Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Past Lives Influencing You, if At All?

Platinum Member

What's Your Opinion on Past Lives Influencing You, if At All?

My wife and I were watching the NBC Nightly News this past week. As most of you probably know or have seen it mentioned in the media section of this site, NBC covered over two nights in separate segments a transgender very young boy and girl. It was very well done and very informative.

My wife blurted out that she believes those children were of the opposite sex in a past life. She has watched those shows on cable television showing young children who have memories of past persons. I am not totally in agreement with my wife. I really don't know if this concept is in contradiction with religious beliefs. My wife is a firm believer in the afterlife. She has a younger sister who had some of those experiences as a young child.

I really wonder if there is any possibility that there has been some imprint made due to a past life experience. I grew up all boy. I had an older brother. I had only male cousins. Nobody dressed me as a girl. There were very few girls in the neighborhood that I even talked to as a kid. I played sports from 7:30 AM to darkness. I got in trouble all the time. I did military service as required. I've done all the male things I should have done over the years without any regret. I thoroughly enjoyed them (except for the military service).

So, why do I like wearing women's clothing? I wonder sometimes about my wife's statement concerning transgender kids. Of course, the kids get older. Some continue on. Some "out grow" wanting to be the opposite sex. Under this past life theory the imprint fades away.

Adhering to this theory may be my wife's way of handling my cross dressing. I'm not going to disagree with her. There is a certain benefit I derive from her theory. I would really like to believe there was a beautiful woman of a past life who left an imprint on me. It would answer a lot of questions.

Any thoughts?

I've never thought of that, not even a passing thought. I'm not necessarily religious, and I don't necessarily believe in a past or before life, but i'm not sure there isn't one either. It would be totally cool if they did exist. I guess its something we really can't speculate on, in this life at least. It would definitely make sense out of some things. And would make for some interesting fantasy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I get feelings that I have been thru a few other lives so I guess its possible.
    As a kid I used to have dreams I was around during the Civil War,very vivid dreams.
    One dream I am in a Confederate uniform walking back up a pathway leading up to a house I apparently had family in.
    Rifle in hand and all the gear a soldier of that time would be wearing.
    Fast forward to 2003 I had a paper route which was a motor route out in a rural area.I always got a strange feeling at one place where I would stop and fold/bag more papers before continuing.
    It was always dark so I couldn't really see the house way back up in the driveway of the house I was in front of.
    One morning about 4:00am the moon was really bright and I got a chilling feeling as I was getting papers out of the back of my pick up.I looked around and I felt someone was around me. I looked to my left and I saw a figure walking away from me in a long grey wool coat walking up the drive towards the house.
    Tall leather boots, the short boxy looking hat soldiers wore.
    The drive and the lay of the land,trees, small creek and house were extremely close to the one in my dream as a kid years ago.
    I got spooked which doesn't happen too often and got back in my truck and moved to a different location.
    Too close in all aspects so there has to be something to it.
    Having the dream more than once as a kid and then that happening later in life is a sign to me that I have been in a past life.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-25-2015 at 02:44 PM. Reason: against rules.

Thanks for bringing this topic up. During my training as a Hypnotherapist there was a lot of talk about past life regression. In my early years, I didn't give it much thought. But, as I got more experience with my patients, I began to pay closer attention to my own experiences. One of which seems to be of a young (maybe 11 or 12 year old) girl. I seem to be walking on a country road, near an empty field on a nice day. Given my own experiences, (another involving a bunker encounter in WW II), I suspect the most vibrant past life memories may be those just before that life ended. This is just my own experience, I don't recall any research on this topic.

In my own case, since I identify more as a transvestic fetishists, I wonder how being a young girl just begining to experience her budding femininity would have imprinted on what ever it is that passes on to the next life.

Since this is one of the areas I considered doing research in, (before real life caught up with me), I would really like hearing any other experiences our members may have had.

Banned Read only
    That idea is complete nonsense. There is no Bigfoot, ghosts, or psychics who talk to our dear departed. This kind of nonsense just kills me

If you'd like to see what happens when someone returns from a past life.... check Youtube for "Amira Willighagen"... and/or
    "Netherland's Got Talent," and see what can happen when someone "comes back"!!!! It's delightful!!!...

I'm not sure I buy into the idea I have come back from another life, but I will say this, because I have found it odd and it does attach itself to what your wife said. I have been places or would be doing something and for some reason I know I had been there before or had already done something in the past. I am sure it was my first time doing whatever it might have been, but the feeling was I knew about it or already did it. Never really thought about it, but to me it was an odd feeling.

Like Jennifer, I don't believe in "past lives." Our imagination can play tricks on us. We all dream, and sometimes we remember fragments of those dreams. Psychologists have also studied the phenomenon of "deja vu"--the sense of having had certain experiences before. There's a rational explanation for it. But past lives? No.

When ever I take pictures in my house in femme mode there are "orbs" around me, but never in my guy mode. I lost my sister years ago, she used to be the one that worked on my hair, not knowing about my duality but now maybe she knows and visits when I'm being femme? She would have been the one I would have come out to because I believe she would have more acceptance of me and my expressing of my femme self and maybe even showed me the ways of women. And I do have many incidents of Deja-vu that are very real to where I have to stop and gather myself. I do believe in astral plains for what others call our "souls" so maybe a life on a parallel plain can explain "past" lives.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Aspiring Member
    I've tried past life regression hypnosis and got no useless information. I don't believe I've had any past lives.

However, if there is such a thing, then you'd expect that everyone would have been both men and women in various past lives, and everyone would be transgendered to some degree, and the whole world would be a whole lot more tolerant of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    That idea is complete nonsense. There is no Bigfoot, ghosts, or psychics who talk to our dear departed. This kind of nonsense just kills me
    Are you certain? You know we didn't believe in sound through the air or that you could call someone on a hand held phone. But it brings up a point, your opinion may hold about as much weight as anyone else's. Can you be so sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn cd View Post
    Like Jennifer, I don't believe in "past lives." Our imagination can play tricks on us. We all dream, and sometimes we remember fragments of those dreams. Psychologists have also studied the phenomenon of "deja vu"--the sense of having had certain experiences before. There's a rational explanation for it. But past lives? No.
    so what is the rational explanation? I have seen many opinions about why but nothing conclusive.

So explain why, one day as a writer I "knew" everything about the local and landmarks of a place I had never been? Now it could be dismissed that the story and the characters were made up. That will never be known for sure, however. I knew the exact address, the exact location of a building and the exact vision of said building. I looked it up after I wrote the story. A story I "knew" I lived.

Personally I never say never. Why couldn't past lives exist? I mean is it all just random primordial oooze that somehow grew into intelligence? Seems sort of elitist or the biggest lotto in the history of the universe.

I believe I have had past lives. Two I am very cognizant about with dates and locations and in one case an event that can be corroborated (this event is documented but not common history). So maybe I heard it one day on the radio? The past lives I "Know" I was female. Some say you get to try some lives...so maybe I thought being a guy would be easier or better? In that case...I was wrong.

“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet. If we knew everything, then science would be a dead study...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    However, if there is such a thing, then you'd expect that everyone would have been both men and women in various past lives, and everyone would be transgendered to some degree, and the whole world would be a whole lot more tolerant of it.
    faulty logic. You stated yourself that you didn't believe you had past lives. So by extension, you if you did and don't remember, then you would not remember what it was like being that gender. Yet others have those vivid memories. I can't agree that you remember everything about a past life. That would be awesome! You would know the day you were born not to stick your hand in a fire or play with a rattlesnake. But often people know things they have not experienced in their current lives. Some say fear of water may be a past experience of drowning. Why not? And just because you were something doesn't mean you liked it or thus would be "tolerant" now. That would be like saying "so many had past lives as soldiers, and they died in battle. So shouldn't we be less likely to fight?" Geez we can't even learn that lesson in consecutive generations....and we KNOW we experienced that.

What I cannot believe though is the number of people who were "famous" before. How many Napoleons could there be? But what about shared concision?

This is something we will never know.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 04-25-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Are you certain? You know we didn't believe in sound through the air or that you could call someone on a hand held phone. But it brings up a point, your opinion may hold about as much weight as anyone else's. Can you be so sure? so what is the rational explanation? I have seen many opinions about why but nothing conclusive...
    Yes, I can be, and am, certain. Mysticism only requires belief or wishful thinking; ever a plausible explanation, let alone proof. Occam's razor.

i've worked with 100's of clients in the process of developing a complete theory of the self and group, and I have reliable ways of distinguishing a projected past life (fantasy) from a real one. While there are lives as the opposite sex, it is rare, probably as rare as CD-ing. Now how about that for a coincidence.

I once was an atheist and poo-poo'd psychobabble as a scientist. I see the error of my prejudiced ways of back then. The world is far more interesting, and no-one, I mean no-one, can explain sight using science - who the hell is watching, huh?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

There are reports all over the world that remember past lives. One thing to tell on those kids are. If their aura is blue, then they came back soon and may in fact remember who they were. I can see the auras on many people plants and even inanimate objects. One just has to practice. They say we are in the spirit land some people call the summer land for two hundred years, yet the world population has grown so fast that many come back sooner. They have blue auras and if the kids auras are read then that might be true. It is true that visitor's may come back and be with you if there was a good connection between them and they come into the astral plane to express themselves. Now cross dressing? We all have a different story and that may not be connected to past lives. My brain is processing 50/50 because my mom had synthetic estrogen that they put in the women to stop miscarriages in the early 1950's so I was born a male with both sides of me working. I do struggle with it, yet was a male so long that I know where I'll be when i pass. I have no urge to be a female. Yet I do process female thoughts along with my male thoughts. Yeah that was pretty fun growing up. I was different than all of the males and beat to my own drum. It has given me the gift of creativity though.
    Part Time Girl

Ive recently been thinking myself about ''two spirits'' i think the term is. Im mostly and used to be all ''guy'' until I started accepting myself but I feel a bit like a different person when I dress and the idea of two spirits sharing one body sounds interesting to me. food for thought

sarah
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Yes, I can be, and am, certain. Mysticism only requires belief or wishful thinking; ever a plausible explanation, let alone proof. Occam's razor.
    Not seeing this.
    Occam's razor is often cited in stronger forms than Occam intended, as in the following statements. . .

"If you have two theories that both explain the observed facts, then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along"

"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations."

"If you have two equally likely solutions to a problem, choose the simplest."

"The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."

. . .or in the only form that takes its own advice. .
    "Keep things simple!"[/quote] in fact Occam's razor states
    "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily."
    it doesn't preclude that there may be things you don't know. It just states to go with the easiest way out...

Again, things get proven and disproved as fact all the time. Even Einstein's theory has flaws now. The razor is used for physics to try and dispel things which are not known at that time. It isn't meant to cause people to totally ignore possibilities. Why could not past lives be the simplest explanation? Makes it easier for me than trying to decipher large mathematical equations. In many cases science takes most difficult explanation. If we used Occam's razor then we would believe the simplest explanation is what people believed hundreds of years ago. That we live in a shell with holes punched in it for stars. Just because someone makes a quote, doesn't set it in concrete. The nature of science is to destroy other's findings

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    i've worked with 100's of clients in the process of developing a complete theory of the self and group, and I have reliable ways of distinguishing a projected past life (fantasy) from a real one. While there are lives as the opposite sex, it is rare, probably as rare as CD-ing. Now how about that for a coincidence.
    This is fascinating to me. And it fits my experience.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I would really like to believe there was a beautiful woman of a past life who left an imprint on me. It would answer a lot of questions.
    That's a lovely, haunting image. I can see how it would appeal to you.

You mention all sorts of masculine qualities as a youngster and a young adult, but you don't mention your family background. Most boys are raised to be men, men in the traditional sense of the word. We are raised to fit society's notion of what makes a man, and even if you had nice, kind parents, it's likely that they followed that traditional parenting model. You may have felt quite comfortable with this, seen nothing wrong with it. But it's also possible that in raising a fine, decent young man, they raised the masculine part of you and neglected the feminine part. I'm speculating of course, but it's possible that your more feminine aspects got left behind, submerged by the ball-throwing, parade-ground stomping, red-blooded part- and finally, decades later, Stephanie bubbled to the surface.

It's a less romantic theory, but it does have the advantage of multiple precedents- plenty of ex-military on this forum.

Perhaps because I was raised by an ultra-feminine mother and with no father or siblings, my femme side was never fully submerged- Nikki has been around since my teens, though for some reason I was 52 when she more fully emerged.

This is starting to sound like multiple personality disorder so I'll stop there... but thanks for starting an intriguing thread.

xxNikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

I love being a man and it is the only life I will ever have. I also love wearing beautiful clothes and I wear makeup anyway because it looks good on me.

However, if I were to come back I would rather be a woman, because the world allows women to dress any way that is decent. Sometimes not so decent.

Rhanda

For me, past lives are about as possible as man being able to fly, or as possible as invisible rays cooking food or 8 year olds who can play violin better than an 60 year old expert.

My gut feel, is that for most of mine, I was a male, that life was hard, not fun and death was on occasions violent (I survived my last death, the experience was amazing but I had my ar*e dragged back with the explaination "your job not yet finished").

My return this time, because I'm spiritually connected to 3 women, I had to be in their life again, while my mother lost a baby, it put the 3 out of sequence so I got the next body, which was male. I don't mind, it's a good strong body with military combat rating, performs well and achieves the goals I want to achieve.

For me, I feel like the body got jumped with 2 souls, although several psychics tell me I have a split soul (which would point more to past lives genders)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I've been on both sides of this issue. Now I just suggest tossing a coin and leaving it at that.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I would really like to believe there was a beautiful woman of a past life who left an imprint on me. It would answer a lot of questions.

Any thoughts?
    And I believe I was Tinker Bell and perhaps several other Disney fairies in a past life.

Seriously...can we get back to reality?

I agree with Jenniferathome. But no one is going to change anyone's opinion here.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would just say never say never or that can't possibly happen because odd unexplainable things do happen.
    I never asked to have the dream and never was into civil war stuff at the age I had the dreams.I remember the smells in the dream too, the musty wet wool coat, the morning dew and the dirt road.
    All those smells came rushing back as saw the figure walking away from me in the morning fog.
    That I guess is what spooked me so much,it wasn't a pleasant feeling I will say that.
    I wanted out of there in a hurry.

Platinum Member
    There are more people living at this moment than have ever lived in the entire existence of the planet. Consequently, there are not enough past lives to provide even one additional life for any of us.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As a scientist, I don't believe it, but ...

There was a massage therapist who I went to wh was kind of "new age"

When she tried to massage the front of my neck, I would always jump or stiffen up.

Once she asked me, "What's the first thing that comes into your mind when I start to massage your neck?"

And I told her, "It's really weird, but I visualize a scene with a pretty young woman with a black page boy hair cut, and someone comes up behind her, grabs her around the neck from the right side, and strangles her to death."

I don't know what it means, or if it means anything at all. But, it's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

There was a movie about this theme called "Chances are", with Cybill Shepard. She sees her husband die right in front of her. He is reborn, and is dating her daughter. Slowly recollections come back to him that makes him realize that he was married to his girl friend's mother in a previous life.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097044/?ref_=fn_al_tt_5
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.