Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To Them

Banned Read only

What Happened To Them

Where are the long time regulars that use to post all the time on here, I would love to mention names but the moderators might object. One probially was the top poster and another received tons of compliments on how great she looked.

I have wondered the same thing. I think some are still lurking around here.

Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Off to see the Wizard maybe?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I remember some of the names and check to see if I just missed a post or two. Nope! They seem to be gone.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    There arte a few missing to be sure
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

While I have only been on the forum for four years, I have noticed a change in those who use to post and those who now post. I can only hope that they have reached some crossdressing nirvana and no longer require the support of other like souls. However, even if that was the case one would hope they would stick around to provide sage advice.

Sometimes life gets in the way, sometimes things just get old.

- Suzie

Aspiring Member
    I could name at least five that I wonder about.
    I think probably there are many other things that come along and eat into the cd computer time.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A few I know of have left on their own.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Not that I have been around here long...but I see a cycle....seems every 3 months you get a fresh crop of gals, while those from 3 months ago drop off only to return a year later after already claiming they are DONE with this CD thing....the regulars here are awesome, ocassionally I see one or two drop off....but like me they probably get bored of all the pantie threads....

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    The ones that come to mind are the lady that coined the term "frequently flying pretty" , " Thou shalt not wear denim jeans " and what became of the comedian who went off to seek her fame & fortune.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some of them might just be reading the posts instead of posting things themselves.

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    I would say Adriana is right there is a cycle of new members joining and senior members fading off somewhere!
    If you look back through the archives the subject matter does tend to repeat itself , you may reply a couple of times and then pass it over ! I guess the more that happens some members appear to drop out !
    Some members I miss, many of us had fun with Ellie from Perth WA, she had great style and a great sense of humour ! Others I'm glad to see go, they come and and rub people's backs up with abrasive comments and then fail to respond when members fire back ! I guess the mods probably have a PM with them suggesting they stop what they're doing or take their abusive keyboard elsewhere !
    I could name some names, I'd get my wrists slapped but most of us know who I mean !
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-18-2015 at 04:18 AM.

only been here since January but i feel the same thing on cycle, for the last month i've felt less urge to post, more at peace with my self and my understanding, i've spoken on most things i need to speak on, visiting less others have often said what i'd have said before i get there.

I feel this is a bit like "high school" or "college", we join as freshers to coin the American term, have our initiations, graduate and move on to experiencing life comfortable in our CD skins/dresses. Speaking of which, welshgirl agrees i need a lot more short skirts, oh dear, how sad, i can feel a shopping experience coming on!!!

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Pamela,
    I partly agree with you but we should help as well as be helped !
    I think it's great that members like Isha still find the time to greet new members, she was the first friend I made here and still value that !

yes, Teresa, I agree and i'm here to do that, and i do, gratitude experienced for all the free support here is a true gift in the ever-so material world we inhabit. If more gratitude were experienced we could move into a world without money, but that's another topic entirely.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Gone to live my life
    Hi Deebra,

It is likely many of the regular posters are still active but doing more reading and posting responses to other threads vice starting their own. As many have said the subject matter of the forum is cyclical with one or two "new takes" on old themes but eventually you get to a point where starting new threads is difficult because you might feel you are just "rinse and repeat". There are others who have left and that may be because they have gone on to other forums, life gets in the way, they may be on a purge or a whole host of potential reasons. Some wander back eventually others do not.

Hugs

Isha

I have noticed the same sort of cycle on other forums. I used to follow a forum dedicated to a specific motorcycle, until I sold mine. Just as with panty threads here, the same threads about aftermarket exhausts and the "need" to rejet carburetors kept popping up. New posters who had just purchased that bike popped up with a question or two, then faded away. I follow a forum about a particular brand of firearms, and the same cycle occurs there. There seems to be a relatively small cadre of "regulars" who keep the forum alive, much like the usually small number of members of any club who do most of the work. I haven't seen the problem here, but sometimes those "regulars" can get pretty nasty to newcomers, which tends to drive them away.

Some forums permit members to close their accounts; others do not. I suspect the software "powering" the forum has some effect there, as it might not allow deleting linked records. Advertising might be involved, too, as ad rates probably depend at least a little on the number of members who might potentially notice the ads.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

I can relate, after a year or two of wandering out away from support and friends, and the crash of my puter along with no internet I found my way back, for how long, who knows
    but is good to touch base every now and then xoxoxox Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Sometimes I get a bit burnt out and tempted to leave as many of the same subjects are addressed over and over again. I mostly stay, however, because of my friends here. Consider that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When you think about it, there can be several reasons to disappear. Some get burned out and lurk for a while, some get involved in other things in their lives. Others think that this is not for them. And then there are those you hope did not hurt themselves. The reasons can be as diverse as we all are. But yes, I do wonder about those I got to know better and why the just left with no word.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Banned Read only
    Just hope they haven't given up sliping on a pair of panties and hooking a bra, can't imagine anyone stopping that.

Having been here a bit longer than many, I have often wondered about the many missing; seems like the most prolific posters and OPs are the ones to go; we have also had our share of "creative writers" here. some of whom have been asked to leave.
    For me, this has been a place to gain knowledge and information about a late-realized idiosyncrasy that required further information and thought; it also became a forum for self expression and a way to work on writing skills that had been under-utilized for years.
    I still don't originate many threads, preferring to comment on others; after you've been here more than a couple of years you start to realize just how few original threads their actually are.
    Another reason that I am still here is that I went through a long period of profound depression after my SO's death 4 years ago, really had little interest in going out of the house and lost touch with friends as sooner or later (mostly sooner) the subject of her death would come up and nobody wants to associate with someone depressed and depressing for very long, no matter how well intentioned they may be. This forum became my only outlet, my friends and fellow members treated my angst with a sympathetic ear and a figurative pat on the shoulder and did not reject what I had to say. I had had a horrible experience with a so-called "therapist" (a psychiatrist no less) and absolutely refuse to visit another for any reason whatsoever. The site provided an ear where I was anonymous but not unknown and could vent to my heart's content and the other members were at least non-judgemental but mostly sympathetic.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Well haven't been a member for very long, but I have seen people post quite often and then seeming disappear. I know that I am guilty of that. I believe there are several things going on and you have all already answered these, and much better then I can, which leads to item one. For me I always feel like the late comer, when I see a tread that interest me, so many of you have already answered them so eloquently and I think I could only add "Ditto". I have also found that I have met some wonderful friends here that I correspond with on a regular basis which keeps me preoccupied. I do, do more lurking theses days as I found this site is comforting to me. I am always here reading post and checking out whats new, this place and you all feel like a family to me. Like others have mentioned though life does sometime get in the way.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

some are still posting - facebook - there own blog or else where, I have found a few and there are still alive and active......................Debra