Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Past Lives Influencing You, if At All?

I don't know if we have had past lives,but I cannot think of any other explanation as to the reason I love wearing women's clothes as much as I do. Maybe I was a woman in a past life and my soul from that life was recycled into this life. Who knows for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    There are more people living at this moment than have ever lived in the entire existence of the planet. Consequently, there are not enough past lives to provide even one additional life for any of us.
    Cor! There's a light bulb moment if ever there was one...

Let me get my head around that after only one coffee... that means: birth rate exceeds expiry rate (makes sense) and: not enough 'pre-owned souls' to go around... Hmmm... But that does logically fit with why only some people experience previous lives...

If anyone from science can explain life, personalities, existence... being... in all it's inexplicable richness and mystery, then I might fall towards the non-mystical side of things... but I don't think it does, so I'll keep my options open with Billie on this one: "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    That idea is complete nonsense. There is no Bigfoot, ghosts, or psychics who talk to our dear departed. This kind of nonsense just kills me
    I think you are my new best friend!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stephanie,

I can't say I believe in an afterlife or past lives but then again . . . irrespective of those who think they have it all figured out . . . who really knows. To be honest, if someone came up to me on the street on said, "I understand your being TG because you lived a past life as woman and are just living that out . . . good for you", I would be grateful for one more person who accepted me for who am regardless of the reasoning. That is what really counts in my book.

Hugs

Isha

I'm in the skeptic's camp on this one. For certain I don't think I CD because of a past life. Your mileage may vary.

Banned Read only
    Most of us know that some religions believe in reincarnation , mainly to come back at the next class level if you haven't sinned !

Oh dear I'm going back down the pile if that's true ! What I didn't discover is if you come back as the same gender or if you remember your previous life ?

I believe that when you're gone that's it ! It would be nice to think there's a CDing heaven somewhere where DADT is a sin !!

Lorileah does raise an interesting point Deja vu it is scary some times and takes some explaining, I know there are out of body theories about this ! If I do drift off on my travels in my sleep I hope I'm wearing a clean nightie !!

I have to say I'm with Jenniferathome on this one. Our brains are very good at playing tricks on us.

My past life is what happened last week, by next week that will be even more difficult to get right. What won't change is the way I feel and who i want to become.

My wife strongly believes in past lives, I don't argue with her or rain on her parade. What she believes has made her who she is, and I love that person. I believe I have reached this point in my life by the accumulation of choices I have made over the years.

I am me. I choose to be me. I am responsible for me. I am happy being me. 'Nough said.

Maguarite

My wife believes that my past lives have been heavily tilted female, as a possible explanation of me. Eh, who am I to disagree... It could be possible that I have a lot of female imprinting. I am not convinced of any of it, but like some have said, what we knew for sure centuries ago is not longer the truth, it was only the truth as we knew it then, so who knows.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There is just too much in the spirit world that science doesn't know about.
    Science tends to poo poo anything they can't explain.Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Intuition is hard to explain too.
    The brain is a powerful machine and can do amazing things.

I must admit that I'm in the Hamlet Camp on this one. I want a Universe that is just a little bit out of my ability to understand. Some of my best friends are Horatio's, and I love 'em dearly, but they often remind me of the Apostle Thomas, he of the "I won't believe it unless I can put my finger through the holes in his hand" quote...I'm NOT bringing "religion" into the equation here. I'm jut pointing out the similarities 'tween Horatio and Thomas.

On the totally serious side: Stephanie, please feel free to send me a PM regarding this. My wife is a psychotherapist, also trained and licensed as a "hypnotherapist" with "current and past lives regression"...In other words, she's not a psycic(sp?) with connections to "the other side" who will charge you $35 to tell you that you were once the Virgin Mary.

But toss me a PM, and even though it may take a day or two for me to respond, I'll be glad to tell you a few things from her very real experiences, while not breaking any client/therapist confidentiality...I'm not even sure it's not all a bunch of hooey....But you asked a legitimate question, and it deserves a legitimate answer...Not that I HAVE any answers, but I've had access to some experiences that were way short of hooey in their results.

Just sayin'....

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Traci, even though I can be skeptical of a lot of it, and I definitely feel there are a lot of scammers and fakes out there, there are sooo many unexplained phenomenons that go on that science cannot explain. Twins separated by thousands of miles know when something is wrong with the other. There was a mother whose son was executed, Just before the call came through that it had been done, she burst into tears because she knew it had, she felt it.

I have had a few unexplained moments in my life. The one that gets me the most was when I was driving on icy roads as a teenager. I hit a real bad spot and lost control. I would like to say that I was that good of a driver and I pulled out of it by my ability, but no, that wasn't the case. A large truck was bearing straight down on me. I did what I could at that moment as I was just skating sideways. I thought I was going to die, knew I was going to die. Suddenly the car just grabbed and I veered away from the truck just in time. I went back to find the lucky bare spot and there was no spot. So bad it was hard to walk on. How did my car grab like that? Something was guiding me to safety that day. It wasn't my day to die.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    Jennifer, for someone who resides in the Pacific Northwest (Idaho) you haven't run into someone who has had a Bigfoot experience? Wow! I have a friend who resides in the foothills of Mt. Rainier and has made casts of the tracks of this creature, and, has encountered one as recently as this year. You have to be more open minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    That idea is complete nonsense. There is no Bigfoot, ghosts, or psychics who talk to our dear departed. This kind of nonsense just kills me
    As to someone's comment concerning the number of people who have lived and the number currently living, the concept of past lives does not mean everyone has had a past life. Considering the number of religions that profess a life prior to birth and after death, one cannot easily dismiss past lives. The vast majority of people believe in some higher being based purely on faith alone. For some it is necessary to preclude certain ideas of others because it conflicts or refutes their own.

Just on the subject I posted I found my wife's idea interesting solely because it makes the most sense out of a situation that makes absolutely no sense at all- "Why do I like to wear women's clothing on occasion?"

Some of this confusion is timing. I've read many many postings of members who have had the urge to dress at a very early age. Some were dressed up by mothers, aunts, sisters and others.

So, take a rough and tumble boy who really did not care if girls existed. he had no sisters. He was never attired in girls clothing. He hits puberty and all of a sudden there is a sexual awareness that somehow includes dressing up. Can I explain this? No. I can readily say I am a model husband, father, grandfather and member of the community.

So, it really interests me as to "What influenced me to dress as a person of the opposite sex?"

Just wondering!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    There is just too much in the spirit world that science doesn't know about.
    I don't believe science takes a position on unprovable phenomena, other than the default position of "If it can't be proven, even in principle, then you're going to have a really hard time convincing me of it."

The brain is a powerful machine and can do amazing things.
    Oh, absolutely, including giving you hallucinations, false memories, and an absolutely convincing feeling you had a past life. Heck, as transgender people, we're all keenly aware of the power the brain has over you... if you have a female brain, you'll never get rid of the desire to present as female no matter how hard you try.

I really think that belief in supernatural phenomena is nothing more than an unintended consequence of the software we have running our brain. I'm also fully aware that the awesome power of the brain to create its own reality means that whatever I say will make no difference to those who do believe in the supernatural, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Dianne S; 04-26-2015 at 07:40 PM.

I have been both and have been given past life awareness for my two previous to this one. In the last one, I was a woman, in the one before that a man. I have names and dates for those. Even so I know that my essence is female and always has been. We have some input when we come back as to the lessons we want to learn from. The previous knowledge is there but is tightly compacted so as not to interfere with what we want to accomplish presently.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Science tends to poo poo anything they can't explain.Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Scientists, especially in physics, exhibit a lot of resistance to change when it comes to new ways of understanding concepts like matter, mass, energy, light, life, biological matter, emotions... and often prefer sticking to assumptions from yesteryears than risking their job and letters to put in from of their names. That is why peer reviewing has been made, to lock too new ideas out of the mainstream papers.
    Instead of newage sewage concepts of past lives, one has to think about evolution, how to rethink DNA not only as firmware but also as a dynamic memory where every motion is stored 24/7, then if behavior is keeping different from previous generation for enough years, changes are committed to the next generation.

Science tends to poo poo anything they can't explain. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    I agree with this, but I would change "poo poo" to "refuse to accept". That's how the science works. The "believers" (in past lives, Bigfoot, mermaids, alien visitors, etc...) have an advantage over the "non-believers". It can't be proved that such things don't exist, so nothing can be done to change the minds of the believers. The non-believers CAN be convinced that such things exist, but first we need the goods, the evidence, the solid proof. Fuzzy jerky videos of guys in ape suits are not convincing. Millions of hunters in the woods with cell phones and cameras, and not one good photo or video of Bigfoot. Nor one dead body. All we have are testimonials. You can believe that they exist but science requires more. Otherwise, Elvis is alive, because people SAY they saw him at Quik-E-Mart.
    Watch Ancient Aliens. An observation is made (good). They can't explain its existence (no problem). What follows: "The only logical explanation is that ancient aliens .....". Please. (But I have to credit them for turning absurd ideas into money. Well done.)
    I have to accept that what goes in someone's brain actually goes on in someone's brain. But that falls well short of proof that past lives exist. Jennifer and others are right, by default. Such things don't exist until they are proven to exist.

I have memories of past lives, but most of them are pretty ordinary. I remember my last life pretty well, including the moments just before and during my death (murder). I also remember dozens of lifetimes as a boy, fighting with wooden swords, looking forward to my first battle, and being killed during the first minutes of my first battle. I also have many memories as a woman, in arranged marriages to men who were often brutal and rough, having babies, and eventually dying in childbirth.

There are a few highlights, memorable lifetimes, like being crucified, along with so many others it was like an assembly line with racks for the cross-beams, hundreds spending days in agony, hoping for their final breath, even as birds pecked out our eyes, snacked on the blood of our wounds (wrists). And there were a few times of being burned as a witch after the death of a husband, so that the church or the witness could take my land.

And there were memories of trying to make it past barbed wire fences as the machine guns hacked us down.

I do believe that we may have a choice when we die. We can linger and wait for loved ones, we can go to "heaven" (whatever that is), or we can come back and live another life.

The Hindus, a huge population of a billion people, believe in reincarnation, as do Buddhists. Most have a general belief that how you live your current life will have an impact on the kind of life you get next.

This belief in past lives has often made suicide seem more like "changing clothes" than endless oblivion. At the same time, I began to realize that suicide could mean that my next life could be worse,
    I could be the daughter of an abusive father, or have physical disabilities, or have children who committed suicide.

I'll just do the best I can with the life I have today and see what happens next.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I'm not sure about past lives one way or another - theology is hard to prove or disprove. I do believe in "chi", I don't know if it's hoodoo, or the result of diligent training in a martial discipline.
    On the other hand there is research on trauma & DNA http://www.bbc.com/news/health-25156510 creating personality traits.

Angry Members....

I would remind everybody of the rule that prohibits:

• Ridiculing members/non-members, or the manner in which they express themselves. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves (such as spelling and language skills, and any mention of religious beliefs, political preferences and affiliations, sexual preference, etc.)
    I'm including anything somewhat spiritual in the 'etc.' part of that.

If you have something relevant and new to add to the OP, please feel free. You can have an opinion one way or another but that's ALL it is.

Reiterating what you have already said as if saying it more times makes it more real or more proven... will not be acceptable.

This is NOT about winning an argument, so please keep it civil, have your say but no flaming...

Or else....

Katey

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The comment that was made about not changing any ones mind either way is true.
    If you have never experienced it you will never believe it, if you have experienced it you know what happened and it changes everything.
    Its a very interesting subject to say the least and everyone has their opinion and thats fine.

Reality Check
    I was a female in my previous life. I was killed in Germany at the beginning of WW II when I was about nineteen years old and was reborn as a male in the USA a few years later. I remember it well.

Off course I don't believe in reincarnation, but for some reason this is imprinted on my mind.

Goodness, some of you must have been skeptics in your past lives.

I too have a few memories that science cant explain. I feel like I was a shaman, healer or witch many times (a good one, not a wicked one) in many countries, and I have been a few other things.
    I dont remember any deaths, except that I think a jellyfish sting may have done me in the last time. Kind of a freak occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    This belief in past lives has often made suicide seem more like "changing clothes" than endless oblivion. At the same time, I began to realize that suicide could mean that my next life could be worse,
    Oh no, dont commit suicide... if nothing else, then for the pragmatic reason that the decades of work and learning you have done in this life will be wasted, like a project you put a huge amount of work into that gets scrapped.
    Last edited by Andy66; 04-28-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Reality Check
    The comment about the next life could be worse is very true. As much as some people post about how bad their lives are, should have been born a woman, etc., all of us here have pretty good lives when seen in perspective. We can all read and write, we all have access to the Internet and the freedom to read and write what we want to and we don't live in countries where women are viewed as property. Would anyone here want to be a woman in a country where you are forced to wear a sack and cover your face and hair? Where your family could have you stoned to death for some infraction?

Would you want to be a woman in a country where there was no education for women and you had to forage for food in the jungle and watch your babies die of malnutrition?

Not all of us are going to be reborn as "hot chicks".

I don't believe in reincarnation. I have religious / scriptural reasons. I'll just leave it at that