Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We all joined for a reason..what you were looking for..did you find it.... GGs also..

We all joined for a reason..what you were looking for..did you find it.... GGs also..

GGs encouraged to comment too...

when i found this site i was nervous and unsure of what to expect, had beat myself up and didnt really understand the spectrum or the community...
    its been about a year and a half and i feel i have made some true friends albeit virtual ones, (still hoping to meet some face to face someday),
    ive learned so much about what it means to be "me" and part of the community and to represent when i can, hoping that im able to do more in the future, soo im glad i stumbled upon this place as i have found a peacefulness with myself as well as many others as i realize even more that we all have something we believe we need help with..... so i feel i found "it"....
    Last edited by Katey888; 05-14-2015 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Added title comment
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    As an elder I went through years of self loathing about myself. I could never reconcile my desire to wear women's clothing with my sexual identity. I guess I still cannot. I feel great appearing as a woman. I feel equally great attired in men's business attire or my pair of cut off jeans, no socks and a ripped up tee shirt. I reconciled my sexual identity a long time ago. I joined this site because I can freely express how I feel. I cannot do that with my wife and family. God, I wish computers and hence this site was around in the 1960's.

PS: I use to have a blast at the Jersey shore when I was in the army. It was the greatest summer I ever had. With that warm gulf stream my future wife and I would "bob" in the water for hours without getting cold.

Mikell yep we all joined for a reason. I was looking for information as I was confused. This site is full of good information on the whole spectrum and of the SO's that support us. It also helps us with the confusion that we feel daily as we are different than the normal population. It was strange growing up as a boy with a brain that is 50/50, a body that was smaller than all the other males. A dad that called you skinny mini. Yep fun growing up. Yet I became a man and lived that life. Still was confused. Poured myself into work. That helped. yet now when I'm retired and time to think. It came flooding back like a banshee. This site has helped my find the position that I'm in and the resources to the physiological resources here. It is hard enough to be a CD yet even harder on the sexual thoughts that run through my head. I finally found the answers that I spent my entire life looking for.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    i joinwed to be a voice of reason for ts's that choose not to transition. ive been a small voice among the communty for yrs,me and my wife have helped other couples find a place of acceptance. ive helped stopped some who were so into pink fog that they were going to transition til i got them to think about it,one did transition and regretted it,later she told me she should have listened but the pink fog was too great.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I joined because I was interested in interacting more with this community. I actually found the site and joined the same day. No lurking at all. And I must say that the interactions I have had have been quite educational for me about the diversity of our community. Very interesting.

I was just like Nadine, I came an joined the same day a friend here that was on another site turned me on to this place, I also was looking for information about this subject an the other site was more of a hook up deal, Hey Baby Crap, I wanted to KNOW what was wrong with me, Thought I was just a run of the Mill Cross dresser like others here but low an behold I was wrong all the way around. This place is a God send for me.

Same OL story like everyone else, But only thing with me that proves different is that I couldn't do the dress up an be happy and stop. I would dress up an it would never be good enough or I felt like I was in a costume or trying to trick or fool people. I never felt right about presenting female even at home.

But when I made perminent change it was different an felt normal an didn't leave me feeling I was doing something wrong all the time. So there goes the Hair on my head,, Hair off my body, An piece by piece slowly it's all coming together little by little just takes time.
    Crazy how slow change goes kinda un noticed? Atleast for now, I would be happy just to fade away and come back as me one day,,lol,,, I can dream can't I?
    But anyway better be glad for this ol site an thank the folks that built it,, HEY THANKS,, I LOVE YALL !!

I cannot remember who recommended this site to me or why. I joined the first time here. My goal was to find local members with whom to go out. That was my goal after the first time dressed completely with a wig and makeup. I just carried that goal here and hoped that I could reach it soon. It did take a while, but I have met and gone out with several members here and still go out occasionally with that first partner in crime/sidekick from early 2007, WindyCissy. I have stayed here to participate in all the varied and fun conversations from what color are your panties to the more serious topics.

it's only 4 months ago but that feels forever. I joined seeking understanding, perhaps also community, yes i've found it, i've relaxed into my femme side, and i am truly grateful this community exists.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I stumbled across this site while looking for answers about myself. Best thing too ! Now I can't stay away. Loads of info and I don't feel alone in the world now.

Hugs!
    Rachel1225

Gold Member
    Had been away from the community for several years.
    I moved back to Indy and was looking for TG related stuff in real life and the web.
    I think what got me here is doing a search for "transgender forum" and this was the first result.

I am just here for the free food, always have been.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I was running a kiosk business in the mall selling socks and fancy ladies hosiery. I always wore eye makeup since high school days. Since I was in a dimly lit space I emphasized my eyes more and one woman noticed it and called me tell me how she liked it. That it reminded her of her late husband who spent his entire adult life as a closeted transvestite. I hadn't ever heard the word "transvestite" before and started to research it. I didn't think that I was a transvestite but as I researched it I came to this site and another one, which I am also a member of. Low and behold, I am a transvestite and in the company of some of the most open and understanding people of my long life (86 and counting).

Thanks for being here and remain understanding of one another. Together we can overcome some of the miss understandings about style and desire. I wish I could express my faith here but I'll follow the rules. If any of you would like to know about this please PM me.

Rhanda
    Last edited by Rhanda; 05-13-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    This about sums it up for me, too -- nice to converse with kindred spirits here

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel1225 View Post
    I stumbled across this site while looking for answers about myself. Best thing too ! Now I can't stay away. Loads of info and I don't feel alone in the world now.

Hugs!
    Rachel1225

I lurked here for a year or so before joining. I was very nervous about sharing anything about my cross dressing. I was looking for answers and hoping to come to a safe place to share and learn. I think that I have learned a great deal from this site. I have been very impressed with the members that are very comfortable with themselves (and a bit jealous to be honest). I really don't know where to go from here. I am glad in knowing that there are many others that share my love of dressing in the clothes typically worn by women. Thanks to everyone!

I was on the web looking for answers learn how to cope with the seemingly strange role reversal that my wife and I were forced into. I say forced because she was just at home housewife, & I was the go to work breadwinner. the more I google the more I look that is how I found who I truly am in this site that proves that I am NOT alone and there are a lot of great folks who found themselves late in life. I look at this site quite a bit everyday.

Lurked for quite a while before I joined,I knew what it was all about before I joined and it has given me great satisfaction to advise and comment on posts.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I was looking for peers and information. I found friends and revelations!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I had spent a tremendous amount of time on the alt.transgendered newsgroup throughout the nineties, and had slacked off in the early 2000's. I don't really remember how I discovered this forum, probably via google searching for crossdressing attire vendors. After reading for a bit, I realized that there were probably a huge number of guys who had no idea at all why they were doing this, nor what to expect of this in the future. Even worse, was the amount of them who had no idea of what a panacea this is to the vast majority of women. The pink fog was great here in 2008. So I thought I'd post up my own story as an example of what I'd gone through becoming a crossdresser, hoping that it would let others know that it's not just something that you can be born into, that external events throughout our lives can make a tremendous difference in our personalities. As time went on, I got more and more active in the forum, often just trying to offer up the opposite opinions of those who paint the rosy side of this life. I don't really enjoy crushing people's dreams, but I do think it's very important to stay based in reality; mostly because ignoring it can get us killed by people who hate us for no valid reason. Now retired, I have a lot of free time. And this, like several other forums, is my online home.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Mikell,
    I could give you a flippant answer but when I think about my intro it was hardly that ! I was desperate to get some answers and was heading downhill fast ! In some respects I got more than I bargained for, crossdressing didn't have a simple answer , I thought at my age I was going to make a fool of myself but what an eye opener, more members than I expected far older than me still dressing and enjoying it ! This was the first time I'd really thought about it lasting for life, I had to settle my mind, fully come to terms with it, lose the guilt about something I couldn't change and start to enjoy it !
    I now have a clearer understanding of my past but not such a clear picture of the future but at least I've managed to get my family on board and partially accept me to help me through it !
    One other great bonus which I didn't expect was making some very good friends , knowing others that share similar problems and hopefully helping them through it and having some fun in the process. I never dreamed that I would be showing pictures of myself, at one time I would have died rather than do that, the reaction I received has been a great boost to accepting my CDing and gradually coming out into the World !
    THANK YOU doesn't feel enough but it 's said with deep sincerity !

I joined to explore the side myself I couldn't deny but found out that I had no idea where it would take me! Now I'm starting to explore my sensuality and sexuality! I welcome any advice I may get here . It's not easy finding confidants in Corvallis Montana! If you live in the Hamilton/Corvallis area be sure to send me a message! Even if you don't live Here, I LOVE the input I've gotten over the years o on this site. Thank you all for being true to yourselves And sharing So much FANTASTIC SUPPORT AND ADVICE. I LOVE YOU ALL!

This site opened when another long time cd site closed up shop. I joined at that time, Maybe 2005. Can't remember.

Just wanted to express myself and hear the opinion of others. This has worked for me.

Jodi

Two years ago I was really searching for answers on my gender identity. My gender dysphoria had reached a point where I wanted to die, and the psychic that I used to consult just turned a blind eye. She did absolutely nothing to help me, and I ultimately fired her.

I wasn't sure if I was a CD or a TS, so I started doing Google searches on CD vs TS, and the first four results were different CD vs TS threads on this forum. I decided to post my own CD vs TS thread, and thus begun my journey to truly figuring out myself. I ultimately found a therapist, joined a TG support group, and discovered that I'm a TS and started transitioning. I've been full-time as a woman for nearly a year, and I'm 9 months on hormones.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Banned Read only
    I think I had reached a breaking point of sorts. I was completely closeted and driving my wife away slowly. I was headed for divorce and still in the closet or deal with it. In the end, I believe I was looking for a way to come out to my wife. I found it, thanks to Mandy (Amanda22).

Gone to live my life
    I think like most when I realized what was going on in my life I searched the web for answers. I had just come out to my wife and was wondering what to do next . . . I stumbled upon this site by chance . . . logged on . . . introduced myself and a wave for kinship washed over me. It has been over a year and I don't think I would be where I am today without the support I found here.

Hugs

Isha

Crossdressing
    is such a lonely practice for m any of us. The site helps me just by being a place I cantalk about girly things. Have not gained much psychological insight I did not already have and at times have been astonished at some poster's hostility. Still overall the site helps me feel part of something....

About a year ago I was a still a lurker and was still a secret to my wife. Then after all the talk about gay marriage and other things, I realized I had to do something. I saw some great advice from a lot of you, the conditions were right, so I came out to my wife. At the same time I knew I had to join up and get some help to some important questions. Since then I've been through the emotional ringer, but all of you and a great therapist has me more confident, calm and sure of my self than I've been in decades! I don't say it enough, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND LOVE OVER THIS LAST YEAR!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!