Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having Shaved legs and painted toes at the pool

paint them pink to support breast cancer awareness
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Don't worry about it. Nobody will notice shaved legs in a pool. Besides if you had been on a swim team there would have been a mandatory body shave to decrease water drag. As for painted toe nails, most people won't notice and if they do will not mention it. After all you will be in the water and if you swim the crawl stroke the nails will be out of sight.

I would think of all places, shaved legs at a pool would be no big deal. Isn't that what swimmers do?

Painted nails -- think of this: if you saw some guy at the pool with his toenails painted, what would you do? Probably look, note it, figure he knows what he's doing and move on. In general that's all that will happen with you too. Nobody has ever spoken to me about my shaved body or painted nails in any setting other than the occasional person who says, "Ooh. Nice color" about the nails. And I agree with your observation -- having brightly painted nails makes me happy. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I look at is my toes and I smile. It sets the tone for the rest of the day. Why even consider giving that up?

My daughter painted my nails on holiday once for a laugh, I kept the polish on and nobody round the pool said anything apart from a young boy who was the only one that thought it was strange.

That's s good idea! And excuse ! Pink for breast cancer but remember to donate !

Ryce,
    I only show painted toes when dressed en femme.

I do have them painted a lot in drab but generally covered up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll likely be starting up swimming next week and I think I'm going to keep my toes painted. Jennie, you made a good point of looking at reversing the roles. I probably wouldn't make a fuss over it so why should I expect that from others. I'm not as concerned with the shaved body as some people pointed out, swimmers usually do that anyway, I was more worried about having to take the polish off. Thanks Ladies!

Ryce, I go to the pool five days a week. I have been going for at last four years with my legs shaved. Only once have I had someone comment, http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...way&highlight= Admittedly, that happened in a somewhat rednecky area of N. Virginia. For the last 1.5 years swimming in DC, not a peep. Though, I have noticed I am not the only guy with shaved legs.

I have shaved my legs for the past 10 years and wouldn't have it any other way. Pantyhose feel fantastic against smooth legs and who cares what other people think. It's our life, live it to your satisfaction.
    xoxoxo,
    Nikinylons
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.