Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A question for some members that has intrigued me for some time

Banned Read only

A question for some members that has intrigued me for some time

On occasion, some members choose to share photos of themselves in lingerie. I can't really think of a sight more incongruous than a man in lingerie but I am curious as to why these photos are posted. The reason I am caused to ponder this is that the vast majority of us claim to be straight. Not "mostly" straight, just plain old straight. That being the case, what is the goal of such a photo? Lingerie is traditionally something worn by a woman to turn on her man (and ladies, it works).

So for whom is it that these photos are intended? I'm just curious.

I really don't know why I have to see this stuff too it really shows a bad light on us as a group. I get a lot of people with these erection shots in lingerie on FB showing up on my page as People You May Know - request friend..... How come so many folks get pushed my way as possible friends? Is it because I belong to so many Trans groups?
    Those photos are yuk!

Launa
    Last edited by Sandra; 05-03-2015 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Changed wording

Jennifer,
    I understand completely what you are saying, but I have dressed on and off for over 20 years. I hate to say....... I was there at one time, back in my younger days. So I kind of understand in a way.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Lingerie pictures. Yeah, it would seem that they were kinda voyeuristic. I would not like to see them either. That stuff is better to turn each other on for a romantic evening and left in the closet.
    Part Time Girl

I asked that very same question once. If I recall, a lot of people said they wanted to know if they could pull it off, and also it made them feel sexy.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Reine, no man can pull that off. We cross dressers need MORE coverage, not less. Funny.

there's nothing wrong with nudity, and nothing wrong with folks choosing to express themselves as they wish. your argument that lingerie is for attracting males is no different to people saying the same about CD'ers seeking to attract males, and equally specious.

our community is about inclusivity and acceptance, diversity and not judging others as to whether we'd be comfortable in their photos/clothes.

as to why they do it? so many possible motivations, seek to understand by asking openly rather than judgementally.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    I didn't say it was wrong and I did ask a question openly. If you re-read my post, you will see that I wrote lingerie is "traditionally" worn by women to turn on their man. Denying that truth is putting one's head in the sand.

By the way, lingerie is by it's nature provocative and sexual. Cross dressing is not. Calling those two things equal is egregious at best.

Jennifer, maybe the things you and many others here wear (including my SO) are not provocative and sexual, especially for going out. BUT ... there are many Cders who do enjoy putting on these things. Go have a look at some of the image sharing sites like flickr or imgur. Lots of legs showing the tops of thigh-highs, cleavage shots, CDers on beds, etc. And doesn't (or didn't) this site have a sub-section in the private GM section for members to post pics that might have been too racy for the Gallery?

... and even my own SO has a few frilly, short and scant pink things tucked away at the very back of the closet.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Reine, no man can pull that off. We cross dressers need MORE coverage, not less. Funny.
    Funny. I don't remember being told you were in charge of how CDs are supposed to dress. Stop trying to police others' behavior. If you don't like seeing CDs in lingiere or other skimpy clothing...don't look at the pictures?
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Jennifer,

Please forgive me, but I'm a little confused by the tenant of your question... So much of what we do is difficult to comprehend for those to whom it has no allure...

I mean, are short skirts OK, short dresses Ok, make up OK, high heels, stockings, breast forms, perfume... all these intended to make a female attractive to a male... but that's not (necessarily) the reason we wear them. How about a ball gown? What about a wedding dress?

IMHO all are just expressions of femininity and an intrinsic part of what makes us, well us... For some, lingerie may fit into that expression, may be a means they use to fulfil this expressive need. Surely the point at which we personally draw the line is just that, a personal choice. Endeavouring to understand the foibles of others is a fools errand, being judgemental, more than a folly...
    Call me Donna, please

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Jennifer, maybe the things you and many others here wear (including my SO) are not provocative and sexual, especially for going out. BUT ... there are many Cders who do enjoy putting on these things. ..
    I certainly don't question this. The WEARING makes sense, if anything about cross dressing actually makes sense.

To Donna, this covers your reply as well. I don't question nor care than anyone wears whatever they wear. That was not my question.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 05-03-2015 at 12:12 AM.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Oh really? But then again, I'm really only a "man" in a legal sense... And I'm not a CD either.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Khora View Post
    Funny. I don't remember being told you were in charge of how CDs are supposed to dress. Stop trying to police others' behavior. If you don't like seeing CDs in lingiere or other skimpy clothing...don't look at the pictures?
    Nowhere did I suggest I am the police nor did I tell anyone they can or can not wear a, b, or c. My OPINION is just that. Much like yours. My question is still my question.

I'm with Jennifer in that I personally have zero interest in seeing "more" covered by "less" but there clearly is a market for that sort of thing, probably a significant market compared to this relatively tame site.

That said, if given an opportunity, I'd explore my own limits in this kind of presentation...keeping it 100% PG13. This would have zero to do with attracting someone else. Instead, it's be pushing boundaries to see what I can or cannot pull off. To see if it changes my own perception of my own beauty or lack thereof. In other words, I see the allure with strict personal limits even though I have yet to go there.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

For me wearing lingerie is for me to feel more like a woman, not to attract a man.
    Could I pull it off in lingerie ... look 100%, not without SRS and probably a boob job. LOL

Am I straight yes, do I wonder what it would be like to be a woman with a man ... "Yes".

If I was a woman would I want to be with a man, I would be curious "yes".
    But I would probably be at least bi ... because I love kids and would want some.

Banned Read only
    Sara Jessica, as I read your comment, it is a personal thing. As I have already written, I get that. My question for you is, would you then choose to share that "photo" in an open forum type atmosphere?

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Jennifer,

You miss my point... We all post pictures that are unfathomable to those for who have no understanding... We (well I speak for myself but consider it as a generic comment for the majority of the CD population) don't post to attract men whether it be short skirt or lingerie... We post for vanity, we post for external validation, we post for reasons of pure self indulgence. We post to show that we can present a respectable, reasonable, believable, facsimile of a female... (Be it real or fantasy...)
    Last edited by Donnagirl; 05-03-2015 at 12:56 AM.
    Call me Donna, please

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    Jennifer,

Y... We post for vanity, we post for external validation, we post for reasons of pure self indulgence. We post to show that we can present a respectable, reasonable, believable, facsimile of a female....
    A little but for vanity, for me I want to get better and get tips on what I can do to look better.

maybe a fantasy that I ever could pass ... but hopefully a chance I could someday.

If you re-read my post, you will see that I wrote lingerie is "traditionally" worn by women to turn on their man. Denying that truth is putting one's head in the sand.

yes... lingerie is TRADITIONALLY worn by women to turn on men

also men are traditionally attracted to women and women to men

marriage is traditionally between one man and one women

what's your point ???

who the heck cares about what is traditionally said or done (esp. in regards to this!)

because if you're going by the tradition of how a man should dress at all ... well then you wouldn't even be here!

Is this question part of a bigger one? The whole issue of public and private? We are essentially men if you stop us off that is what you will get to look at. To greater or lesser extent we use techniques to disguise that when we dress to appear like women. I look at your avatars and posted pictures with awe at the transformation that some of you can produce and know it is highly unlikely that I would ever be able to produce similar effects, even if that was what I desired. So for me it is not sensible to be on public display. However that does not stop my desire, my greater sense of ease and comfort, physically and emotionally, to dress with clothes and in style, under and over, that mimics how women might dress. It is for me, privately, but to be shared with my wife up to her comfort point. If one can create the effect convincingly then why not show others, if that is your thing. Showing what you can make of yourself in a public sense, getting a sense of personal excitement even, what is intrinsically wrong with that? I am sure women do the same. However if like me credibility would be stretched, maybe better to be less public about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    We (well I speak for myself but consider it as a generic comment for the majority of the CD population) don't post to attract men whether it be short skirt or lingerie... We post for vanity, we post for external validation, we post for reasons of pure self indulgence. We post to show that we can present a respectable, reasonable, believable, facsimile of a female... (Be it real or fantasy...)
    It actually took me a long time to understand this. It drove me crazy in the beginning, seeing my SO post all those pictures that I perceived were meant to attract men. There was nothing wrong with the clothes, my SO was fully dressed, but it was some of the poses, the attitude shining through. There was one professional photo shoot with my SO as a 50s pin-up girl wearing cute PJs (nothing revealing), but it was difficult for me to understand the need to post these for the benefit of other CDers, who do primarily identify as men.

I understand it better now, but I'm also very happy that my SO hasn't taken out her camera in about 3 years.

Jennifer, your earlier comment:
    Do you mean that when a CDer is scantily clad, it is even more difficult to hide the male body, and this defeats the purpose of trying to present as a woman?

To your earlier question about straight CDers posing in things that women wear in order to be appealing to men, one other reason is that there ARE CDers who are male-attracted (are or have been in gay relationships), and there are others who are most definitely attracted to other CDs even though they consider themselves straight. We've all read those posts. Maybe these people base their definitions of someone's sex on what they wear? Because we do have quite a few CDers who refer to themselves as women when they are dressed.
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-03-2015 at 02:19 AM.
    Reine

Lingerie shots aren't my thing either. About 1% manages to pull it off and another 4% is able to make somewhat decent pictures of themselves because they use an unrevealing angle or another trick shot. Then again, some share full outfit pics that aren't particularly pretty either because they wear the wrong size, their physique is very masculine, etc.
    We all set different goals for ourselves. Some are happy with wearing female clothing, some also want to look (semi-)good in it (and yes, that is subjective). The pictures are a reflection of that.

On occasion, some members choose to share photos of themselves in lingerie. I can't really think of a sight more incongruous than a man in lingerie but I am curious as to why these photos are posted. The reason I am caused to ponder this is that the vast majority of us claim to be straight. Not "mostly" straight, just plain old straight. That being the case, what is the goal of such a photo? Lingerie is traditionally something worn by a woman to turn on her man (and ladies, it works).

So for whom is it that these photos are intended? I'm just curious.
    ... Asks the man sharing pictures of himself in silky dresses and wearing fake breasts. Ya "turn on" many women with your boobs, Jen?

Wow.

If you don't understand them, you don't understand you. You might wanna work on that.

For whom are your photos intended?
    Last edited by TinaZ; 05-03-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

My photos are of me trying to look my best as a woman even though I can't pass. I post them on my FB pages. The photos I don't like to see are the ones that show up with the head or face sort of blocked out, laying in a sexy pose with a penis hanging out or a pose with someone wearing a cheap outfit from Suddenly Fem thinking that they look like a Suddenly Fem model showing an arse shot at the camera. I think people put their photos out there to fish for compliments from anywhere in the world as they sure wouldn't get compliments from the majority of folks.