Thread: Why drive when there are some closer

Why drive when there are some closer

A question from a girl the other day stated me thinking. I was at this bar I have been going to in a town like 30 minutes away. I had met Dian before so she knows I stay at a motel with walking distance when I’m there. Her question was why drive when there are bars close to where I live. I don’t go to bars and only found this one by pure luck. The reason I keep going back is the people. It is the town that I grew up in and I know people there (in the town). Sometimes I’m closer to someone than ether one of us is aware of. Misty, the bar manager is tending bar, her, Dian and I are talking. The band is packing up, so the noise level is low enough that you can hear. I have been wanting to tell Misty something that I only recently found out. I work with Misty’s best friend’s brother Mike. Misty’s first question is how did her name come up? Well as Misty knows Mike lived in a town an hour north of me and works out of our other office. He is separated form his wife and has moved back to live with his dad, across town from the bar. He will now be working out of our office. I wanted to know if there was a chance that I would see him at the bar. He said no and told me his sister’s best friend manages it. Mike also told me of a camping trip and towing Misty and the girls on a three person raft. I mentioned this to Misty and she told the story from her perspective, wild ride being dumped out. So weeks ago when Misty wanted to know who I was and if we had any friends in common, there you go. Dian is there with her girlfriend/SO, Misty said some time ago this guy walks in to the bar looks around and asks Misty if this is a gay bar. She said I was there as well as Javier his boyfriend/SO and some others. Misty tells the guy that everyone is welcome in her bar and if he doesn’t like it there are plenty of other bars in town. I think our talk answered Dian’s question it is the people and I don’t think I will find the same thing anywhere else. Although I have started putting together a road trip to my favorite place on earth, don’t tell mama this piano bar on Fremont Street in Vegas. I have two that have said yes and I know this girl that has a new car. I just have to talk to her, but as she loves keroke I know she will say yes. All these new friends I have met at this bar.
    Love Jean

Sounds like you have made friends and are enjoying yourself, Jean!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

This is the only way to avoid known people in area.
    Go away where none knows you and enjoy your freedom.

Yes I have made friends. Wednesday Joanna’s Birthday, I have been personally asked to attend, she is part of the group I hang with so attendance is mandatory. It’s karaoke night so I’ll have to sing a song.

I use to travel and spend the weekend somewhere like Hollywood so I could feel safe from bumping into someone that might know me. I’m a service tech and go to customers houses within about 60 miles of the shop. I meet a lot of people. I may not remember them but they remember me. My ex use to say we can’t go anywhere without someone saying hi. She hated it, as we would stop and talk. It got so she wouldn’t go anywhere with me. I have told my boss and will tell everyone else in time. As a guy I’m called by my last name Lindsey. I met some old friends at the bar and they call me Lindsey. This confuses some because everyone there knows me as Jean. I asked Misty if she thought I should ask everyone to call me Lindsey. She said she liked Jean better and she will still call me Jean.
    Love Jean