Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facial Hair

1. gender identity :
    Bisexual male, occasional Cross-dresser. I have no gender dysphoria. I see myself as male, but I also recognize that I have feminine aspects that I like to express occasionally. When I dress I love being accepted as a female, but I don't think I am one, and I would never fully transition or get SRS. I currently spend one evening a week en-femme. Hope to increase that eventually, but probably never more than 50% of the time.

2. How do you feel about the way facial hair looks on you? Do you like it? Are you ambivalent to it? Do you like growing different shapes of beards/mustaches? Do you like to experiment with different styles of facial hair? Do you hate your facial hair completely?
    I spent most of my adult life sporting a full beard, or at a minimum a goatee beard. Usually kept it neatly trimmed and between one and two inches in length. I liked how it looked and felt. The GG I was married to for 30 years loved the way my beard looked and she hated it on the few rare occasions when I shaved it off. Part of that was because she was 6 years older than me, and without the beard I look a lot younger, and she thought others would accuse her of 'robbing the cradle! About 5 years ago my beard started turning white, and I really began to dislike how it looked, and particularly how old it made me look. But I kept it because my wife liked it. About that time I also started under-dressing, but knew I wouldn't ever try to do a full MtF appearance transition or go out as a girl until I lost the beard, and probably would never cross dress fully as long as my marriage lasted. A year and a half ago, after my wife died, I shaved the beard off, in part to look younger, and in part to allow me to cross dress and not look like 'a dude in a dress'. Now I pretty much hate the beard, because it grows so fast that I have to shave three times per day to keep stubble from appearing.

3. How do you feel about the way facial hair felt physically on you when it grew out?
    Except for when it became white and made me look old, I liked it. If I quit cross dressing and grew it back, I would have to dye it to stand having a beard any more.

4. Have you ever participated or do you like participating in facial hair events such as Movember?
    A long time ago, when I was in high school, I entered a 'beard growing contest'. I wasn't allowed to grow a full beard because of my job, but I grew a 'Ship's Captain' with moustache and mutton chop sideburns, and won an award for 'curliest sideburns.'

5. How do you feel about your five o'clock shadow? Are you able to effectively cover it with makeup when you dress as a woman?
    The only good thing about my beard going white is that I no longer have much five o-clock shadow to deal with - just scratchy stubble that is not very easy to see, even without makeup. If I shave well and use a good foundation, it doesn't show for 3 to 4 hours. I don't need to color correct with a 'beard concealer'.

CDers, genderqueers, gender fluid, or dual gender only

6. Do you alternate between phases of growing out your beard to be a man, and shaving to CD to look like a woman (even if you don't pass)? How do you feel about this?
    No. I remain clean-shaven, and shave 3x per day, so I can keep the option open of presenting as a woman. (Although I only dress about once a week.)
    Last edited by Ceera; 05-15-2015 at 12:59 PM.

At one time I tried to grow a mustache....two years and I looked like I had a dirty lip....I wish those days were back.

I did grow a mouthtee (goatees are what Colo Sanders has...not what men seem to wear now). and I started in December, visited my brother in February (it was just filling in), was told I looked 15 years older....shaved it off that day.

Hate facial hair on me now. Dislike the shadow unkempt look on men that seems popular with hipsters now. Can tolerate a beard on a date but really don't like it. Hate goofy looking mustaches like handelbars, pencil thins and that soul patch drives me to drink. To make it easy, no woman I date will have a beard.

I admit it looks good on some men....emphasis on SOME and it has to be trimmed and cared for. A little salt and pepper looks good too. But those men I tend to not try and date (have failed on that several times)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

1. My gender ID is in flux currently - lets just go with TG
    2. I hate my facial hair with the heat of 1000 suns.
    3. I do like the feel of stubble, though! Its funny and tactile.
    4. Movember? I support everyone doing silly stuff for charity. Its not for me though.
    5. My beard shadow is my hobgoblin. I keep him behind a thick wall of greasepaint.
    6. The longest I have ever gone w/out shaving is 2 days.
    7. No comment.
    The struggle. She is real.

I'm a male, and really like to wear a beard when I'm not dressing (which makes dressing a bit trickier!). Heard of Movember, never got into it, though. I'm not great at makeup, but I think I can cover it ok when I shave.

I am post-op, MTF, started electrolysis early on because it was "just not right" for my identity. Thought I was doing great with makeup but hated constant shaving and now could not be happier.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

Aspiring Member
    1. Please state your gender identity.
    Ambi-gender

2. How do you feel about the way facial hair looks on you? Do you like it? Are you ambivalent to it? Do you like growing different shapes of beards/mustaches? Do you like to experiment with different styles of facial hair? Do you hate your facial hair completely?
    Only time I had any 'significant' facial hair was in the early 80's due to blood thinners and prohibited from shaving. I could care less if I woke up tomorrow and it was gone.

3. Ho do you feel about the way facial hair felt physically on you when it grew out?
    My beard - if you can call it that was very sparse and slow growing. I don't miss it.

4. Have you ever participated or do you like participating in facial hair events such as Movember?
    NO, and never will!

5. How do you feel about your five o'clock shadow? Are you able to effectively cover it with makeup when you dress as a woman?
    It probably takes a day or two to get a 5 o'clock shadow, so I it is not a problem for make-up as I keep my razor sharp and shave daily to maintain a facial-hair free look.

For all questions, if you removed your facial hair through electrolysis or laser, then please answer how you felt about it when you used to have facial hair.

6. Do you alternate between phases of growing out your beard to be a man, and shaving to CD to look like a woman (even if you don't pass)? How do you feel about this?
    No I do not alternate phases. The only look I want is clean-clean shaven and smooth.
    Michele

MTF sorta..

Hated it, glad it's gone. Best money I ever spent.

3. Ho do you feel about the way facial hair felt physically on you when it grew out?

No real feelings except that it took more work to keep it looking good.

My entire life from age 20 through 53 was Movember. When I was 20 I decided to grow a mustache to look more mature. At 53 I decided that I didn't want to look more mature!

Shadow is the reason I did electro. The only way it could be covered was with heavy makeup and I didn't like that look. I'm much happier now that I can use normal GG makeup techniques.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Male, wouldn't want to transition but really enjoy that female side and the clothes.

Started shaving at twelve, thought it was cool. Wore a mustache for my ex for ten years and never liked it. I hate my hair and have done one treatment of laser on my face. It did slow the growth.

Hate feeling stubble. Very thick and wiry. I like to be clean shaven every day, but even after a shave I feel the stubble.

4. Have you ever participated or do you like participating in facial hair events such as Movember? No. Great event, wouldn't do it.

I cannot use foundation to cover it, must shave as it grows fast. Can't wait for the other treatments, no matter how painful. My wife will like it too.

For all questions, if you removed your facial hair through electrolysis or laser, then please answer how you felt about it when you used to have facial hair.
    Happy with first treatment and has slowed the five o'clock shadow. My chest has at least two more treatments and I really love the reduction of hair there. I shave the rest of my bear body too. If I were rich, it would all be treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    This question is open to everyone who is on the MTF spectrum. CDers, TSes, genderqueers, gender fluid, dual gender.

True nature MTF Transgender Woman.
    During "Living in Stealth mode" - CD and gender fluid.

2. How do you feel about the way facial hair looks on you?
    When I had to live in guy mode, I was too feminine to pass as male unless I had a beard.
    Having facial hair was a way to avoid some of the bullying.
    My facial hair was spotty, some spots bare.

Do you like it?
    No, I actually hated it, and wished I could get rid of it forever. Eventually I waxed it off - blood and everything.
    I grew it out to 2 inches long in Saudi Arabia, then when i left, I ripped it off with honey wax. I lost my nerve with the goti.

Are you ambivalent to it?
    No, hated it.

Do you like growing different shapes of beards/mustaches?
    When I grew facial hair I preferred to keep it shaped most of the time. Sometimes just a gotee with sideburns, since that's where most of the "gaps" were.

Do you like to experiment with different styles of facial hair?
    Tried to resist the urge to tear it all out by the roots, but eventually succumbed.
    Often I grew facial hair to please others (wives, girlfriends,...).

Do you hate your facial hair completely?
    Deep down, yes - it was yet another symptom of the testosterone I so hated. I wanted breasts and a great figure, instead I got beard and bass voice.

It itched, it was course and skraggly. Food and beverages would get into it, disgusting.

No

I HATED HATED HATED 5-oclock shadow, especially when I was dressed. I had to use industrial strength stage make-up from Ben Nye, stick or greasepaint, to cover it.
    Often, I would use Nair on my face a day or two before before going out as Debbie.

Eventually, I waxed off the bulk of the hair, and followed that with laser and tweezer plucking until all that was left was light hair that only needed to be shaved every 2-3 days.
    I still don't like the rough feeling even after day one, even though it isn't visible.

During my CD/Fluid period, I did grow out my beard at times to be taken more seriously. Even with the beard I barely passed as a male.
    I did it to please others, and I think some of those people liked it because they knew I couldn't go out in public as Debbie.

MTF TSes only

7. Did you ever have a phase where you actually liked your facial hair?
    Yes, when I was cast in the role of Caiaphas in J.C. Superstar at my college. I grew out my hair long.
    Even then the choreographer had to hang 25lb weights from each wrist and ankle so that I would stop the feminine gestures for the show.
    I had hoped it would also improve my sex life as a heterosexual male, but that didn't work out at all.

If you removed your facial hair through electrolysis or laser, then please answer how you felt about it when you used to have facial hair.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Female, I am MtF TS

Haaaate it! Always have hated it!

Scratchy. I tried to let it grow once, and I was constantly eating it, so not a great idea.

Nope, it is too "masculine". Just thinking of attempting growing the mustache made me feel bad.

Very annoying (until I got my second laser session). I can cover it pretty well. In order: moisturizer, sunscreen, orange lipstick (to hide the blue color), Dermablend concealer (darkest patches, mustache), Dermablend cover creme (bottom half of face), Kar Von D full coverage foundation, blush, powder.

7. Did you ever have a phase where you actually liked your facial hair?
    Never... that is not only true for facial hair, but for the rest of the body. I see it as an error of Mother nature. Seeing it disappear piece by piece (still work in progress) makes me so much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    1. Male identify - CD but believe many of us share something that makes us TG, however slight
    2. Ha ha! Mine is patchy at best - I could manage a goatee and 'tache but virtually nothing grows twixt chin and ear. I don't hate it, but a few days stubble always seems like it has yesterday's breakfast in it...
    3. It was OK, but always felt a little odd having a furry chin (even my stubble is soft)
    4. No - I would have done Movember if I could have grown a decent one - it's a good cause.
    5. Less shadow, more of a dappled shade... I don't think I have any trouble covering what little there is now I have the knack...
    6. I don't think I've ever needed to grow a beard to be a man... I've always felt being clean shaven was the best, professional image for commerce - neat, tidy, clean.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Very much a guy, however I do enjoy dressing up, and the illusion of femininity. For me it is all about trying to look as passable as possible (but I often don't succeed! Ha!).

Well I periodically run with a full beard between dressing sessions and I like it. However, it does start to annoy me after five or six weeks as I cannot help but play with it constantly (THE BEARD!). When I do shave I prefer a little bit of stubble, but obviously when dressed I MUST shave. In fact that is the only time I don't dislike shaving my face smooth.

Not a problem really. I can understand why people dislike it, especially if they have strong gender dysphoria. In fact, I bet it feels horrible to them.

I have participated a couple of times. I don't bother now.

When I am dressed I obviously dislike it as it quickly destroys any illusion. The face is the first thing people are programmed to look at after all. I can just about get away with not having to shave twice a day, but it does require quite heavy foundation/concealer.

Yes I do. Exactly the above. I am totally fine with it, probably because I am totally comfortable in my gender. I totally understand women who are Transgendered really struggling with this, and I feel for them, I really do.
    Sonja Thompson - Part time TV from Lancashire, UK

Male who sometimes likes to dress as a woman

when im in guy mode yeah i do like the way it looks on me and i do normally grow a beard when i have long periods of not dressing.

it felt fine, the secret is if you put conditioner in it, the scratching stops!

no

irritating but i do ok at covering it up.

yes often and i feel fine alternating.