Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costume ideas for Comic Con?

Costume ideas for Comic Con?

Lately I've been intrigued by Comic Con events. It looks like a great opportunity to get dressed and have fun in a safe environment, but I can't think of any good feminine costumes that would be semi-passable for a MTF crossdresser. Most are either too outlandish or just plain over-sexual. Any ideas for good costumes?
    -Dana
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Sorry no pictures, but I have gone to a con as Death from Gaiman's Sandman. Relatively easy to do. Black jeans, black boots, black tank top, black wig, ankh necklace and make-up. Plus she's a common character so I wasn't the only one there. Was the only one cross-playing that character though. Had a good time at the event and even met an artist from the series who got a chuckle out of my costume.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    not quite sure passable and comic con go hand in hand LOL....Have fun with it, go big....i would love to go to one of those as TANK GIRL , or Eon Flux

Well before you said "too over sexual" I was going to suggest a mord-sith outfit.. but skin tight red catsuit/leather doesn't really fit that bill!!!

As Adriana says.. forget the passable or even semi-passable part.. if it's comic-con nobody really expects you to look immaculate x x

I went to the comic con held in cleveland earlier this year, I saw a number of people crossplaying, some passible and some not, it didn't matter people loved them all and wanted to take pictures with them. The one i really liked was one i had my picture with who was harley quinn, i think that one you can get away with as there are many versions of her costume some more revealing some more modest. If you want to be a little more revealing you could be poison from final fight who is a mtf character. I've been thinking of these things for myself but i'm quite non passable and closeted so i'll be starting off with outlandish like samus aron in the original power armor from metroid.

edit: Thought of another as i was browsing my pintest on cosplay. Velma or daphne from scooby doo.
    -kat
    Last edited by Closeted Kat; 04-21-2015 at 08:41 PM. Reason: thought of more stuff to add
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

I've been fascinated by the costumes at comic cons as well. Many people are very open to cross play and it would be a lot of fun. I bet if you chose something you really like regardless if you pass in it, you'll have a great time. Good luck!

I don't cosplay (or crossplay) but it is something I've considered. I've never really had the opportunity though. I do have quite a few friends that partake, and the once piece of advice they imparted in regard to choosing a character is don't look for what you think will be easy or suit you, but look for a character that you like. It will help you with putting effort and portraying the important aspects properly.

You may also find www.crossplay.net and www.cosplay.com invaluable
    -Lucy

Maybe all are t00 outlandish.
    That is what most costumes are.

Over the top.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Maybe you could go as a female version of a profession as opposed to a female character? Such as a female soldier or cop so you don't have to dress sexual, you could even just wear male clothing and then just do your make up and have a wig

Choose something that suits you, your look, hair colour, body shape, etc... Not too many MtFs are going to pull off Mystique without a lot of help and padding (or major surgery... ), imho...

I quite like the look of Blonde Phantom... fabulous gowns...

How about something slightly androgynous.... Tank-Girl? Lara Croft? (Except everyone does her...)

I know it's not a comic character, but I'd love to do Maggie Gyllenhal's character from 'Secretary'...

secretarypic.jpg

Perhaps a bit hard on the knees for an entire convention though...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

How about a female wookie or a female crewman from the original star trek (cute short dress with tights)?
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I've been thinking about the classic Bat Girl myself.0

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Too easy, Danam. Go with a "classic". Batgirl, Superwoman, Wonderwoman, etc.

You'll fit rite in and be accepted by everyone there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would love to crossplay! A harley quinn costume sounds like great fun but it doesn't look easy to pull

I know who I would go as. Hint, hint. See my user name and photo.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Selene from underworld (oh if only i could go lol)

How about Chun-Li from street fighter ?
    - Dani

Check out this list of female superheros

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superheroines

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I have some ideas put together for a Malificent outfit. The idea would be to go to a local transformation boutique and let them handle the makeup before heading to the con.

Thanks for the great ideas! I think Maleficent would be good, although a lot of work! I like the idea of Daphne or Thelma from Scooby Doo, but I would need the other characters around for maximum effect. The Star Trek idea is nice, although I'd prefer a slightly longer skirt!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I like the idea of going as a femme video game character myself. There are many good gals to choose from. Some less common ones that would really rock are Claire Redfield (circa Resident Evil 2) Estelle from Trails in the Sky, or if you have *major* body confidence, Nei from Phantasy Star.

Whatever you go with, have a blast! ComicCon is a very supportive environment and loads of fun. Post pix!

Lu

When I've been to Cosplay events, I've always asking the Cinderellas and Belles to pose for me - and naturally I'm imagining being dressed as them. And last year, I was lucky enough to meet a girl dressed as Morticia Addams. That would be tempting, though it would probably be quite hard to walk around in a hobble dress all day!

I think I'd have a hard time resisting being (one of the many) Deadpool-in-a-dress cosplayers.

I actually had a booth at one for my business and crossplayed Catwoman

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11D3...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IGm...ew?usp=sharing

I had a ton of people come up to me for pics and even had the official event photographer have me to cat poses for the camera. I say DO IT!!!!! It was a blast

Some I've considered:
    Lady Sif (from Thor)
    Batgirl (current being drawn by Babs Tarr)
    Captain Marvel (current)
    Sinestro Corp member
    Janine Melnitz (from Ghostbusters)
    or even the Scarlet Witch from the new Avengers movie.