Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post FFS and BA: A new self-awareness and realness

What a wonderful post Anne. So happy for you! A very impactful revelation for you. And, you look great.

Be well.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    Goodness Anne, the bravery You have!

Wow, the first three are a little hard to look at, but the end result looks good. How long before the bandage comes off the nose? I hope you are happy with the result and it was worth the pain and money!

Hugs, Bria

Gold Member
    Ah, Angela has gotten the sneak peak. I have been waiting for you to feel up to typing away to us. We talk about authenticity and I think of that as living the way you feel you should. Being authentic to everyone else. I think this is something more and is better called alignment. Everything looking and feeling they way you are internally in your heart and soul. I am happy that you are have this realization and experience. Time to completely settle and let it all go.

Platinum Member
    The results speak for themselves, even with the bandaid...but omg those first post surgical images!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Not that you would have wanted to go back in any case. But the fact that you can't go back serves to confirm the decision you took years ago. You have passed through the door and locked it behind you. So happy for you.
    Last edited by Dawn cd; 05-23-2015 at 10:09 AM.

that last picture of you is so awesome.; you look great, Anne. thanks for sharing the photos (and your story) with us.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    I have to move past this but I do think it will require surgery.
    I'm a proponent for FFS and if you go to the same surgeon that Anne (and I) went to then it's very unlikely that your face will get stared at. He is remarkably subtle.

Having said that I think I need to interject something into this conversation. The self image issue may still be there after surgery. I can't speak for the others but I can attest that even after all of the procedures that I've had, I still have a nagging feeling that people "know". It doesn't seem to matter how much I 'pass', one sideways look and I automatically assume I've been read. I need to move past it as well Becky, and since I've run out of surgical options, I guess I'm gonna have to do that part myself. :-)

By the way, in the interest of realness, I was at the recovery house when Anne arrived and she's just as cool as you think she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I need to move past it as well Becky, and since I've run out of surgical options, I guess I'm gonna have to do that part myself. :-)
    It sucks when we have to do all the heavy lifting ourselves, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    It sucks when we have to do all the heavy lifting ourselves, huh?
    Yes indeed.
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

OMG Anne, what a difference! You look great!
    Reine

You look great Anne, it must be nice to see all the hard work finally coming together...

Megan

You really do look good,Anne.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Anne you look wonderful and I know with time you will get even better looking.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

How's the recovery going?

Anne, you're definitely an inspirational figure
    Well done :3

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Having said that I think I need to interject something into this conversation. The self image issue may still be there after surgery. I can't speak for the others but I can attest that even after all of the procedures that I've had, I still have a nagging feeling that people "know". It doesn't seem to matter how much I 'pass', one sideways look and I automatically assume I've been read. I need to move past it as well Becky, and since I've run out of surgical options, I guess I'm gonna have to do that part myself. :-)
    Ah crap, I was hoping that'd get better over time.
    I hate wondering if that dude was laughing at me or was talking into those dumb ass bluetooth ear thingies.

i got over it.. it got much better in time for me.

FFS did everything i hoped.. that being said its not for everybody and its sure possible that people read you and possible to worry about being read...it just doesn't happen anymore...if i'm read i'm read...i'm not aware of it anymore...

to be honest this didnt happen to me until after srs actually...ffs made everything possible...srs closed the deal for me..

I can't even imagine not being aware of it, Kaitlyn. Given enough time and experience, I can certainly believe that awareness goes blessedly by the wayside, but I can't imagine yet what that feelings like . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    I can't even imagine not being aware of it, Kaitlyn. Given enough time and experience, I can certainly believe that awareness goes blessedly by the wayside, but I can't imagine yet what that feelings like . . . .
    me either Annie, but it does seem to be getting fewer and further between.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    That's amazing and real and awesome and inspiring. Thank you for sharing this. Congratulations!
    "I'm a work in progress..."

For me it came about in stages. Getting ffs, and name change, did some, getting the F on the drivers license was another. Maybe the biggest for me was the birth certificate. Spending a lot of time just living goes a long way too.

Kinda went back a step or two when I had SRS because I was reminded of it every day.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Anne....what a wonderful revelation you had....it is great to hear that you are recognizing yourself as just that...yourself!

Banned Read only
    Is BA breast augmentation or and body augmentation or what?

I know what FFS is.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Yes, BA is the common abbreviation for Breast Augmentation
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Banned Read only
    thank you very much. I thought thats what it meant but was unsure.