Thread: Lonngggggg feel good story...All most a blog

Lonngggggg feel good story...All most a blog

Hello everyone,
    I hardly know where to start, I had such a fantastic day yesterday and I am on such a high right now. I just need to write it down and tell you all, all about it.
    First a little bit of the back story: I have talked about it before, but so many stories here and know you all don’t keep up on just little old me There are two kids, late twenties, that I befriended and they both see me as a father figure. I had the opportunity to marry (Yes I'm ordained) the boy to a lovely girl that I now call my daughter in law. Not long ago and with a lot of fear, I came out to them about my CDing. They were all extremely accepting and totally understanding and I would love to say that I have two great kids. Up until yesterday the boy (my son) had not seen me dressed up, so when my daughter suggested, they all go out with Victoria, I was a little apprehensive.

Back story part 2: Recently I post on the fashion thread about a pair of heels I bought. Suede moccasin looking, fabulous 5” heels and I took some of the suggestion I got to put together an outfit to go with them. A knee length denim dress, that buttons down in the front, a brown suede pocket book with fringe. I tied a denim blue and white scarf around my waist and put on so me torques jewelry including an Indian bead choker that sufficiently hid my prominent adams apple. My makeup went I well, I am not great, but I am getting better and fake eye lashes, they went on with out a hitch, yes I was shock too, they have given me such a fit in the past. Oh and for the first time I have both my ears pierced and got to wear dangly earrings that didn't hurt my earlobes through out the evening. Why didn’t I do this before?
    The plan: My daughter is lesbian and knows all the gay bars in town, there is one that I have been to a couple times and feel safe at, yes I’m still concerned about not being able to pass. My son was fine with that and was excited about playing some pool and having a few beers. Even my daughter in law, who was the last to find out about me, agreed to meet us there when she got off work. I was worried about them both seeing me in girl mode, but I kept telling myself, life is what it is and I have to be me, true to myself whether me is me or me is Victoria. I can not be honest with myself if I can not be honest with those I love.

Now the story: My son arrived at my house first, they all just walk in, they truly are my kids. I was still in my bedroom, putting on my wig and doing my final touch ups. We chatted from down the hall as I took several deep breaths and built my courage to walk out into the living room. When I did, he got up gave me the usual hug, told me I looked great and we went right back to our typical small talk. My daughter came over and suddenly they were both talking about getting something to eat. I hadn't thought about this, I hadn't eaten either, too busy getting ready and if we were going to have some drinks we needed food. We talked about fast food and just eating in the car on the way, but then I though, there is an Italian place downtown that we like, lets go sit down and have a meal.

We left the house. This time I didn't sneak out like I normally do. I figured if the neighbors saw me, it would be from a distance and with my kids around me they wouldn't pick me out. We got to the restaurant and I remembered everything I have learned here about “owning it” We walked in picked out a table and I strolled past all the muggles playing no mind and no one gave me a second look. I really think my only outstanding tell was my heels were a little inappropriate for a woman my age. I honestly do not know if the server read me or not. I thought she must have as the place is well lit, but I couldn't detect anything from how she treated or addressed me. It was such a wonderful meal and experience, everything just felt so normal and common place. Yes there was this little voice inside me screaming with panic and fear, but at this point in my life I have gotten so good at suppressing feeling that it actually felt good to turn it around a suppress the ones I didn't like for a change.
    We got to the bar, I order us some drinks, we played some pool and my daughter in law called. She was outside and my son went out to the parking lot to walk her in. I went back into nervous mode. She came in gave me a once over and then a big hug. Later she told me I did a great job with my makeup and hadn't recognized me when she first walked in. She also complimented me on my ability to walk in such high heels and told me I need to give her lessons. No really for a GG she really can’t walk in them and rarely wears any.
    We didn't stay late; we went back to my house, talked a little more and eventually ended this truly wonderful and adventurous evening with Victoria.
    So that is my story for this weekend. I am gitty that I walked in 5” heels with no troubles, ecstatic that I can wear regular earrings now, elated that I found in myself the courage to walk amongst the muggles in full Victoria mode, but most of all overjoyed at the fact that I have such loving people around me.
    Sorry for the length of this story, sorry I have no pictures this time to share with all, but if you have read through this thank you for listening and thank all of you on this site for your friendship, advice, understanding, and helping me to embrace this side of me that I have denied myself for so many, many years. For those of you that know me here, I am still working on my wife with the understanding part, I did set her up an account here and I am hoping when she gets back in town, she will sign on. Before she left she did leave me some coupons for makeup products, so she is trying.
    Well I gabbed way too long
    With Loves and hugs
    Victoria D
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

What a wonderful story Victoria!! Thanks for sharing and, of course, congratulations!

Wow, going out with non-CDs and having a comfortable, nice time... Sounds refreshing!

Beautiful!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Your ordained? That's it I can no longer know you, you, you bible thumper. Ha, just kidding great story and congrats on getting out with a new outfit and "family". We need pics, don't forget again. What is the wife going to say when she learns about your outing? Any way it's great to let go and enjoy yourself, there is so much more to do as Victoria now. Happy dressing.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Victoria,

Thank you for sharing what sounded like a wonderful evening. I'm so glad to hear you feel you can be yourself. I'm still working on that but it's nice motivation to hear from others to hear when it works, it feels great.

What a great story! So very happy for you. Good things happen to good people.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Silver Member
    Victoria

That story was not too long so don't apologize. I like how you tied in the shoes and the earings. I read those posts too. The best thing about your story is its sense of normalcy. Glad you had a great evening with loved ones all around.

Victoria
    Thanks for sharing your story it sounds like you and your kids had a great time

As if I couldn't feel any better or excited and then all your wonderful comments just bring me up even higher. If I could package this I would corner the drug market.
    Well I have held out as long as I can, but I now need to remove the last bits of girl mode and go over to friends house for dinner. Ya they don't know about Victoria, but I am wondering is they are going to say about my newly pierced ears. Well thank you all for being so great. Gotta go for now, but you girls behave and I'll be back later
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a wonderful experience! So happy for you

Awesome! And awesome "kids"! Beautiful story. Good luck with your wife. I hope that turns out well, too.

Cute story Victoria - not too long at all....

You are fortunate indeed to have such an understanding family... treat them well for being sooo accepting (it's clear you do!)

We forgive you for no photographs - but only once....

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Lovely story to read.. and so cool how accepting everyone was!

And any day that you get to walk in 5 inch heels is a good day in my book!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

wonderful, so pleased for you Victoria. That's it, the secret is normalcy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Yes, indeed a wonderful story, thanks! Gabbing? Isn't that what we girls are supposed to do??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club