Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's pretty obvious why a guy would crossdress...

Banned Read only
    Sorry Mink from the start I didn't know what was happening until the sex thing started, even then it's wasn't wanting to be pretty or the princess that drove me ! The clothes started to feel good after that ! It's only after accepting myself , which was fairly recent that I wanted to get the whole thing together and try and look my best but I still didn't strive for being pretty !

It seems to me that for someone who has been on the forum for years it would be obvious that its NOT obvious why guys crossdress.

For me, there is a huge difference in how I move about the world in guy mode versus girl mode. I find that dressing as a woman helps me unlock parts of my personality that ordinarily stay submerged. Partly it is by necessity- I need to adopt feminine mannerisms and body language to slip through crowds (mostly) unremarked. But also, as a woman I'm able to give myself license to display my femininity in a way I can't or won't in my male persona. Anyone growing up as a guy in our hyper-masculine society will internalize a lot of negative stuff. Femme behavior is seen as weak - something to be purged. I can't bring myself to act out how I really feel as a guy, I just can't. As Lucy however, I can be as swishy and flighty as I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    because he wants to feel pretty!

who the hell wouldn't!
    Well, I strongly agree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    every girl is a princess

every one
    But, I don't agree with that. Not at all. Most of us aren't raised as princesses, nor do we expect to be princesses. Most of us are average looking, with average bodies, and we don't have the time for daily pampering so we can go out and "look great". We go out without makeup, without a great deal of thought put into the clothes we wear, we just kinda slug through with our jobs, our kids, and life's cares and responsibilities.

If you're thinking that women your age are princesses, this is a different matter. All young women are beautiful in my eyes (by virtue of the lack of aging on their faces and bodies), and young people are allowed to be carefree .... until life's responsibilities hit.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    The average male doesn't want to feel or look pretty. Most men want to feel and look the opposite - strong, rough and masculine.
    I would argue that most want that because that's how they feel attractive to women. I guess I do too, but I also want to look attractive in a physically sexy way, but that isn't mainstream thinking for men. I want to be a bit of a peacock. I'm currently having a bit of fun mixing and matching male and female items to find a look that works, it's fun, quite a challenge, but I'm getting a couple of outfits together that are starting to produce the effect I want. I don't want to be a princess, I don't even want a princess, I tend to go for more athletic, self reliant women.

I have found out that skirts feel wonderful for a guy, ( well this one at least ) and female underwear and hosiery are more comfortable generally, and can be a sensual delight.

My opinion only, YMMV etc.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

If it weren't for what others (family,friends, ect... ) I would wear women clothes all the time

Go Cortina Wurst!
    You are changing the world we live in for us! A legend in our own time - a 'Rising Phoenix'!

Di

I want to be King and Queen
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

It's Interesting that so many people suggest, imply or outright state that "most guys just never thought to try it" or similar. I once believed this to be the case too, and so I asked several of my female friends about it.. and quite surprisingly.. across the board, more than half of their collective boyfriends had worn their underwear once or more.. I think lots of guys try it.. some of us merely like it more than others.

I found wearing womens clothes was a great way to meet chicks.

Being a 98 lb weakling I was never one to attract girls but wearing dresses made them curious as I did look attractive.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

well for one thing I have found that g/g's have the market cornered on comfort the jeans I wear are western cut lady wranglers and fit so much nicer than the man model and of course lets not forget panties as for whatever reason they fit me so much more comfy than the boxer briefs I would normally no if I could just find a panty style that I could slip past the wife I mean with me there is not the usual binding of the junkyard etc and besides they emit a forcefield of calmness and relaxation
    hugs phylis

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailJordan View Post
    It's Interesting that so many people suggest, imply or outright state that "most guys just never thought to try it" or similar. I once believed this to be the case too, and so I asked several of my female friends about it.. and quite surprisingly.. across the board, more than half of their collective boyfriends had worn their underwear once or more.. I think lots of guys try it.. some of us merely like it more than others.
    While I hate to dignify this with a reply, (because so many of u r into this panty fetish thing), I will. U r misunderstanding why most men mite put on women's panties, Abby. It's called, "playing around" in the bedroom, or "a joke". Women's panties r physically uncomfortable for me. A man can't even put on a pair of sexy panties and have them work unless u wear them backwards or tuck. (Which many of u don't do). I understand that CD's may get excitement or comfort from them. But, if u think regular guys get those same feelings, you're in the Nile.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I tried beets. I hate the god damned things, My wife and her whole entire family loves them. I tried them again just to satisfy them that the way they cooked them would have made a difference. Nope, I still can't stand them. Relevance?? Most men are not going to want to have anything to do with dressing like, looking like or acting like a woman. Most likely because they are not transgender...
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I wish I knew why I have the urge to dress. Being hetero it's not to attract a man.
    I have no inclinations for surgery to change my body in any way. If a genie could grant me
    a wish and change me to a female in an instant I still feel I would want to return to male
    after a month or so. I think it's all the different choices in makeup & clothing that
    women have to express themselves that is so appealing. If I'm going to all the trouble
    to dress as a woman I'm going to go all out. Not interested in dressing female & drab.
    Dressing male is just a lot easier.

If any guy ever hastles me about cross dressing, I've already got my response. "Try it you might like it too."

So you are saying wearing women's clothing is the "fountain of youth"?
    Last edited by Katey888; 05-02-2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Aspiring Member
    Regular guys would never think about wearing their girlfriends or wife's clothes so it would not enter their head they were missing out.
    It is their loss really isn't it?
    Hugs
    Jayne

Searching 4 friends Lilian Sport Lover's Avatar
    Most of us do not know exactly what people have in their heads. We act just to fit in, go with the flow, survive physically and financially. I once read that 50% of college girls tried at least once a homosexual experience. Yet more than 50% of our society is prejeduced against homosexual people. I once had a good doctor friend who, on occasion, like once a month, worked in the emergency room. He was telling me that he was completely shocked as to how many times he encountered emergency men patients who had inside female clothing of some sort. This doctor was not even a full time emergency doctor. So do the math. I have also read on Opra s site that at lease three percent of kids in the U.S. Belonged to other men and the fathers never knew. Yet we claim to live in a conservative society where it is accepted as a fact that mostly women do not cheat. I guess 3% illegitimate fathered kids is higher now because of the Internet. So let us do the math 3% non fathered kids means at least 30 women cheating rate since most women are super careful of not getting pregnant when cheating. I guess what I am trying to say to you is that just because people maybe against crossdressing. Crossdressing 1-100% like any other social experience/taby does occur more than you think.
    Last edited by Lilian Sport Lover; 05-02-2015 at 03:53 AM.

Aspiring Member
    While I doubt cross-dressers are a majority, the prevalence will always be unreported due to a plausible link between embarrassment and the public perception of fetishistic cross-dressing (the most visible form to the vanilla world). Conformity is always a high ideal, for that matter, so there will always be CDers sufficiently deep in the closet not to be out even online.

Also, I doubt it's as obvious as OP makes it sound; feeling pretty is at best an effect in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    If any guy ever hastles me about cross dressing, I've already got my response. "Try it you might like it too."
    Nice - it might cause to think differently
    So much to learn still

I like the way lingerie looks, wether on the rack, on my wife or on me. It feels great too.

Totally agree that we do it to look pretty! As guys we rarely get to experience that and it sure feels great!

I have been wanting to go try some bongos on. I do belive you are right about the comfort, my wife let me try her MissMe's on and I loved them. They fit very well! I will be replacing my regular male wranglers with women's jeans for sure. Though here in Florida we don't wear jeans that often. As far as the panties are concerned I wear lacy boy shorts and I love them, I'm lucky my wife loves women's clothes expecially panties on me.

I think that I first became attracted to women's clothes when I was about 5 or so years old and used to watch my Mom putting on her undergarments. I was just fascinated by her slipping into her bra, girdle, and hooking up her stockings before putting on her dress and heels. When I got to be about 12, I noticed that the girls were starting to wear the same kind of clothes whereas I was still wearing the same old drab pants and shirts. I so wanted to be able to experience the same thing. I used to daydream in school about what it would feel like to come dressed like the girl next to me in my bra, girdle, stockings, and a dress. My parents were good friends with the parents of one of my female classmates we used to visit often. One day, I noticed her bras and panties folded up on top of her dresser and I just couldn't resist taking a bra in the bathroom and trying it on. It felt so strange and of course I got somewhat aroused but knew then that I wanted to explore further but couldn't, at that time. I think it was the thrill of doing something forbidden, that really turned me on. From that point on, I started my adventure as a CDer. I think that I'm not trying to feel pretty but rather that women's clothes bring on a whole different sensory feeling, which is true to this day. The arousal part is long gone so that's not what has enticed me to continue crossdressing all these years. I guess I will never really figure out why I do it,but, who cares. It's just fun!!
    Monique

Platinum Member
    Hi Mink, I've been in this program for over 68yrs. now, It's just who I am and it's just what I do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

For me iy I just a plain fact that I would like to be as feminine as possible and be as close to a woman as I can possibly be