Thread: Ava's Shopping Trip

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Ava's Shopping Trip

I spent all day Saturday dressed as Ava and went shopping and to my Tri-Ess meeting! This was my first time out for shopping in normal stores and in public. Yes, I've had a makeover and went a few places, but they were all TG/CD friendly. This was my first time in the real world...

I got up around 9, and let the wife and kids leave for other things, then got dressed up in this outfit:

I then drove to a Ballard marina to meet another Tri-Ess member who lives on a boat. He was in drab, but that's OK with me. Anyway, I was totally nervous leaving the safe haven of my car, but put on the mindset that "Yeah, I'm a guy in a dress, but I'm not indescent and look quite good for a guy in a dress." So, here I go.

Well, it was drizzly and windy, but I walked the long way down from guest parking to the pier, then met him at the pier gate. I had to walk on the solid part of the slope and not get my heels caught in the grating. I passed a few people along the way, but no one really paid me any mind, even though I was very over dressed.

It was fun getting into the boat, had to keep my balance and place those heels in the right places. I felt very feminine and like a lady.

So, he got his wig and outfits together and we walked backup up to the parking lot and headed out for shopping! The Fremont area of Seattle is close by, and probably one of the more liberal areas of the city. We hit some of the clothing stores near the Lenin statue and surrounding areas.

Through getting in and out of the car a lot, I learned how to get in and out of a car more femininely. Like keeping the knees together, butt in first, swinging the legs in, etc. And I did my best to keep my elbows in while walking and shopping, even carrying a handbag became natural to me.

All throughout the day, I passed people on the sidewalk, saw people in the shops, etc. Everyone was just normal around me. Well, a couple of older ladies gave me a smirk upon eye contact. I don't know what the meant by it, but I just continued what I was doing...

In one store, I bought a silky floral dress and blouse (to be modeled later) and headed to the cashier. I didn't say much at all, just handed her my credit card. "Do you want this in a bag?" Sure, I said. No problems... Then she looked at my signature and the name on the card... Immediately, realization popped into her face and she looked up at me. I had a slight smile on my face, and she just continued the transaction..

I don't know if I really passed or not, I mean I was over dressed to begin with, which attracts attention, but to me, wearing jeans would just defeat the purpose. Having read Lacey Leigh's web site, I just forced the mindset that yes, I'm a guy in a dress, so what, and did the best I could to blend in.

No one gave me a hard time, no one made disgusted faces or pointed at me yelling "Hey, that's a guy in a dress!" I heard no one wispering or giggling behind my back. If they did, I didn't notice.

I guess, if you do it with style, class and poise, people just accept...?

10 hours straight in high heels! Luckily driving gave my feet a rest when I needed it. Except for a few strap marks, my feet were fine...

Next time, I'll interact more, and bring my camera.
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Julie

Thumbs up

Congratulations Ava, it sounds like you had an excellent day without any hassles. I'm proud of you girl.

Love Julietta (Julie)

Charlotte Elizabeth
    great stuff Miss Mouse...and fab outfit !

Ava, that is awesome!

Wow. I am sure the only people that were looking were blown away by your beauty. Really, really stunning.

Much love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Ms. Mouse, ma'am, if you went out looking like your pic, I believe you would be in the top quarter of the class for looks, girl! That sounds so great! Way to go!... Have you told us, does your SO know about this hobby at which you are so proficient? wenda

Great job Ava, you look fantastic and I am sure you had fun. I'd love an outing like that. Maybe someday....

Victoria

Smile SO and so...

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Yes, the wife knows and is OK with it, as long as I'm responsible and call her often to let her know I'm OK. She's met the Tri-Ess members, so she knows I'm with a safe crowd, too.

Keep in mind gals, that I only post the best of my pics, I could show you some pics that were dead give-aways that I was a guy, because of the angle, lighting, etc. I'm no where near as pretty in real life, I think. Photography hides a lot!

Another thing that gave me confidence was a punk/goth guy I saw on the initial drive in. He was wearing leather shorts, tall leather boots, baggy leather jacket and a wild hair style. And I said to myself, if he can go around looking like that, then why can't I go out looking like this?

Unhappy See...?

Ok, here's a BAD pic of me... That's right, this is what I really look like. No editing, softening, bad lighting angle, etc.

Ava,

you are an inspiration and you look great. I would just love to do what you have achieved. You have no worries - even your bad picture looks great to me.... we all lack some self confidence. But I look at some women and think If they can look that bad why can't I look a bit poor sometimes.
    All girly on the inside...time for the outside too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Mouse
    Ok, here's a BAD pic of me... That's right, this is what I really look like. No editing, softening, bad lighting angle, etc.

Ummm, I don't think it looks that bad.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

Oh, Ava, I know you can't see anything but your face and you think it's so obvious. . .

But the overall presentation is soooo feminine and so lovely that I still think you would fool most of the people, most of the time! I loved the story of your shopping trip and the confidence that you were able to display. You had enough confidence in your appearance and behavior to overcome the nagging doubts and just go out and enjoy yourself. Bravo for you!

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I REALLY appreciate them!

You all are, by far, the best SISTERS I've ever had on the net! I really have respect for you all, especially how you treat newcomers, amateurs, etc. (Esp. Matthew) You're doing the right things, keep it up! It also makes it easy to help and encourage, too.

Well, I'm still face conscientious, but you all need to know that even Ava has tough obstacles to overcome to make a femme presentation! It's all about being creative with what you've got, practice and having fun! I sometimes forget the FUN part... Don't you all forget it either!

must have been nice to go out like that!

Ava is too modest

Ava, you are being too modest. I am the boat owning friend and for the record, Ava was beautiful and charming on Saturday and is certainly her own harshest critic. BTW, I didn't forget what heels can do to a deck, I have just removed the teak decks and rebuilt the decks with extra strength in the fiberglass because I didn't want any chance of heels doing damage since I wear heels too! It was a great day Ava and maybe sometime soon it will just be the girls going shopping!