Thread: Great things are afoot...

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar

Great things are afoot...

(Amy taps the mic) Hello? Is this thing on?

It's been some time since I've managed to post here...but I've been keeping myself busy!

First is a somewhat non-obvious change...I've been letting a bit more of Amy "bleed over" into my male life. I've given up male underwear entirely, wearing only panties now. I also usually wear ladies' "trouser socks" instead of the thigh-highs and regular socks I was wearing; they're less cumbersome and work well. I've even started wearing ladies' polo shirts to work...they're solid colors, and the only way anyone could tell is if they looked closely at the direction the buttons are facing. (I bought "tunic length" tops; they work better than "regular" ladies' polo shirts for me.) Eventually, I may replace my regular shoes with ladies' oxfords or something like that.

Second, I've finally been able to share the photos that I had taken as part of a photoshoot for a "coffee table" book...I held off mostly so that a well-known transwoman blogger could show them to the world first. Go here for more details.

And now the biggest announcement: I am a candidate for the title of "Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado," the title to be awarded at the annual Majestic Hearts Pageant on May 9!

Yes, I've finally become a "drag performer" of sorts, at the encouragement of my friend Phyllis (the owner of Majestic Hearts). I've even performed at one Majestic Hearts event thusfar, where so few performers showed up, I was pressed into service for two numbers despite not having a real costume. But I'm certainly not a typical drag performer, being a transwoman rather than the most common type, a gay man dressing as a woman for performance reasons. But that's OK; Phyllis herself is a performer, despite being a heterosexual ciswoman, and one of my other fellow performers (and dear friends) is a lesbian ciswoman. I'm also atypical in my selection of performance music: symphonic metal. My first two performances were to "Amaranth" by Nightwish and "Our Solemn Hour" by Within Temptation. Among other things, this helps "unify" the halves of my soul, as my love of symphonic metal started on my male side.

I have adopted a "performance name" as well..."Amelia Storm." "Amelia" because it's fancier than my "true" female name "Amy," and yet can still be abbreviated to "Amy" where needed. "Storm" alludes to the powerful symphonic metal I use in my performances. It's written like this:

name-logo-600.jpg

The font is similar to that used on Nightwish's albums. The logo is my own inspiration, created one evening when doodling with Inkscape.

I've been assembling my costumes for the pageant itself...for "theme wear" (going with the theme "Music of the 60's, 70's and 80's"), I'm going to be a flower child, in tie-dye, sandals, beads, peace sign, leather braided headband, and pink John Lennon glasses, carrying daisies (and with one in my hair). For the "evening wear" competition, I'm using the pink gown I bought as part of my "fairy princess" costume. And, for my talent performance, doing "Amaranth"...I found a black leather dress on clearance, and built an outfit around it.

I'll definitely send more updates later...especially if the evening of May 9 concludes with the crown being set atop my head!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Break a leg

Gone to live my life
    Hi Amy,

Nice to see you posting again. Sounds like it will be a great time . . . Good luck and please do keep us updated.

Hugs

Isha

Sounds like great and interesting times ahead, all the best

Wild and wonderful, Amy....

Good luck with the Majestic Hearts thing - sounds like it should all be great fun! And of course we'll be cheering you on.... virtually...

I like your logo - somehow I could see that on the front of a super-heroine costume if you ever have one... (Super Amelia to the rescue! Or at least the stage...)

Let us know how it goes...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Best of luck in the pageant, sis! It sounds like this year, everything's coming up Amy ... or is it Amelia?

WOOT!!! Congratulation Amy! That is really great news

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sound like a good time, i wish you the best, and would you say hi to Phyllis from me, she was the lady that taken me to your favorite night club, in down town, i wish i could get back down there for a anther outing on the town. I will be visiting my mom for mother day in the state to the east so i wish i could see you get that crown girl, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

aw...gee...I wish I could see that but I have an engagement that evening
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Go Amy! I know you'll rock the house!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    aw...gee...I wish I could see that but I have an engagement that evening
    (Amy giggles) Yeah, I forgot about that!

(For everyone else on the thread, Lori is going to be one of the judges at the Pageant. She is also, I believe, going to sing as part of the entertainment.)

I'm sure going to do my best to impress everyone there!

- Amy
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Update: I am now Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado, 2015-16. My signature now includes a link to my Facebook page as Amelia Storm.

Full story to follow. Stay tuned!

- Amy

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    YAAAAAAYYYYY!!! Congratulations, sis! It couldn't have happened to a nicer person - so happy for you

Take the stage by storm and leave them with the sunshine of you!

Will the GIC book be available for sale by internet?
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.