Thread: Outed By Phone Voice

Outed By Phone Voice

Well it happened again the other day. My wife and I are in a somewhat loose DADT relationship. She knows and is tolerant of my dressing, but doesnt really care to see me dressed. We have agreed that she will call when on her way home so I can change before she gets home if I have dressed up as Renee. She was staying with an elderly friend for a couple of days while her family was gone out of town. I didnt dress the first night as I was too tired from work and mowing the yard. We talked on the phone before bed and nothing was said about whether I had dressed or not. The second night I got home early from work and got dressed to do some secretarial work in our home office for my wife's work. I do all of her ordering, inventory, invoices, and book work. Then I did some laundry and cleaned the house a little. About bedtime my wife called and we talked for about a half hour. It was then that she asked what outfit I was wearing. I told her that I was wearing my black and white stripped skirt with my black lace blouse, a shrug, black hose, and my black beaded stilettos. She said nice outfit, and then told me that she knew that I was dressed by my voice. She said that when I am dressed my voice inflections and tone are quite feminine. I said that I didnt realize it, but that I guessed it was because the Renee part of me just comes out when I dress. Then she said that she knew I wasnt dressed the night before because my voice was my regular voice. She has said this before, but I had forgotten. I am sure that I am not the only one that takes on a full feminine persona when I dress. Has anyone ever brought this up to you?

Platinum Member
    I certainly hope so!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    Once I was dressed and out when my sister called my cell phone. I was in the car in a parking lot so didn't hesitate to answer. She does not know anything about Michelle.

She kept saying I sounded "different". By the 3rd or 4th time I figured out why I sounded different.

I now make a point to get back in "guy voice" if I answer the phone while en femme.

Sometimes easier said than done Michelle

My fiancé has said similar to me too. She is very encouraging but I know I still have to work on my voice. It's hard to find that natural spot. :/

Nobody has brought this up with me yet, but I have answered the phone to different family members and even my boss once while dressed as Michelle. Maybe it's women's intuition that your wife could tell? I do know it could be easy to be caught out if you don't watch out swapping from female to male voice.

Never even thought about this. I can definitely see though how this could be happening as we take on a different acting persona. I am going to be more careful about how I sound while under dressing. Would my voice just resonate female every other word.... Ummm interesting. I really think it's your wife knowing you better than anyone else. My wife knows I dress and doesn't mind if she is present or not. She knows that if she will be gone for a few days also for a meeting or visiting her family that the probability of me being dressed to the top will be happening. Women's intuition.

My voice is something I've probably worked on more than anything else over the years. It's really hard to turn it off.

LOL. I don't even know if I have a feminine voice when I'm dressed. It's something I haven't gotten around to doing. I would suspect that I might though because my voice fluctuates from deep to fairly high when I'm talking to my grandchild. I'll have to ask my wife if she's ever noticed it while I was dressed, she's very perceptive about such things.

It was a little over a month ago when for maybe the 3rd time ever, I "fully" dressed, as opposed to only underdressed. I had to get on a conference call (I work from home). Luckily I had the presence of mind to realize beforehand that I had to sound like "me". However, I found myself overcompensating and purposefully lowering my voice and even my posture changed when I had my turn to talk. I was slouched forward, sitting just like a guy, legs apart, voice deeper than usual. When I went back on mute, crossed my legs back like a lady, adjusted my skirt, straightened my back up in the chair and a little devilish smile broke out on my face....oh God, if they only had any idea....