Thread: Trying to get a work from home job

Trying to get a work from home job

My wife and I just had a new baby 3 months ago. I'm trying to get a job where I can work from home so I can be with the baby more and save on childcare. I could also actually dress to go to work. Sounds wonderful I think.

Gwendolyn

Gold Member
    I hope you get what you wish for, It is hard to find a company willing to have you work out of the "Box"
    as it where. There are some companies that let you work say a day or two at home.
    That might be something worth looking in to.
    Rader

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I work from home and its very convenient. How ever when you work from home your out of site and people tend to forget your there. unless you screw something up.
    Working from home 3 days a week is best. That way you have face time in the office and can continue to be in the office loop.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

A lot depends on what you define as a work-from-home job. I took a consulting position a couple of years ago, after a career in retail automotive dealership management. I have to travel, but my office is at my house.

What is your skill set? Freelancers, especially in the tech sector, can often work from home. I have a friend who took his family on a three month "vacation" to Savannah, GA this spring and just setup an office at the AirBNB that he was renting there so he could get his work done.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    Be careful what you wish for.
    I did a little working at home thing when I had an injury a few years back. What I experienced, was that my home became my office. I never felt like I left work, there was always something that could be worked on, and I couldn't escape that feeling of being at work all the time. so unless you can have a separate room reserved for work that you can seal yourself off in when you are working, and more important seal yourself AWAY from when you're not working, be careful of becoming exhausted from the constant feeling of needing to get more work done.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.