Thread: Update to having toes painted at the pool

Update to having toes painted at the pool

I don't mean to continue posts about the little things in my life here but I thought those that followed the post would want to know. I finally went back to the pool yesterday and I kept my toes painted (purple) while I was there. For me it was a big step in making this feel more normal and the first small step in making me feel less ashamed of it. The morning before I left for work (I work close to the pool), I checked my swim bag for all the stuff I needed and checked my sandals to see if they hid my nails. They're the type that comes across the top of the foot in a solid band rather than the type that fits between the big toe and its neighbor. They didn't really which was good because I wanted to do this. As a swimmer, I was less worried about being shaved as most serious swimmers are pretty well groomed (not to say that I look like a serious swimmer, haha). Anyway, when I got to the locker room to change, I was nervous about taking my socks off. Luckily, there wasn't a lot of others in the locker room so I took a deep breath and proceeded quickly trying to hide them in my sandals that I figured were better than nothing. Apprehensively, I made my way to the shower and did my pre swim shower (required to use the pool) while trying my best to hide my toes. It was pretty stressful to say the least mostly because of my own perception. I just kept thinking to myself, I wanted to do this, this is what I wanted. The shower went without a confrontation and I made my way to the pool. I found an open lane to myself and got my swim cap (Bright Fuchsia) and goggles. I hopped in and did some stretches before I started my workout. I didn't hear any comments or anything coming to the pool or leaving it. I remember when I was resting between laps looking down and seeing the purple on my toes and feeling really happy. I'm sure the other people didn't care but it was a big deal for me. I showered off this time pushing my feet further into my sandals so my toes showed better. I was feeling confident at that point and even put panties (usually the only type of underwear I wear now) on instead of my normal guy undershorts. I felt great coming out of the locker room not only because I made progress with my own acceptance but also because I got back to the pool like I've been meaning to do for a couple of months now. The moral of the story is that most of the perceptions you have about the negativity are likely (but not always) worse in your own head. I think of this a a small step towards my goal of being more out with others. Thanks for reading!

<3

All the little steps add up to larger steps in the long run, I'm happy for you!

Good for you, Ryce! You make a good point about the potential negativity often being worse in your own head. Trying to hide or cover up, being anxious or nervous, seems more likely to draw attention to things than being natural and open. But that means you have to accept it yourself and be comfortable with it. Either that or be able to fake confidence.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ryce,

What a great moment of realization for you. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

It's those little moments, that are no big deal in the grand scheme of things, that are a big deal!

Good for you!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Awesome! Congratulations!

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Red: I mean, really, how often do you look at a man’s shoes?
    The Shawshank Redemption
    I have been to pools and swim holes and no one has ever said anything.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Hey Allaryce!

I know exactly what you mean!! I went to Jacksonville FL last summer and a friend, who I am out with, took me to the beach. I think she was daring me to go. What a wonderful thing to see your own painted toes in the sand! Mine too were purple. Going to a beach bar afterwards was even more intimidating but nobody noticed. We had a great laugh and a huge confidence boost for me as well.

Hugs,
    -E
    Hugs!
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Glad you are back to swimming

Good for you. It was and is usually a non event. I had a mani pedi the other morning. I wore a skirt and thong type sandals to and from my appointment in guy mode. I went for breakfast and then a store for some shopping so attired. Nobody said anything about my skirt or colorful nails, a bright blue on the toes and a brown with sparkles on the fingers.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thanks for a positive story.
    Its all those little moments that add up to who you are.

Thank you all for the support. I know it sounds trivial for a step like this but it was a big move in my own acceptance. This was a first for me because when I've been out dressed, I feel like most wouldn't recognize me so I feel somewhat safe. This time I'm mostly showing male with the exception of my toes. I feel that this was harder for me than being fully dressed up as there was less for me to hide behind when presenting as a female(makeup, hair, etc.). <3

Very good Ryce,
    The little things all turn into a bigger picture.
    Life just becomes easier.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sometimes it's good to stick our toes in the water. Congrats Ryce! Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Congratulations Ryce on sticking your toes into the fraicase, imagined though it was. I went to my doctor with my toes polished ( a pinkish red), trying to remember if he generally had me take my socks off. I also couldn't remember if he usually left the room while I disrobed. Well, I mentioned a sore on my foot, so the socks came off and I had them shining brightly the whole exam, and he was there in the room as I exposed my pink panties, which were exposed the whole time also. My only consolation was that I knew that he knew I crossdressed, as my wife told him when she first found out about it. And guess what? I lived, and he said nothing. I even felt happy to stare down at my pink toes and underwear in front of him. LOL

Glad you gave it a shot and it went well, now wait until someone compliments you on them....talk about a high. Thanks for the update!

When I am in a changing room I am not interested in what others are wearing and with a few exceptions, that is the attitude of everyone else. In the pool, if swimming any stroke besides the back stroke one's toe nails are barely visible. So, don't worry about it. Just go and change and exercise and obey the pool rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Black View Post
    I went to my doctor with my toes polished ( a pinkish red), trying to remember if he generally had me take my socks off. I also couldn't remember if he usually left the room while I disrobed. Well, I mentioned a sore on my foot, so the socks came off and I had them shining brightly the whole exam, and he was there in the room as I exposed my pink panties, which were exposed the whole time also.
    Barbara, I had almost the same exact experience going to the doctor for back pain. I had no idea he was going to ask me to take my socks off and they were bright pink at the time. I did choose to wear guy underwear that day in case I had to take my pants off. I had the same result as you. I was more nervous about the locker room. I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.

That sounds lovely, Ryce! I spent the last couple of weeks (-ish, mostly) with my toes painted pink. I work in an office and wasn't really seeing anyone after work, so nobody had any real chance of seeing them, but it was a little grin when I came home and took off my shoes every evening I can imagine going out in public that way really is quite a "step"! Good job for taking it.