Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many CD's in the world?

I think the number is at about 1-5%. But I think the number of "dabblers", those who experiment, but don't routinely crossdress, is a great deal higher, perhaps as high as 40-50%. No way does a guy go through his whole life without at least a little curiosity now and then. I consider myself a rather full-blown crossdresser, meaning that I have the wig, the undies, the clothes, the breasts, etc., that I use on a regular basis. But I don't have a web presence at all, save for here. I don't go out, I don't have a yahoo or an MSN site, or any site at all. I think most crossdressers who actually have the "full regalia" as I like to describe it, are a lot like me. They stay home and don't advertise much. So online figures are probably way out of whack. And I think that most men, when asked about it, may well lie about it, even on an anonymous poll. Accurate figures are probably nearly impossible to come by.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Well, I know for a fact there are degrees of Cross dressing. My Wife hates that I CD, but says nothing of Her brother wearing His Wife's panties. Of coarse under the idea that all his undies are dirty and had to wear hers. Then His Wife says " You wear mine more than that"!

So I know two in my family. My Brother in Law and myself. Just diffrent degrees of it.

Haley

Thank you..Bj

Sadly, I don't think anybody knows a figure that is reliably indicative of the incidence and prevalence of crossdressing. However, we do know that the 2 all-time favorite film comedies ever were about crossdressing- "Some Like It Hot" and "Tootsie". Similarly, many Broadway favorites also had crossdressing themes- "The Producers", "Hairspray", "La Cage Aux Folles", etc. That should tell us that there is something about crossdressing that is appealing to many people. Of course, that doesn't say they crossdress but it says something about its universality.

# of Xdressers

I'm not sure about world wide but if you do the math:
    in the US if 5% of men CD, as some studies mention,
    and there are 90 Million men in the US
    then 5% x 90 million is 4.5 million CDs in the US

Now that's a lot of sisters!
    Dana Fleming

I am Woman on the Podium chantelle's Avatar

Quite a few

I hope to God there
    is a lot then it means that i dont have to feel so alone.

The most common figure I've seen on the percentage of men who crossdress is five and that seems to the figure most people here agree on. However, no one in this post has defined crossdressing. CDing ranges from wearing panties and/or pantyhose all the way through to full on dressing up with wig, makeup, etc. I would suggest that there are many more pantyhose wearers than there are guys who wear dresses.

I have often thought when I'm in any sort of gathering, like a work meeting, where there are twenty guys or more, am I the only one there who wears dresses (or skirts in my case).

Sitting here playing with my earings and wondering how many myself............add another one lol

How many CDer in the world , HHmmmm?

Well Aprilmae's count looks about right just add + 1 , that includes me
    ya thier we go, thats got it now.............
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

HI,HaleyPink2000

Quote Originally Posted by HaleyPink2000
    Well, I know for a fact there are degrees of Cross dressing. My Wife hates that I CD, but says nothing of Her brother wearing His Wife's panties. Of coarse under the idea that all his undies are dirty and had to wear hers. Then His Wife says " You wear mine more than that"!

So I know two in my family. My Brother in Law and myself. Just diffrent degrees of it.

Haley
    A thousand points of light , I'm single CD, yet alittle more on the visable
    end of the light spectrum, yet not too much I can dial-up or down my look
    Kudo"s you look great .
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

It has been a while since I watched the movie but at the end of Just Like A Woman, I think that they estimated it as 1 in every 5 males dresses up en femme...can't remember for sure though.

Smile

i was told that crossdressing is about 1 in 5 men does some sort of cross dressing that would be about 20% this takes in those that only wear panties to the full fem dresser and trans sexual.
    hugs
    Ronda

I have read in quite a few publications over the years that 1 in 7 men Crossdress to some extent, that is just over 14 1/2 %.

Now as the late Professor Joad would have said, "It all depends on what you mean by Crossdressing". Intent is the key in this question.

I knew of a lad when I was at School who was the only boy with five older sisters and who sometimes had to wear a pair of their knickers when he didn't have clean Y Fronts. He hated this but I greatly envied him and wished I was in his situation and that I could openly wear girls' knickers instead of having to borrow my big sister's and wear them in great secrecy. So to my mind he was NOT a Crossdresser. I would apply the same opinion to the guy who stays over at a girlfriend's house , needs a change of underwear and borrows a pair of her panties as he hasn't brought any clean underpants with him. If on the other hand he WANTS to wear her panties and ENJOYS doing so, and is turned on by so doing, then he is a CD.

There are also some men who out of curiosity try on some item of female clothing , most often panties, but this didn't do anything for them or they didn't like doing so and never indulged again. One male friend of mine who knows that I wear women's panties, (although not of my indoor fuller CD activities), and is quite at ease with my doing so, told me that when he was in his teens out of curiosity when alone in the house one day he did try on a pair of his sister's knickers and her bra and her skirt, but he didn't get anything from it and didn't do so again. I would not regard him as a CD or TV either.

Again the terms Crossdresser and Transvestite are wide ranging, from the man who only wears women's panties under his ordinary male trousers, through the likes of myself who does this 24/7 but also dresses en-femme from time to time at home but never goes out dressed as a women, to the fully practicing Transvestite who often goes out with makeup, wig, bra and falsies, and fully clothed and acting as closely as he can to a biological woman. Then there is the man who lives his life as much as possible as a woman although he may not wish to have sex change surgery, is HE a Crossdresser?

My own thoughts are that there are about 5% of men in the UK who could be called genuine Crossdressers. This of course is hard to quantify as even in this so-called enlightened and liberal society any man openly admitting to wearing women's clothing whether only panties or the full monty is liable to mockery and even abuse, and in some red-neck areas, or repressive cultures they would be even less likely to admit to being a CD.
    Last edited by Helen MC; 02-12-2006 at 09:10 AM.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]