Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I realized I am old...

Banned Read only
    CW:

You've got a BAD Attitude; BAD Attitude!!!!

I like that!!!!

DeeAnn

Aspiring Member
    Yup the old gal ain't what she used to be. I had to face up to it. I accept the reality in male mode but en femme it's a whole different mindset. I had to work through it. I will be 50 in July. 20 years flies by in like, 2 seconds it seems. I look at pics from 15 years ago and am like dang it's over. My face is fatter now, not as smooth, couple of wrinkles that were not there before. Hard pill to swallow but it must go down somehow.
    Here is where some will hang up the heels. Even though I can feel the age in male mode, as soon as I dress it seems like 20 years falls away from the feeling of being older yet the mirror is still there.
    Gotta accept it and look at it like fine wine and good whiskey.

Age is not a detriment; it is a bonus and an opportunity. Consider the alternative. By all rights, I should have been dead years ago; so far I have lived longer than my parents, one of my 2 elder sisters and almost all of my early contemporaries and survived a serious heart attack and several other things that should have been the end of me. I've got 15 years on you and am looking forward to many more. I've finally sorted out most of my issues, started an exercise and weight-loss program and am looking forward, not back.
    One of the things that has helped is a fondness for old broads that started at a pretty young age; they seemed to have a certain wisdom tempered with mercy that I found quite attractive, so I have no problem with looking like one.
    Last edited by donnalee; 05-31-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    "I'm not as young as I once was,
    but with any luck, I'm not as old as I'm going to get..."

DeeAnn

Banned Read only
    The only thing sad about older women is when they try to look much younger than they are. The same is true for cross dressers.

Banned Read only
    The alternative to not getting old is worse. I think I'm a decade and a half older than you. Yep, I have the look of my age, male or female. I just try to take care of myself as best as I can. I remember dreading getting kissed on the lips by my paternal grandmother because she needed to shave her upper lip.

Banned Read only
    My Dear, you need Dolly Parton's attitude.

Dolly Parton says to Kathie Lee Gifford

If I see something that's sagging, bagging, dragging, why not nip it, tuck it, pluck it, and suck it?!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Plenty of us over 60 have gone thru that and had our pity party times you are not alone in feeling that.
    Keep this idea in mind many people here have said when in girl mode we look 10 years younger..

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar
    I will be 45 in a few months. Weather permitting, I wear short shorts and miniskirts all the time when out and about. Most who know me personally would guess my age around 10-15+ years younger than I actually am. I don't buy into age appropriate clothing so much. If you can still look good wearing it and it makes you happy, I say go for it. I suppose there will eventually come a day I won't look so good wearing a Hello Kitty v-neck and denim miniskirt, but I vow to go down kicking and screaming! "Age appropriate" is one of those terms I hate along with "acceptance" and "tolerance". It is more of an opinion and we all know what they are like. Lol
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" = Oscar Wilde

Oh heck it is hard getting old. Yesterday my sinus was really hurting. So, went to Yoga. thought that would help with all the blood moving through the body. Wow, on inversions. I could not for the life of it come up in a head stand. My equilibrium seemed off. Then on more topsy turvy stuff. I realized I was very nauseous. Came home and felt horrible. shot my nose with saline and a allergy one. Took about three hours to feel better. I never had that happen in my life. Yoga has always been fairly straight forward for me. But never go if your sinus is messed up. I finally dressed after I felt better.
    Part Time Girl

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketscientist View Post
    I will be 45 in a few months. Weather permitting, I wear short shorts and miniskirts all the time when out and about. Most who know me personally would guess my age around 10-15+ years younger than I actually am. I don't buy into age appropriate clothing so much. If you can still look good wearing it and it makes you happy, I say go for it. I suppose there will eventually come a day I won't look so good wearing a Hello Kitty v-neck and denim miniskirt, but I vow to go down kicking and screaming! "Age appropriate" is one of those terms I hate along with "acceptance" and "tolerance". It is more of an opinion and we all know what they are like. Lol
    I'm with ya!
    If it makes me happy I do it.
    I love wearing short shorts and mini shirts!
    I'm 66
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I'll be 68 in 3 weeks time. I don't have as much experience or talent for dressing fully as many of you do. Based on my wife's comments, my legs are fine for either short or long skirts/dresses. It's my face that poses the biggest challenge. I'll be quite happy if I manage to do an effective, convincing job of looking like a smartly dressed, attractive, 68 year old woman.

Ellie,
    You may have aged, and probably gracefully at that.

You probably blend in more now than you think.

Keep seeing the people that you know and don't lose contact.

That is when they catch up on you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think my house is haunted when i look in the mirror i see an old lady looking back at me

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Girls !, It's more about attitude, I keep thinking that I've earned every wrinkle by living a good() life. So as long as they make filler and sandpaper for the bodywork under my makeup, I'll continue to take photos and enjoy a glance in the Mirror.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I know were your coming from Ellie. I've learned to deal with it. I'm 67 years old. I don't go out any more. I kind of feel silly in my old age. My wife is in total acceptance of Daviolin. She give me total 24/7 dressing time. I love it. We are both retired, and spend all our time together. When we do go out I dress in all feminine clothes but very unisex. At home I can be anything I want to be. From a cutsie teenager, to a sexy old lady. What ever the mood I'm in for the day. My dream came true. This is what I've always wanted in my dressing hobby. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Daviolin
    I am living the dream too and have nothing really to complain about. Its funny you treat dressing as a hobby as this is my take on it also.
    I also go out dressed unisex, usually leggins and a skivvy with ladies flat shoes. My wife sometimes asks me to put better trousers on but only if were going somewhere special.

Ellie

Hi Ellie
    It's so good to know there are other girls out there, on the same page as me. You rock Ellie. We should keep in touch. Would love to chat some time. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    You’re right: keep your face out of the sun.
    And don’t smoke.
    And get thin.
    The more you “pass”, the more fun it is.
    Trust me on this one.