Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel transgender but don't want any operations. Is this a thing?

it makes no differents if you have operations or not ,its how you feel on the inside,for me yes I want breast and be more female,but without the grs,but I still feel more female than male

Obviously you are entitled to dress however you want, feel however you feel and call yourself whatever you want and you do not need anyone from the Internets permission to do so. That being said I can't relate to your experience. I can't imagine being comfortable spending any time at all looking like, feeling like, wanting to be like, or being treated like a guy. So whatever you are is different than whatever I am. I suffered the soul crushing GD that Kaitlin mentioned. I wanted to die because of it. Transition has helped but the relief it has afforded comes with a hefty price tag. If you go through with your plans for hair removal you will have a small taste of what it's like to pay that price.

Silver Member
    There are a lot of people like you, far more than either transsexuals, non-op or not, or others who transition (Michelle and I can agree to disagree here), take hormones, or undergo procedures. Search for "middle path" and you will find references to people who are firmly in the space you describe and who have found ways to integrate their lives.

As Theresa said, the forum structurally splits along TS and CD lines. Those who identify like you are left with the choice of participating in places and in ways that don't always seem to fit very well. The forum isn't your life, however, and you can find plenty of support groups in real life that will be just fine.

Rachel, you fit the transgender profile perfectly. I think many of us feel that same way. we are stuck in this strange condition when we wake up every day. Uh, what am I today. Male or female. Ah, I think I'll just be a girl today. Getting your hair removed will cost you. Yet many people do not have to shave that often and if you have a heavy beard it would be a blessing to remove it. I know, I have a heavy beard. I shave it twice a day if I putting on makeup. So, I understand what you identify as. You are not alone. There are many of us.
    Part Time Girl

Yes Miss RachelsMantra it is a "thing" just like all of us, I /we walk the fine line and to are own beat of the trans drum.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

It took me many decades of asking the question "what am I?" to finally arrive at TS. The answer comes from within and it's hard to pin down to hard facts. I have been 'coming out' to all of my family and friends this last week and it's been going quite well, I tell my mother today. I am planning to petition the courts here in MN next week for name and gender change which is possible without surgery here, gratefully. I came out to my brother 2 days ago and yesterday had a brief talk with him and he said "So if you're not going to have any surgeries then it's all about the clothes isn't it? You could dress without the hormones and be doing the same thing." It's a good question and thought provoking for someone like myself who really doesn't want to carve up my body and gets by just fine tolerating a few double takes now and then. However it's missing the whole point of being TS, and that is, there is a difference between men and women other than clothes. Being a woman means different things to each of us but it's way different from being a cross dresser. The hormones help bring our minds and bodies closer to the place we know inside we should be...all the time, not just occasionally and not just when wearing some panties. For people like me, 62 and beginning transition, the hardest part is uncovering that little girl inside that I spent 50 years covering up and destroying, almost. Being transgender is a being part of a fluid continuum from one extreme to the other but means you are a different beautiful expression of humanity, unique and OK. Try to find peace in what makes you comfortable and worry less about what others do and which category you fit in!