Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Happened To Them

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I think people do sign up and absolutely go nuts posting for the first while...it's a relief to finally find yourself among like-minded people after a life of denial. After that initial burst, people sometimes feel that they've been "helped" by the forum and its members, in terms of accepting and getting to a better place. And then their activity tends to tail off a little. That's the case with me...I don't stop in here twice a day anymore. But I love dropping in every couple of days and reading about what's going on, and saying hello to friends...

I too miss the long time regulars. Maybe some are a bit like me. I log on most every day, but don't often post (110 posts since Dec 2012). I don't always have something to say, but I still enjoy reading many of the posts (even some of the pantie posts).

I've seen some come back. It seems that one gets burned out on the threads. Also the moderators keep everything pretty bland. So I think that threads are somewhat predictable on what is said. It is good to help the new ones though with important questions. Especially the new GG's that are bewildered. The site is also good to read for many answers that one may have. All in all, I would like too hear from some real old timers on the site.
    Part Time Girl

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Yeah. I suppose it's bad form to mention them by name, but I too wonder what became of some of the ladies I've met here over the last few years. That talented comedian whose warm-hearted and hilarious videos helped smooth me through a few rough patches, I wonder about her often. Also several among us who realized it was much deeper than CD, and appeared to be on the expressway to transitionhood, who just fell off the board (one presumes real life must have taken over). Guess that's just the nature of a community such as ours.

It is wonderful that a place like this even exists. It is a tremendous public service, and a powerfully positive force in the world. Long may you live, crossdressers.com :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Banned Read only
    i was pretty active among forums from 01-03 then we moved and my son had friends dropping in so i went stealth for 12 yrs and we moved to the country and decided it eas time for cheryl again. sometimes life gets in the way and one has to make sacrifices along the way,now that im going to turn 50 and its me and the wife again we finally have some free time,just not the money..lol

While I do not post much, I do try to stop by the forum to see what's going on. I have noticed that since my dressing has slowed down over the last couple months, I have visited here somewhat less then I did before. It may be a matter of losing interest for a little while.

Reality Check
    There could be several reasons for drifting away or suddenly going away. Many of the threads are the same old thing over and over again. "I want to wear panties, how can I tell my wife? What are you wearing right now? How do I tell my wife I've been crossdressing for the last twenty years? Which dress/blouse/shoes look best on me? Where can I buy breast forms and what size should I get?

Some may be in a relationship situation that prevents them from crossdressing or participating in this forum. Some of us may have passed away or gone to a home. Some may have gotten fed up with the arguments or nasty private messages.

And of course some may have just quit crossdressing and moved on to other interests.

After a while it gets hard to think up new things to say. Crossdressing is just getting dressed after all. How many different things can you say about it?

Let's see ... If you were writing a story about a mouse, a dog and a talking parrot who were making a journey across the country on foot, and the dog was a mtf crossdresser, what would you have him wear? (I really don't want to know.)
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 05-18-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Silver Member
    It's bad to mention their names? Like Sauron? Or Betelgeuse?

I don't care. Hutton. Hutton. Hutton. Now she has to show up!

Banned Read only
    Nothing in Life is static, and for us transgender folks, that probably goes double. We grow, we evolve, we come to a richer understanding of the notion of gender.

I guess my path just had to different. In almost 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if less than 20% of my posts were in the first 5 years. For some, it's just not the same journey...

DeeAnn

My needs to post ebb and flow. Driven more by my schedule than anything else.

People come and go. Personally I used to post regularly throughout the end of 2014, and then life got busy and I just have't had time in the recent months. I've been sick with bronchitis, taking time off from work, and resting, so I've been back a bit lately. I am TS, and I go back and forth between posting on the TS and MTF CD forum. Lately there have been some really interesting threads started on the MTF CD side that I have enjoyed participating in, so I've been here more than the TS side. Late last year and early this year I was more on the TS side since I was going through some heavy transition related stuff. I really hope I get better soon, and that when I get better that I'll have time for Cody, work, socializing, AA, church, to run errands, post here, and sleep (and anything else I need or want to do in life
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Sometimes the SO objects to all the "social media" time..

Some of "them" are still around, and can be found in other corners of the Internet. A few have disappeared and left old, outdated websites and blogs. The only constant is change.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

It seems that one gets burned out on the threads. Also the moderators keep everything pretty bland. So I think that threads are somewhat predictable on what is said.
    I think a couple got banned. They don't get a chance to say goodbye.
    And you can only post so much about crossdressing.

I myself, wondered the same thing myself just last night. Personally I have gone from lurker, to participant , to sort of semi-lurker. Primary , due to lack of really anything new to say. There has been a relative lull in the opportunity to venture out. But I still read what's going on.

Cyclic is definitely the word to describe it. I have noticed that the people who have joined the same time that I have , have also backed down there post count. Very strange

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I've seen some come back. It seems that one gets burned out on the threads.
    You've been here for three months? Have you been here before?
    Also the moderators keep everything pretty bland.
    We don't choose the subject matter we just keep it from getting out of control .. You guys are the ones who post the threads (and now may be a VERY good time to review the part about questioning the mods here in the FAQ).
    All in all, I would like too hear from some real old timers on the site.
    How old would that be?

OK kids this comes up every 6 months (which of course the old timers knew). After being on here for awhile you start to see the same questions, the same answers and the same posts about SOs and what clothing you wear. People leave. The FAQs state that you can't close your account, so they just quit posting. Simple enough. Transsexuals often don't want any ties after SRS. Some people find new places to talk. There are a thousand reasons. So why is it an issue?

But you see, there is this thing called a PM and Email. If you REALLY cared about those who no longer post here, you could have gotten their email, of Facebook name, or blog name just by asking, when you friend them or after talking to them for awhile. I am one of the old timers, I guess. I still communicate with many people who were here when I started.

In RE: the GGs that are bewildered. So often they get such negative feedback from the other members, they don't stay. Would you stay if every time you posted, you were barraged by people telling you it is your fault you don't understand?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

People come and go. Similar topics get recycled. So much the same way human history goes.

Still you never know, once in a while, someone would post inspiring thoughts, or share encouraging experience. It is more often not really about new stories (how many variations can it be), but of having a community of people who share something in common. People (even crossdressers) do not like to feel lonely, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rachellegsep View Post
    The ones that come to mind are the lady that coined the term "frequently flying pretty" , " Thou shalt not wear denim jeans " and what became of the comedian who went off to seek her fame & fortune.
    Definitely would love to know where those are and if they are O.K. There is one other who made frequent purchases at White House/Black Market and who did awesome writeups of her adventures.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The moderators do an incredible job of keeping things " normal " around here , and I for one thank you all for that . Talk about a thankless job .

Keeping things private and to ourselves is why many of us find ourselves here in the first place , and while we may open the flood gates upon arrival we may revert to the relative calm of silence. For those who have helped me and are no longer visible ; thank you so much , I hope you are enjoying a wonderful life. For those who were spiteful , inconsiderate and generally made others feel miserable about themselves ; thank you to our wonderful moderators and articulate members for making their voices disappear .
    I don't know why , but I am .

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    It's bad to mention their names? Like Sauron? Or Betelgeuse?

I don't care. Hutton. Hutton. Hutton. Now she has to show up!
    OMG, hide your jeans!!!

To be quite honest deebra, times have been tough. We had to sell off most if not all of the more popular people so we could pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post

To be quite honest deebra, times have been tough. We had to sell off most if not all of the more popular people so we could pay the bills.

Kimberley is still working and flying, Karren is still working and playing hockey and Jessica Who went on to be a comedian. You are not allowed to post leaving threads so they have to just disappear.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

We are not their keepers, if they have the email permission in their profile you can always send them one.

Thread closed.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna