Thread: first night out on a town

first night out on a town

So today was my first day out, and it was a lot of fun. None of the crazy thoughts came into fruition, it was just a normal night out and about, stress free... problem free... and just all in all nice and relaxing, no crazy happenings... it was just normal. and that was my goal from the beginning.

I was suprized on how easy it became, yes I was self conscious about my voice, but there was a huge change in my selfconfidence from the time I went through a drive through window a month and a week ago. back then I couldn't even bear to look at the cashier taking my money, I had to have my sister yell her order next to me.

Technically that was my first time out but I count that more as a trial run sort of thing.

but yesterday, I did a lot more than just go through a drive through. Started out the day meeting some family for brunch in drab. after that I had to run and pick up a few things at sally Hansen. then it was back to the hotel(in what I consider my home town) where my sister in law met up with me to put in my hair extensions and give me a bit of a personal make up tutorial focusing on contouring.

I think she did a fantastic job and the extensions are just so much better feeling than a wig. I am so happy that I invested in them. of course when I go back to work next Wednesday I have to take them out for a month. but they should be going right back in next time I get home... provided I can get them back in.

after that I took her and some other family out to dinner(it was a late brunch earlier that took three hours due to ihop being packed with two parties. I only got one odd look from a guy sitting behind me that had been hearing me talk and not seen what I looked like. but other than that, and that happened when we were leaving so he probably didn't notice anything from me just walking by him before.

after that me and a few kin went to marshalls where I picked up two cardigans. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time left after that for any more shopping so it was back to the hotel to change for going out to the Baton in Chicago. I had to fill up before heading up there so my niece sister and I stopped at a gas station, where I topped off and went inside to hit the atm. It was there that I got a really weird look from this guy inside but my sister and niece whom were also dressed real nice got the same off look from the guy when he saw them. So he didn't say anything or do anything negative so i'm takeing it as a meh... whatever...

traffic was pretty good and flowed nicely, and I opted to pay for the valet at the lounge rather than keep driving about.

A little side note, several times earlier I had forgotten that I needed to change the way I climb inside to my truck(I'm a bit irritated that I forgot to install my running board as it would have made climbing in and out a lot easier.) Luckily though I had managed to stop and correct myself when that happened while I was wearing the dress.

the show was entertaining, I had one mixed drink and a bottle of water((two drink minimum) and I missed it but apparently a woman in a bridal party flashed me whil I was watching the show. (kicking myself a bit for that)

then it was pretty much drive back to the hotel where I went up tot he front desk for some extra blankets and pillows.

SO all in all, no regrets, fun times, no stress, and no haters,,, Attached are three photos from sat night. theres more but I forgot my phone in my truck several times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Allison

Sounds like you had a great time and with good people by your side
    Super pleased for you and hope you have many, many more fun nights out...
    The hair looks totally amazing and your eyes just pop in the photos... Beautiful

Kate

Gone to live my life
    Hi Allison and CONGRATS!!! Yey, your first day out and you what a day it was. Sounds like things went well and with the exception of a few odd looks (quite standard BTW when out and about) no real drama. I hear you about getting in an out of vehicles especially with a dress . . . I had to really watch that for few trips out and about but now it is quite automatic when I am in a dress to get in and out in a more lady like fashion. I am glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Great story and great look! Oh, and, great rack :-) So unusual, though, that you're making your debut yet are obviously out to and comfortable with family members. The photo with the photo bomb at Marshall's is priceless! Hugs, Michelle

Wonderful for you, great family acceptance and photos look great. The lady like movements are somewhat hard to remember but after awhile they come natural with each outing, and stares are just one of those things you get used to, I just smile at the idea of what they are thinking and how they feel more uncomfortable than I do. Great first and many more to come I sure.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Wow, that is great,. I'm glad you had a fun time and I think you look beautiful!
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Incredible story, great understanding relatives & how confident you must feel!! So so envious of what you did. You should be very proud of yourself!! Peace, mel

Allison,
    It is great when a night out goes without a hitch.

I sometimes think to myself, what happened?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! Great pics

Miss Allison, girl you look so pretty, i bet that guy could believe how cute you were even with a deep sound, love the dress outfit you look so great, your sister-in-law did a wonderful job making you up, and as others said it helps with nature breast, guys would really known your a woman. It sound like a dream vacation for you, thanks so much for sharing your story and pictures, hugs girl
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Wow you look so pretty! You are so lucky to have a wonderful sister and niece to be with. So enjoy.
    Stephanie

Thanks everyone. It was alot of fun and since things went so well I opted to stay dressed until after I see my therapist. So this morning I checked out of the motel with my niece and started on my 4.5 hr drive home. I rolled through 2 toll booths without them batting a eye.

Stopped and filled up the tank. Order ed some taco bell and then stopped at wallmart for a bit tmrw.

Things continued to go well up until I got to wallmart. My makeup was a bit disheveled from open windows and the log car ride. And I had taken my contact out.

I know that I got more than a few odd looks in the store but I just took off my glasses and let them become a hazy blur. But it didn't really get me down. My niece was just as wrecked looking as me... well she was hung over.

But tmrw is a new day and I'll be pretty fresh when I see my therapist and I am thinking of stopping to pick up some long tank tops

Great story, you have a o wonderful family there. You also look amazing.

GIRLFREN , I believe you have arrived !!!

Banned Read only
    You definitely pass as a woman, like 100%, lucky, lucky you, want to trade places????????

great pic you look fab!!! How the heck did you get that cleavage girl!? Glad you had a great time. The more you go out, the stronger your confidence will be and things will eventual feel normal for you (less anxiety) when going out

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonCS1 View Post
    I was self conscious about my voice
    Honey, after getting a look at that luscious set of you-know-whats, nobody is gonna care about your voice.

Allison, looks like you had a great time. you look pretty good. On the truck running board. I have a dodge ram 4x4 and it has a running board. Good for stepping in. I have long legs and stepping out. I find it was better to swing my legs out and ease myself down missing the running board. Stepping out in tall heels, I'm afraid that I'll catch the running board and trip LOL. So I ease myself down.
    Part Time Girl

Lol... I suppose that I am rather proud of my rack.... The first thing I learned to contour was my chest... I do try to wear alot of tops to bring them on display.

I've just had a rather emotional therapy session and am now sitting outside of a maurices fretting to myself. Trying to come up with a reason to not go in but am coming up short

This will be my first time solo so I know I'm going to have to buy something... ssigh. .. This weekend has done some damage to the old pocketbook

oh and edit,

I have a ram 1500 4x4 too...
    Last edited by AllisonCS1; 05-11-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Ah, My dodge ram is a 2500 4x4 diesel. ten inch rims and large tires. Good truck. It is a lot easier in than out. yet coming out probably looks a lot sexier than going in.
    Part Time Girl

You look Great. keep up the good work. I love maurices!

Nothing like jumping in with both feet ! You look great too

Well due to my work schedule jumping in with both feet is really all I can do.

so far 2 and a half days allison 24 7. I have to change back tmrw unfortunately. But I'll be back in 3 weeks I suppose and that's not too bad.

You look wonderful and it certainly sounds like a great time!!
    Please call me Lisa!

So for about ten minutes I've been feeling bummed out. when I got back from a cookout I noticed several of my extensions were coming loose. through out the day I've been trying to keep them clipped in and had succeded but I was about to take a shower when I noticed that several of them were very loose... ones that I hadn't had to mess with and adjust. I tried to clip them back in but then I noticed even more of them coming loose. so now i'm back to being the more often me... and I just feel really down about it.

I've been on such a high since saterday and now it's over, I had been looking forward to at least another half day. but using a wig just doesn't feel the same to me.

I look back to this weekend and can realized just how good I felt... there were even afew times today that I slipped into a voice that was almost feminine sounding, my walk totally rocked my hips... My hair while not as awesome in the photos below still looked good, and I even managed to use a curling iron for the first time and get not so bad results.

A large part of me just feels that the magic that I was feeling is gone and I really don't want to have to wait 3 plus weeks to experience what I've felt over the last few days again.

I've been so busy feeling so good that I suppose that I wouldn't feel any impact when I had to revert back. but I was wrong and because of that I feel really bummed out.