dress in front of my wife, but from what I have read, each gg is as individual to her reaction and comfort to cding as we cders are individual to each other. I have read where for some women, the halfway look is hard for them. For others, clothes aren't a big deal but makeup and a wig are too much. And earrings for a reason seem to be a big deal. So many non cders wear them now so I still don't get that one.

My wife is as or more accepting of my being Transgender in the general sense. Body shaving, feminine interests and likes. Mannerisms are things she seems to be ok with. (Not saying like or prefer) long nails, a bit of annoyance but she tolerates so long as they are not crazy long. She asks my opinion of her clothing, what color to get her nails done... she really doesn't seem to bothered to share those types of things with me. Dressing itself seems a bridge too far for her. She fears a bad reaction or a vision she cannot shake. Yet, she accepts many things some gg's who have husbands who dress in their presence have a hard time with. Such is individuality.

I would merely talk about a wig. Ask her if long or short would be a better look, or color, shape. That gives her the ability to be as involved as she is comfortable with. You will have a greater idea of how she would feel with you wearing one in her presence.

Thanks ladies for all your help. It means a lot to me. So I built up the courage and told my wife I had bought a wig a while back. She basically assumed I did have one but made it clear she isn't quit ready to see me in a wig yet. As I agree I also would not be ready to have wig on in front of wife. I told her now all I can do is the waiting game. I will not go at a pace thats faste than hers because I don't want to loose what I already have built.

The headband was just my daughters headband my wife put on me as a joke.

I wear a wig all the time now, it started as little periods now and then and over the "years" became more frequent.

Everything including makeup, dresses and nails have to be introduced gradually.

If it doesn't work back off until next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissyboy2 View Post
    ....................So how would I ever bring up the wig issue. ..................
    You might ask her on suggestions for your hair. If she has offered help on other items, she might be willing to talk about this.

I have long hair, so this isn't an issue for me.
    Dana Ryan

never wore a wig. Hair was long enough in the beginning it went from stringy guy hair to cut "kinda" girly then a few months later full blown early 80's fashion. On the return trip it went from mid back body wave to long bob to pixie to "guy" hair.

Banned Read only
    I'm in agreement with the suggestions to ask your wife. If she is comfortable with you dressing in front of her, she may be agreeable. If she is willing to give it a try, include her in making a choice: color, length, straight, curly, etc. Maybe if she has serious reservations, maybe asking her for a tryout at Halloween. I suppose each woman has a line in the sand. My wife cannot understand why a guy would wear a bra, when he has nothing to "pack into it," as she said. I need a wig because I do not have much hair left.

Actually when I needed a new wig my wife and I went shopping together and she is the one who picked the style and color (she's got great style taste). At first I didn't care for the color, but she kept insisting and when I tried it on for the 3rd or 4th time in the store I finally agreed.
    Between us we have about a dozen wigs and have fun switching off styles and colors. I wear mine (one of them) all the time around the house and it's never been an issue.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Currently my wife is not a fan of it, and basically does not like me wearing it anymore. Of course I do not feel complete without it, and I refuse to look like a guy in a dress as much as possible, so I basically whine and pout til I get my way and wear it.
    In wearing it in front of my wife for the first time, it occurred the very first time my wife saw me dressed completely make up etc, she's never really seen me dressed without it.

So you could go with the just do your own thing wear it without discussing it first, and whatever happens, happens. Or do get permission first, or get denied after asking and go from there.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

My wife helped me to pick out a wig that we both thought I'd looked good in. That was for Christmas of 2013. I have recently bought two additional wigs but the wig we picked out together still looks best on me. My wife passed last May and I think of her when I wear that wig.

I would vote you talk to her about it. She might be completely fine with it. My wife doesn't really care and is fine with my dressing however I want to. I will do the fully package of wig, forms, dress and makeup in front of her. Likewise, it might be simply a casual dress and nothing else. Again, she doesn't care.