Thread: Just curious if there were any others?

Just curious if there were any others?

My mother did sewing and alterations for extra income. When I was an early teen she would use me as the dress form to do hemming etc. for skirts/dresses that were in my size.

After I started showing a little too much interest in the role I got replaced by a form she got from a resale shop.

But I was just wondering if anyone else had such an experience growing up?

My Mom made me help her sew large items, such as bed items, but never cloths. I can only wish she had used me as a model. Just my luck.....I have two older sisters.

Southern Gurl
    Yes Diedre, I was lucky just like you. My mother did all the sewing for the neighborhood, Often she would make dresses and gowns for her lady friends. I was tall and slim and she used me as a form so she could measure the gowns. Your right, at first I was objectionable, but it was something about it that I loved. One day I think she began to question my helping. As a young boy I just fell in love with the feel of a new dress or gown. Several times I had to put on a bra and shoes to get the bust and length correct. By the time I was 13 I was to tall and the joys soon stopped. I think my mother sensed how much I enjoyed helping, and If one of her friends was to come in, it just made me even more excited. Well it didn't stop for me, afterwards I would sneak around and wear the dresses available. I soon had a stash of nice stuff that was left in her shop. I think we are the lucky ones!!! thanks Mom!

I wasn't so lucky - didn't even have sisters to 'borrow' clothes from. I wasn't able to get my own clothes until I moved out to get to college. Consider yourself fortunate I hope they are happy memories.
    Who do I feel like today?

Platinum Member

It Served Me Well !

Hi Diedre, My mom never used me as a dress form , But she did teach me how to sew during my early teen age years
    both by hand and on the old foot treddle Singer Sewing machine.

That has served me well to this day.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 05-08-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    Yes, my mom used me to model some dresses she made. This was back when I was very young. It was only done when I was under 7 years old. However I do recall wearing petticoats and twirling around while my mother laughed. I think she knew that i loved it too much and ended it well before i reached my teen years. In my early teen years I was more affected by our 9th grade freshmen initiation which included a womanless pageant.

Not until I was eighteen and my housemates needed a mannequin.

Then they discovered it was more exciting to develop my appearance and make me one of the girls.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wasn't lucky enough to act as my mom's dress form, I had three older sisters who were chosen for the honors.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Only once did my mom have me wear a girl's top that she was sewing on. I put it on in front of my uncle and cousin. I was so embarrassed. It was really not that significant, but I was a kid and it crossed the line for being manly. I do not remember whether I took any enjoyment from it.

Clearly remember modeling a dress mom was working on for a cousin who was exactly my size. With all the complaining I did, one would think it was torture but I was just afraid to show how enjoyable it was. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much." Can still feel the hem against my legs.

Been there ...done that.
    When my girlfriend ( now my wife) and I first started to live together she was into dress making in a very big way. So like others, I was used quite frequently as a model. As much as I protested it made no difference. That was before she new that I dressed.
    However, it now appears that she is going back to making dresses and skirts in a big way. With a bit of luck I may even get her to make me two or three halter neck dresses and skirts.

Julie.

Unfortunately no, I was never chosen for that honor.

My mother sewed for many years and made all sorts of things for my 3 sisters. If anything needed fitting I'm sure she used them although I don't recall ever seeing her do that. I'm sure if she had asked me to I would have screamed to high heaven. I didn't want her to figure out I secretly wanted to wear girls clothes.

Yes Rachel, it was the undergarments that put me over the top from complaining. Especially wearing the girdle with nylons to make my feet slide in the slightly small heels easier.

I remember making up excuses to stay dressed like there was something on television I wanted to see and would change when the next commercial came on. After the fitting sessions ended I, too, started sneaking around. But somehow I think mom still knew I dressed.

Aspiring Member
    I was taught to sew from my mother but as far as being used as a dress form no. One of my older sister's used to make her own clothes and she had a dress form one day while I was home alone and indulging in my crossdressing I reshape the dress form to my body. Needless to say that didn't go over well but if she would had made the dress to my body I would paid her for it. She didn't and gave me a lecture to stay out of her things or I would be sorry big time.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    My grandmother loved to sew and she taught me a thing or two....i can remember being young & finding this red plaid material that I made my own mini skirt with..it wasnt the best...but at that young age I was happy to have made my first red plaid mini skirt, i accessorized it with saftey pins to punk it up a bit.
    Alot of my first crossdressing experiences were at my grandmothers house, she had a huge walk in closet FILLED with 3 daughters worth of old clothing, and my moms wigs from beauty school , this became a playroom for me.

My first time dressing was a ballerina costume I found in that closet.

Grandma's makeup mirror was to DIE for too...and was loaded with all these free makeup samples, I spent hours locked in her bathroom playing.

Here is a throwback...who remembers theese ?? I think they are so cool and bring back great memories...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I assume the pattern on the left is a take-off on a Jacqueline Kennedy pattern, especially with the pill box hat.

Yes Diedre. My mother made dresses for herself and my two sisters. Several times I can remember when she would slip one on me or held it up in front of me to check the size. I was about 8 or 9. She stopped when I started showing too much interest in what she was making. I do believe it is why I am the way I am today.

When I about 7-8 sometimes my mother would ask me to fasten her suspenders at the back which I gladly did then about four years later I found her swim suit put on and put a couple of grapefruits in the cups then went and and said to "I look like you now" lol,all she said was yes ok go and take all off. Loking back i think that was the trigger for my interestin cd and now I am able to experience it completely. An ex of mine once said to me when I was naked just out of the shower "you have got a womans body" the only visible indication of this is that I have a high waist and there is a noticable smallness of my waist compared with my hips and chest.When all this is put together it is no wonder I have become a total cd.Also I have also had a keen interest in lingerie and always thought how pretty everything was compared to the day to day boring stuff for the guys.
    Deep down there must be a feminine side of us just waiting to burst forth on the world, there certainly is with me.