Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so paranoid, you guys :/

I'm so paranoid, you guys :/

post-err
    Last edited by Katie M; 06-23-2015 at 07:40 AM.

All most all of us Kate have accidently left some make up at one time. You sound like you're young and still exploring new aspects in your dressing experience. To reassure yourself that you're face is clean, buy yourself a package of makeup remover wipes. Wash your face with soap and water, pat dry and use a wipe to remove what the soap and water missed. A package of wipes is not that much, under $5, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing all the makeup is off.
    Now, about sleeping in makeup, not good for your completion! Or your sheets. This may be how mom is getting clues. You should also buy a facial moisturizer when you buy the wipes. Moisturize after each time you clean up. Hope that helps.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Daniella Argento
    I sometimes get 'ma'amed' on the phone when I am not trying to be feminine.
    I have also been 'ma'med' in shops when in male mode, when buying both men's and women's clothes.
    I just laugh it off. It is almost certainly meaningless.
    I used to be very worried about being found out. Now, whilst not seeking to out myself to anyone other than my wife, my view is that this is a private if not a secret activity, I have decided that if found out, I will disclose as much as is relevant/necessary based on who the person is. How they react is their problem, not mine. Of course I will be more sensitive with family than with acquaintances.
    My thoughts on this are expressed in more detail here
    https://daniellaargento.wordpress.co...on-the-reveal/
    if you are interested...
    I am sure to remove make up and give myself a good scrub, but you cannot legislate for all eventualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    To reassure yourself that you're face is clean, buy yourself a package of makeup remover wipes. Wash your face with soap and water, pat dry and use a wipe to remove what the soap and water missed.
    Then dry your face on a freshly laundered white towel. Any residual make up will certainly show up on the towel.
    Now you have to rewash your face AND launder the towel!
    Just trying to lighten the mood...
    Heidi's advice is excellent and I am not trying to discredit it at all!
    Last edited by Sandra; 04-29-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please use the edit function, multi posting is not allowed

post-err
    Last edited by Katie M; 06-23-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Banned Read only
    Katie M,
    Don't let it bother you ! Yes you may be more aware of it than other people think ! I do think despite us dressing and doing makeup on the exterior something shines through from inside, I'm getting this feeling more than ever now even after all these years !

Platinum Member
    There's good advice above. I checked your bio. You're young and probably really self conscious. One of the things I use to do was scrub and scrub my face. As a kid I thought there still must be some makeup on. I ended up scrubbing my face raw. That surely attracted attention. Gentle cleaning with products designed to remove makeup should work. If you have a feminine facial structure I can readily see why people would take a second glance. If you're styling your hair consciously or subconsciously in a feminine hair style and thinning your eye brows that will add to the visual confusion: male or female??

Don't wear makeup to bed.

Banned Read only
    my mustache is the only reason i dont get maam'd..this is my wifes 2nd request that i only shave it off if im going to full dress. 1st request is to keep the small patch of chest hair between my boobs..

post-err
    Last edited by Katie M; 06-23-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Not exactly the same experience, but I have found the more comfortable I get, the more I'm accidentally leaving stuff out to be seen or forgetting how I look. Not that this happened to you, but certainly conceivable.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Coconut oil is amaze balls !!! Use it to get rid of the eye makeup, BLOWS away the makeup remover whipes ( for your eyes anyway) AND its safer and better for your eyes....use the whipes on your foundation etc....I totally get what you are saying though...maybe you just STILL see the girl...i know i can, and if you normaly take good care of your skin, shave etc... maybe you just have BETTER skin and completion now, maybe you see and KNOW your face...thats a guess though...what do i know ...its kinda how i feel though when I see my face the next morning.

I got caught twice at work with eyeliner still on....it was embarassing...coconut oil ...LOL XOXO

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I buy my makeup removal wipes at the 99 Cents store. They work fine. But, as Adriana says, I often scrub pretty hard to get off makeup that's been on all nite.

My face looks red and scrubbed for some time. So, I don't go out for 1/2 hour or more afterwards!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wouldn't sweat it Hon. Sometimes folks just sense unconsciously that we are feminine. No big deal.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Really you are paranoid...then you start this thread http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...pen&highlight=
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

When I was in my 20's people called me "ma'am" a lot, even though I had a fu-Manchu mustache. The most likely reason is that you don't have the heavy brow-ridge that many males have. (True in my case.) I also have no Adam's apple, which also made my face look more feminine. Add long hair, and there you go. Wearing makeup often will also make your skin softer.

Looking feminine isn't a bad thing, and you can't do anything about it anyway, so don't worry about it.

Nope, you're not paranoid, everyone sees right through you. They all know.

Sometimes I get the feeling too. A guy made a crack about me being a crossdresser and there is no way he knew. But, I do wear clear polish and trim my eyebrows and shave my body.

Uh, maybe he DID know. I don't really care anymore, let them wonder.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just clean your face off better if its bothering you.Coconut oil is amazing.
    What are you worried about anyway, what is anyone going to do?
    Not illegal for a guy to wear make up.

Platinum Member
    There may be different things going on here. First, you may be interpreting these incidents the way you want to imagine them. In other words, it's in your head. The other deal...forgetting to take off eye make up...that may be a deliberate attempt to get caught. Regarding your mother, you would be well advised to discuss this with her rather than dropping clumsy hints.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Katie, on your other thread you said that you did 6 months of "transition" Did that include hormones? If so, I would say it's quite likely you have significantly more feminine markers than the average guy.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danitgirl1 View Post
    I sometimes get 'ma'amed' on the phone when I am not trying to be feminine
    Lol, I get this all the time... I have a higher and softer voice than most of my friends. Frustrating sometimes when I get calls looking for me, and callers think I am a girl! But refreshing too.
    XOXO - Jess

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I use olive oil, then soap and water. The olive oil will get all of the eye liner and eye makeup off before the soap and water cleans the rest. As far as lip stick, olive does a good job too, even for some of the longer lasting lip sticks. I agree about using the moisturizer before going to bed, then wash your face in the morning. Don't worry about what others are thinking.
    Dana Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    I use olive oil, then soap and water. The olive oil will get all of the eye liner and eye makeup off before the soap and water cleans the rest. As far as lip stick, olive does a good job too, even for some of the longer lasting lip sticks. I agree about using the moisturizer before going to bed, then wash your face in the morning. Don't worry about what others are thinking.
    Baby oil works well too (and it smells nice.) But it may not be traces of makeup that that people pick up on, but as others have noted maybe the inner you. I've been ma'amed when en drab, and when that happens, I just take it as a compliment. It certainly does not make me feel nervous or embarrassed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I got caught wearing lipstick once, when asked about it I said I had been drinking raspberry cordial.

I am SURE they bought it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I'll have to try the coconut or olive oil next time. I've been using the Wet Ones sensitive skin wipes to take off makeup.
    Works very well for me does not irritate my eyes either.

If make up removal is really important, might be worth an investment in a good remover. My fav is Lancome's Bi-Facil.

IF people are looking at you funny, maybe its not the makeup. Maybe its because youre acting nervous and suspicious.