Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think would happen...

Speak to your hr department first but I doubt any job can firer you these days be out of dressing as a woman

Katie:

You seem determined to do this in spite of the cautionary advice you've received after having asked for advice. I say, "Go for it!" show up at work in full on girl mode, nicely made up, wig, jewelry, appropriate clothes for your work environment, including appropriate shoes, purse, etc., and see how it goes. Who knows, you could be a trailblazer for the rest of us. Or, you could go down in a blaze of flames and crash and burn. Either way, you'll be able to validate whether the advice you've been given is good or bad, leaving you better prepared to properly value the advice of friends in the future.

If, perchance, things don't go really well at work and you get called on it, be sure to tell your employer that you did it because you really wanted to, and since genetic ladies can do it, you should be able to do it, too.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

All, I just corrected my previous post that I would NOT (omitted that!) go to work en femme....

claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by amy101 View Post
    I doubt any job can firer you these days be out of dressing as a woman
    In the US, many states are "at will" states and employers can fire you for any reason they like or even for no reason at all. Be careful giving advice to people who may not live in the same jurisdiction as you.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Even in the "at will/right to work" states they probably will not come out and directly list "on this date you appeared to work dressed in inapproiate attire which violates this company's male grooming standards, therefore we have come to the deciscion to rescind your employment here, your final day of employment will be such date at which point you are to turn in all work ID's, company property etc." Too obvious.

Instead your employer will find some other reason to fire you for something else be it nit picking, micro managing you looking for the slightest violation possible, waiting for you to make any mistake, watching your any and every movement (which I've been through personally "it took you too long to due the following task blah, blah, blah, letter in your file, you failed to report losing your issued pen holder in a timely manner, another letter in your file, you left the toilet seat up, 3 letters in your file within so many days, resign, or be fired).

I'd suggest not doing this unless you really really feel like it's absolutely necessary like your planning on going 24-7.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Save it for Halloween and then find out how they and you feel about it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I see your bio page lists your age as 18. In another thread you indicated you live at home with parents and are basically hiding your sexuality from your mother. You also indicated you started transitioning and abandoned the efforts after six months. The question arises as to whether you're a cross dresser or a transsexual. I always make decisions based on risk vs. reward. You have to consider what the state and/or local laws are concerning sexuality. Washington State law protects sexual minorities in the work place. If you live in an at will state, i.e, you can be fired for no reason at all, then tread lightly. If you're serious then check out the company policy concerning what you intend to do.

If all you want to do is explore and see how it feels to be out in a public place, I'd suggest not doing it at work. Do it at a safe venue such as a shopping mall.

Katie just because your bosses get you, maybe you will GET it.

I would save the occasion for a special event.

I remember two crossdressing students coming university dressed one day.

Every body noticed them and they were a great hit as the paper they delivered was "Sexual Diversity in The Cinema."

They then watched two films, Some Like It Hot and Glen and Glenda.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.