Thread: Weirdly specific dream?

Weirdly specific dream?

I'm not sure how to analyze dreams in general but I had a very vivid dream last night about getting dressed in a very particular style of dress, then standing in front of a mirror for a long time, taking it in, almost as if the dream wanted to be remembered.

The dress was a skater-style dress, with a lace-trimmed V neck and straps. It wasn't too revealing (and I don't have much cleavage anyway) but had lace trim down the V and spaghetti straps.

The thing is, I almost never bare my shoulders and never wear anything out that accentuates the bosom. The last dress I bought has sleeves and a demure neckline.

So - wishful thinking, or is there some significance to dreams like this? I was with my ex-wife and we were getting ready to go to a party.

Who knows about dreams, mine get very crazy sometimes. Once I had dressed for several hours that day and had a very close call of getting seen by the Fed-Ex guy as he left a package under the car port. I thought he left it and had left so in my fishnet hose and heels, and my mini, I step out the side door to get the package I look up and see his truck still there.... Oh crap I leave the package and scrambled to the back of the house. He had another package he was getting out of the truck I guess for the next delivery. I'm standing out side as he closes the back doors and walks to the drivers side gets in and drives off. Close call.... Well that night I had this crazy dream of someone chasing me and I couldn't run in my heels. It wasn't the fed ex guy just someone was chasing me. Weird dreams just happen I think our minds rel-live events we wish would come true or experiences we have in life. But as I said in starting this .... Who knows?

Dreams can be weird but I sometimes think they reveal our innermost desires.

Maybe you like the look of the dress, who knows.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I had a very vivid dream myself last night too, I walked into my bedroom and my mom had replaced my bedsheets to pink and covered my chest of drawers with a vase of flowers and some photo frames and other feminine things, I put it down to wanting to discuss my dressing with her but it was a nice one to wake up to all the same.
    Haven't had memorable dreams in some time but any I do remember are usually vivid and relate to crossdressing

Sarah x

First of all, both your "dream" dress and the one you bought are really cute! I love the look of skater skirts

Anyway, I just had my first crossdressing dream this past week, funnily enough. It was a doozy -- for some reason I was getting (cross)dressed up for a date... in the middle of a Walgreen's isle. Go figure

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    It has often been said that dreams basically somehow reflect some issue, fears, desires, etc in our life that needs to be resolved in some fashion in our waking hours.

Often, these issues are only in our subconscious so we may net even be aware of them.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 05-08-2015 at 07:32 PM.

I've had some real strange dreams and have written them down when they were significant. Strangely, a woman in my dreams were always different. Never the same one. I've always wondered about that. You had a pretty good dream there and perhaps if you can remember that dress, you should be able to find it.
    Part Time Girl

Dreams do tend to be based on some sort of desires fears and so forth. Then there are dreams that are totally random. In this case, maybe your subconscious is telling to to expand your wardrobe, starting with that dress.

Dana, I totally do the same thing when I actually remember a dream and it's interesting or something. I usually don't rember dreams when I wake up. Usually when I do rember something, it's all very vague. Remembering dreams is rare for me. Except when I do some light exercise a bit before bed, usually lazy about that though. I had period where I had many dreams involving a crush. Totally wrote those down. I've also had a lot of random women in dreams, always wonder who they were when I woke up.

Far as dressing dreams go, only had a few ( that I remember) All seem to do with fear of talking to my family. Since I live by myself, there not going to find out until I tell them. Still my dreams were of them finding out, particularly my brother.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lexi,

Yeah, dreams can be really odd sometimes and quite lucid other times. I prefer to just enjoy them . . . especially the ones where I can fly .

Hugs

Isha

Recently, two nights ago more specifically I had a dream where I was at a high school reunion and met with some of my old friends while I was fully dressed. It was really nice too because it seemed like the easiest thing to tell them in my dreams that I was a crossdresser and loved it. Too bad I woke up and came back to reality.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    dreams CAN come true xoxo

Still can't find the dress but I'll keep looking!

I think some dreams can be your mind sorting things out but i also think some dreams can have meaning. In my culture dreamtime is a time when a person can access the spirit world and give and recieve messages. Some can be metaphorical and some can be very specific. As far as crossdressing dreams, sometimes i will sleep dressed in lingerie, heels etc and when i do coincidentally I'm always dressed in those dreams.

There are all sorts of theories about dream interpretation. Enjoy whichever one makes you the happiest!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW...

One reoccurring dream that iI used to have goes like this....

I am alone and fully "dressed" .....in walks in some people who I know... always someone different.
    They always act like me wearing female clothes is nothing out of the ordinary and they make no comments about it.
    For a couple of minutes, I am elated but , suddenly, I am panic stricken and and I can not wait to get back into male clothes.

I assume that any physiologist would have much to say about that one .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 05-11-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Lexi,I think that you're now so determined that you will find it. Those are the kind of dreams that you hope don't end.

I just had a dream last night. I noticed that I had pierced earlobes and was thrilled to have had it done. No doubt it was wishful thinking.

So now I've become obsessed with lace. Lace lingerie, lace-trimmed dresses, lace, lace, lace.....