Thread: first public talk cross-dressed

first public talk cross-dressed

this weekend i spoke to a group of about 30-40 people, wearing my brightest of bright pink dresses :-)
    it went down well, no real problems. seems the younger folk feel there's no real problems for males expressing their fem side!

i also went to the local train station (railroad for americans), very busy, the odd surprised/befuddled look, but no problems :-)

maybe our local world is more accepting than we might realise?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

That is fantastic. I will give talks on my books. I cant do that in femme. Books published are in my male name. My genre is Sci Fi and I have a lot of experience with the paranormal. So on book conferences I get to talk on many different subjects. So you go girl! Nice to see that you do get out and give talks.
    Part Time Girl

Pamela,

Responses from the under 30s is very different from the over 50s.

There is a generation gap for sure.

Glad it went well and those bowler hatted people will stare down their nose at anything.

In the UK my rule is don't make eye contact on the tube or talk to anyone.

They think you are weird or have rabies at the best.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Pamela, good for you. The audience always seems to make a difference. Young people are definitely more accepting, they are taught to be in school, at least most places. Also, we call it a train station as well.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Pamela, I'm glad to hear it went well both for you and probably for the group you spoke to. Can you share who they were or how you came to address them? Were there any questions that surprised you, either because they were unexpectedly brash or extremely insightful? Regardless, carry on!

Sarah
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Not sure I follow Pamela. What did you talk to them about?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would guess it was not a group of conservative religious folk you spoke to.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Good for you. So glad it went well. The younger generation can be so inspiring at times. Now just get out thre and do it all over again...Hugs.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I suspect that your confidence is so palpable that the people you encounter are left wondering if it isn't themselves that are out of place. You'd have been a tremendous hit in the Resistance, you could have done that whole Moulin Rouge thing and got Very Close Indeed to high ranking Party officials.

Am I overdoing the Capitals?

Your local world may indeed be more accepting than most, but actually I think it's because of what you're projecting.

So you can add Projectionist to your already bulging CV
    I used to have a short attention spa

ok so
    1. Nikki - the only projection going on here is due to being commando in a lush skirt! (TMI?)
    2. Kate and Sarah: my talk was actually about the structure of the matrix and how easy it is to change, and yes men getting in touch with their fem side was totally part of it. the audience was mostly semi-stoned hippies / tranced-out dancers I must admit, but hey-ho, age range 8-70+ with all dancing in common.

the only surprise really was that many did not think there were any issues or problems for men to embrace their fem side!

one lady did ask me why i wore dresses, was okay that i didn't know but that as good reasons as any were indeed getting in touch with fem side and cos the clothes are just nicer than men's. she agreed
    Last edited by pamela7; 05-11-2015 at 02:11 PM.
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

Okay, good for you my friend. I kind of get what you were saying.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I'm glad it went well. How did this come about?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

what i do / have invented, interests people, so i get asked to do talks sometimes.

Just to be clear, we Americans know what a 'train station' is.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    Just to be clear, we Americans know what a 'train station' is.
    Yeah, I kind of got that, but really ya kno, "American" is a different language masquerading as English, grammar 'n'all. Why don't you call it a "railroad station" then? Here we say "railway station / train station / the station" then "the tube station" for underground/metro train stops in London.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Pamela,

CONGRATS on getting out there, educating and just being who you need to be.

Hugs

Isha

First of all Pamela, well done for doing anything like this - I think it's all worthy...

Just one curiosity...

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    ... the audience was mostly semi-stoned hippies / tranced-out dancers I must admit, but hey-ho, age range 8-70+ with all dancing in common.

the only surprise really was that many did not think there were any issues or problems for men to embrace their fem side!
    Am I the only one here to think that - given the nature of your audience - this should have been anything but a surprise....? Would have loved to have been a 'fly on the wall'...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Well Katey, even hippies dress tribally male and female quite clearly distinctly. Even if everyone joins in mucking out and putting tents up, and plenty of hippy women seem to be less than impressed with a man in a dress! Surprising?

I write books too. I did think of writing some with a female pen name... But never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    Yeah, I kind of got that, but really ya kno, "American" is a different language masquerading as English, grammar 'n'all. Why don't you call it a "railroad station" then? Here we say "railway station / train station / the station" then "the tube station" for underground/metro train stops in London.
    I think 'train station' is what I would normally call it. We also say 'bus station' and 'gas station' (Garage). Once while I was in England, I was told to go to the "Gar'aj" to get something I needed. They told me where it was. I was walking down the street reading every sign at every business looking for something that might sound like "Gar'aj". Eventually, I saw a gas station down the street. I thought, "They will have what I need, I'll stop looking for this Gar'aj." Then it dawned on me Gar'aj = Garage. I had a good laugh.