Thread: What do you make of this?

What do you make of this?

Last week I was going to our summer cabin to open it up before the rest of the family arrived so I had a few hours to clean up the dead mice and air it out a little. I was driving there fully dressed and was just taking my time, I got behind a tractor trailer and he was going the speed limit so I was happy just driving behind him. As we got further from the city the roads get more hilly so at one point he was going slow and I past him. It was a fast pass because it was a little busy and it was a two lane road so I past pretty fast, as soon as I past him he honked his horn. I thought to myself there was no way he seen inside my car, and even if he did I wasn't wearing anything inappropriate, yes I was wearing a wrap around dress and it was a little unwrapped showing minimum leg, when I drive with my wife I usally like to show a little stocking tops, but I felt as if I was very conservative. When I drove into small towns he would catch up and get beside me but I wouldn't see anything unusual, I was getting further and further and it seemed like he was always a certain distance away. As I got closer it was much more quit and was almost starting to wonder were is he going and I was starting to ask myself more questions. I was now a few miles away and decided to pull into a gas station and let him pass, he did pass and I waited a few more minutes, I started going again and I couldn't believe it he was parked at a park parking lot and soon as I passed he started going again. I now called my wife and asked her for some advice, I told her the situation and the first thing she asked me if I was wearing a wrap around dress with my long legs and stay-ups all out showing, and maybe I teased him. I told her and did admit my wrap around was opened a bit but not showing that much as usual. She told me to relax and its probably my imagination. I had one left before I was close, I decided to go straight and take the first right into a gravel road, I was looking in my mirror and seen he started to make the right and seemed like as soon as he seen the gravel he stopped and backed up and went straight. I ended up taking an alternate route which costed me about 45 minutes longer, and my wife was upset with me for wasting my time like that. WOW! I felt like I was in that movie when I was kid were the guy couldn't lose that truck. What do you guys think of this, has this ever happened to anyone here. Kind of crippy, don't you think?
    Last edited by Maria 60; 05-19-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Interesting experience. I normally would agree with your wife, but this driver seemed pretty determined to get close to you. You went with your gut reaction and I think you did the best thing. I trust myself and so far that has worked out good for me. But shit can happen at anytime even after taking the best precautions. I always try to remind myself to not get too over confident when out. Good thing you had the wife around in phone connection range. Thanks for sharing. These experiences need to be shared too along with all the good ones.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Just think, that a lot of women have to go through this. That's why you have to be aware of everything that is going on around you and be careful.
    Dana Ryan

I would have been scared out of my mind. There's no way to know whether you were in any real danger, but I'm glad you took the possibilities seriously, and found creative ways to make sure you stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    WOW! I felt like I was in that movie when I was kid were the guy couldn't lose that truck.
    Ah yes, DUEL starring Dennis Weaver. Great movie.
    Jon

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    i think you did the right thing, you never know what kind of crazy a person is that would follow someone with a tractor trailer rig!

I'm really glad nothing bad happend. One never knows what could happen.
    Angie

Definitely more than a little weird. You did the right thing Maria IMO.

You definitely made the right call. You never know if they've decided to make another bad sequel to Jeeper's Creeper's and you've been unknowingly cast as the first victim.

Sounds like your girl senses were right on.

In my opinion, you always go with your gut feeling. Sure it was probably all coincidence but you can never be too cautious.

You do have to watch out or the weirdo's, they are everywhere.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think he saw a pretty gal and was seeing where you led him. You did right by avoiding an unpleasant meeting or getting into a situation where you were trapped. Always have an out. Wife would have been calling you if the situation was reversed and you would have been worried about her.

I'd say that going with your instincts on this one might have been a good idea. It is better to be safe than sorry. Glad you are OK.

JoniT, I was thinking of the same movie when reading Maria's post.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    Just think, that a lot of women have to go through this. That's why you have to be aware of everything that is going on around you and be careful.
    So true--women are very vulnerable out there. And so are we--in some ways probably more so than the average GG. Most men don't have the opportunity to understand this in the deep and visceral way that we do. We, like GGs, are caught in a kind of trap: as females, we're expected to look appealing and attractive, and yet the more successful we are at that, the more likely we are to be threatened by unwanted advances.

Truckers can see right into your car when you pass, and checking out the women who pass is a favorite game. Where you got in trouble is "playing tag." That is, stopping, waiting for him to pass, etc. It's a game some women play during long trips. (But usually only when they know they can out-run you.) He saw it as a come-on and reacted accordingly.

Your experience sounds frighteningly like that movie.
    The movie mentioned, "Duel", in which Dennis Weaver gave such a fine performance, was also Steven Spielberg's directoral debut.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I think you best be paying attention.
    There’s nothing more dangerous than to meet up with a guy who thinks you’re a girl only to find out you’re not.
    BIG MISTAKE. And it can turn very ugly in a heartbeat. They think you attacked their manhood or some such nonsense.
    Anyway, take it from one who has been there, STAY SAFE. Do NOT tease.
    I know it sounds nutty, but you got to look after yourself, just as if you were a real woman.
    Most women going out to the woods to open-up a cabin would be wearing jeans.
    Stay safe. And THINK about what you’re doing. You could be putting your wife in danger. You don’t know. And that’s the whole point.