Thread: A Mall comment, compliement

A Mall comment, compliement

I had an interesting experience at the mall yesterday It took me a while to decipher it. The mall an outdoor one. crowded for a Friday afternoon and warm. I was feeling all the comfortable. I wore a skirt usually I am a jeans girl when I am out to places like a mall. But I seemed to be passing or at least not getting clocked so no problem. I pushed through the crowd and a young teenage women said to me "your beautiful" At first I didn't think she was talking to me but for sure she was I didn't respond just keep walking. Now obviously she read me loud and clear but the statement sounded sincere and I will take it as a compliment I am obviously not beautiful a 60+ year old cross dresser with 5 o'clock shadow. Not beautiful.
    I would certainly like to thank the woman and I am encouraged by her attitude maybe it is because of all the press we are getting lately but no one seems to care what you look like. Thanks young lady your beautiful too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Love that story and how good it made you feel. You look wonderful.

Sallee, Its always great to get a compliment, especially unsolicited from a stranger.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That was awesome Sallee.

Very nice!
    That would make my day, and even my week or month!

This is great. I have to ask, in hind sight, do you wish you thanked her?

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

It seems the younger people of our times are more accepting of us and possibly she meant your inner self and your being free to be who you are as a person.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

what ever she meant it was nice. Although it did snap me back to reality which is ok it won't keep me in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Aspiring Member

You're beautiful

Sallee, you look great. And there's no need to mention your age... I'm 70 and hope I have a few admiring glances ahead for me from both men and women in the future. I know you'll turn a few more heads yourself.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sallee,

A great story and a great testimony to the acceptance/tolerance of those around us . . . very nice to read.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Beauty takes a lot of forms. She recognized it in you. That's such a nice thing for a young woman to share.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Any pleasant comments are welcome here too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sallee, I'll take compliments anyway that I can get them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sallee, thanks for sharing this. You certainly SHOULD take it as a compliment, and well deserved too. You look lovely.

Ok, nobody asked, but....

I remember several years ago, one of my very first times out as Traci. I was going to a club in downtown-ish Philadelphia, would have to park a few blocks away from the venue and walk. NERVOUS!! On the walk along South Street (west of Broad, not the craziness on South Street east of Broad), I was concentrating on walking in my heels, on sharp lookout for any sneaky pavement irregularities. Passing one of the many business, an on-break employee was out front as I passed. He looked at me and caught my eye. I'm quite sure he clocked me, but he smiled and said, "oh yes!" Sallee, I was floating on air all night, and that's all it took *lol*

These victories are to be savored.

xoxo

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Traci & Sallee thanks for sharing. And yes the current generation is definitely more accepting than past generations. New ideas always take time to get used to.