Thread: Social Networks

Social Networks

Anyone else try starting social network profiles (Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) for their cd self? Like I have some social networks that are doing better than others but just curious how others go about doing this? Do you just find other cd's or men into cd's or do you actually try to make friends as a cd?
    Snapchat being messaging through photo's I've made some friends who know me as a cd from guys to girls even other cd's but when it comes to other more public profiles it never really got my attention since there's just so many things to go through like starting a page and building a circle of friends and a wall etc. I recently made an IG so let's see how that goes
    Anyone care to share their social network experience?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have my girl Facebook page and lots of friends from here are on my page.
    I do keep it all girl and just have fun with it.
    I do keep it clean and PG 13 I don't do kinky.
    Made a lot of GG friends on there too which has been very nice.They treat me as female so I have no complaints.
    Have made some guy admirers and they have been perfect gentlemen.
    I'm sure some aren't sure if I am male or female but thats part of the fun.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Facebook is the devil......no ..its really not....but around here it apparently is. With facebook your best bet to meet people is to post pictures in some of the crossdressing groups ( just be warned you will get a ton of phony baloney guys and fake accounts from india hitting you up..fun right?? ) ...but you can meet some people that way ....IMO the BEST way and works better is actually going OUT and meeting people...and THEN making friends with them on facebook...that way you have ACTUAL friends who are real people, that you can hang with, chat etc. network your network kinda thing ...i would like to do instagram one day..but i havent got around to it....

I don't have any form of social media for my cd self, but I would like to start a Snapchat, Facebook, or Instagram to meet more people and make friends as Kira. I just just have zero ideas on where to start or how I should present myself or how to meet others who share my same interest. If someone is willing to give some advise it would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshisaur View Post
    I don't have any form of social media for my cd self, but I would like to start a Snapchat, Facebook, or Instagram to meet more people and make friends as Kira. I just just have zero ideas on where to start or how I should present myself or how to meet others who share my same interest. If someone is willing to give some advise it would be much appreciated.
    This is what I'm stuck on with Instagram!

As Ericka I have a whole network of CD friends on FB.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I have my girl Facebook page and lots of friends from here are on my page.
    I do keep it all girl and just have fun with it.
    I do keep it clean and PG 13 I don't do kinky.
    Made a lot of GG friends on there too which has been very nice.They treat me as female so I have no complaints.
    Same as Tracii after deletions - no male admirers. Occasionally my male FB page is asked if I know my female FB page. That's kinda spooky.

Platinum Member
    Hi T-Girl, I stay as far as possible away from those socialmedia sites.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Daniella Argento
    I have both 'girl' and 'boy' Facebook and Twitter accounts. I also have a 'girl' Wordpress account and a 'boy' Linkedin account.
    Like everything in life you get out what you put in.
    I keep my privacy pretty tight (I think) and so far no problems.

hmmm given the policy of f/b how does one go about having both a boy and a girl account ?
    hugs phylis

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    FB is a sewer I avoid with a passion. Remember, on FB you are a commodity they want to exploit for profit.

Hi-Hi

I just put both of me in one pot and bring to the boil, what you see is what you get.
    Sometimes its man me or women me on YouTube or Twitter or Soundcloud wherever really.
    The majority of people who follow me like what I do and have no problem with it
    Although most tend to like female me and if I'm honest so do I
    When I first started bring Kate or Kathleen out, I stared slowly and used my music and video art to show her as a look or style and after a year or so she became big than the man.
    How to make yourself feel super small by yourself LOL... But at the end of the day its all good and good people will always find you

Kate

I'm just too much of an old dog to learn the ins and outs of social media. However, this thread is very interesting and informative as I never knew the extent of some of those sights. I guess I'll be happy just staying here.

Of the few friends who know about myself, Im curious if you set your facebook privacy to as private as possible, if they like one of your pictures will it shop up on someone elses newsfeed? I know you can remove your profile from being searchable but id worry about posting a picture and someone I dont know seeing ''mr smith liked this picture'' and having my face appearing around without my knowledge.

I used to have an alternate facebook for myself here but I had no photos and hadnt made enough connections here to add anyone so I let it disappear, if I start another one up would you all be willing to add each other? 25 years old and still having to ask if people will be my friend

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I may want to be out a little more socially, but not on a network.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've tried a Facebook page but difficult to meet other CD's as it seems like too many crazy people out there maybe

Just a word of warning; if you're not out to the world, but use the social networks at all, you will be soon. If you accidently leave a tab open to your email or any other site that can identify you, Facebook and other 'mine' that information. On ebay buying a bra? Facebook knows. So does google. Your ad selections will now display women's attire. etc. Most of the vendors, web portals, and social networks mine data. Accidently 'friend' a crossdresser or CD vendor? You're caught too, and all your contacts will know because they'll be asked to friend that contact too.
    Be careful out there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I also have my male and "real me" facebook accounts. Most of the people on my real account were once on the male one, but as I've been slowly telling people, I've been friending them on it.

Surprisingly, Facebook has been a good place for me. Aside from the Trangender only type websites, it allows me to connect with others. I'm only looking for support so I usually shy away from those that aren't interested in just friendships. I haven't really tried other things like snap chat but I do connect with others on flickr.

Im starting to venture out on the social network scene too. It's funny, I am socially more active as Chrissi than as Chris.
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (Oz) View Post
    Same as Tracii after deletions - no male admirers. Occasionally my male FB page is asked if I know my female FB page. That's kinda spooky.
    The spooky part is when I visit some CD facebook pages with my male one and their picture and account shows up at a later login asking if I know them and want to send them a friend request. I wonder how long before my friends on the male page start getting questions if they know my CD friends since they are friends of friends. Some use obvious CD names and are out to the world. Facebook could easily cause problems, especially if they change privacy settings and policies in the future.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I'm far from a FB expert but I suspect that FB remembers the people you visit when you are logged on. I suspect that I visited my femme FB page when logged into my male FB page.

I have a reddit and facebook account for Lucy, and I've found them both wonderful places to meet people. I've organised more then a few people to meet up with and shepherd me out on the town for my first outing (whenever that may be). On facebook you do have to filter through a fair amount if creepy guys however.

I am also paranoid when it comes to technology and only access Lucy's accounts using a secure VPN and a sterile browser. Back when I was a bit more paranoid I'd only do it using the TOR network!
    -Lucy

I tried a twitter account as Justine but I wasn't what I was looking for. not what I'm into