Thread: Finally told my daughter

Thumbs up Finally told my daughter

Just a quick history of my current family.
    Met my wife 14 years ago and married 12 years ago. We both had kids from previous relationships and some point all of our kids have lived with us.

Had to take my daughter to an appointment out of town the other day and figured that was a good time to tell her. Started by saying that I had to tell her something and it was personal and awkward for me. I told her that she needed to know this just in case if she had to clean out our house if for some reason my wife and I died.

She asked did I have a bunch of dead bodies in the basement? Was I the leader of a cult? She put me at ease with her jokes, and I am thankful for that.

When I told her that I enjoyed wearing women's clothing she was not shocked at all. She told me that her step-sibling had told her that several years ago. My wife's child had over heard a conversation between my wife and my mother-in-law about me crossdressing, it was shortly after I had told my wife and she was having some trouble coping with it so she talked to her mom about my crossdressing. My daughter wasn't sure if it was true, because when her step-sibling told my daughter, my wife and her child were fighting. My daughter thought maybe that her step-sibling was making up a story just to get back with me and my wife.

We talked about my crossdressing for maybe 1/2 hour at the most, but it felt great to get it off my chest and talk openly with my daughter about it.

Still haven't told my children. Sure my daughter suspects, she likes the clothes I pick out for her, when we shop.

Gone to live my life
    Hi there,

Glad you had a chance to tell here and she was cool with it. It is always nice when family accepts.

Hugs

Isha

Very nice. Some people around here wonder why some of us tell other people, like loved ones, about our "secret". For me, it's tearing down a wall I have set up between me and them. If I'm not out to them then I am always guarded and not able to be as open to them as I want to be, for the sake of our mutual love for each other.

My wife passed one year ago this May. I became worried that I might become incapacitated and my daughters would start going through my closet and drawers and find my female clothing. I told my older daughter last fall as I knew she would be more accepting of my cross dressing. I finally told my younger daughter a short time ago. She is also accepting but neither wants to talk about it. It felt good to share and get it out in the open. It also was awkward for me to share this with my daughters.

Both my daughter and son have known about and seen me dressed since they were about 5 years of age, they are now 27 and 25. My son can say derogative things about it on occasion, but my daughter was fascinated whenever I dressed. Then when my wife found out she started to poison my daughters mind saying things like, if your friends find out you will end up with no friends and the like. I have since been divorced and the ex-wife move to the UK leaving her kids here in Australia, this has irked my daughter immensely, so now when I dress in front of my kids or buy anything feminine they don't say anything.
    Last edited by Sissy_in_pink; 06-02-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    Sophie Mosley

OP, how old is your daughter?
    My daughter is 17, and I know someday I will tell her, but she's about to be a senior in HS and I think it's rather obnoxious to tell her now when her hormones are raging and she has lots of other teen stresses.
    it's dumb to be racist.
    Can't we just all agree to hate stupid people instead? There are stupid people in all races, creeds, and faiths. It's a veritable rainbow of stupid out there, AND they don't know they are stupid. What could be more fair?

Hi Gail,
    My daughter is 25 with 2 children and a 3rd on it's way.

With some it seems best to get it off your chest.

Glad it went smoothly for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.