Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kill the sick dog, meaning ME

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    As Misty says, the loss of body strength changes the power dynamic in ways you obviously can't imagine. That changes the tactical approach as well.

There's a word to describe trans women who deal with this sort of thing in the way you suggest - statistic. If Josephine follows your suggestion then she might end up in a position where I could be reading her name at the TDOR memorial service in November. Let's not promote this sort of dumbassery, OK?
    Exactly! Women are the smarter specie and have the ability to disarm these cavemen...
    Last edited by Rogina B; 05-31-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Don't know what to say to that behaviour but I hope it doesn't happen again. You have come so far so keep on going and look at it as just a bump in the road. A waste of space he is.

Hope you feel better with all the support on here.

How did you know that he was a Marine? In uniform? If so then you should have seen his name tag and noted it. A letter to his commanding officer will work wonders for his attitude. The Corps does not take kindly to embarrassment and misbehavior, ESPECIALLY in uniform.

Josephine, as far as self defense goes, you did enough to get out of the situation successfully, and that is no small thing.
    1. You were in a public place.
    2. You were minding your own business and not bothering anyone.
    3. You saw that there could be a possible physical threat and acted to avoid it.
    It is not your responsibility to be all things to all people and if people make hurtful comments, it is their problem, not yours.
    You done good, kid.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 06-01-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: We don't discuss that even in jest
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Alright, the nerd and squid in me demand a word each.

First, I would like to say that the best self defense is to recognize the situation and remove yourself from it. That was great on your part Josephine. You are better at self defense than you realize or give yourself credit for.

The nerd says,
    "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." -Yoda-

The squid speaks.

MM, I have to politely correct you on one little point. You called Marines "Jarheads". While I do recognize this as an age old term for our marines. You simply can not call them that any more. The simplest reason for this is that you can put stuff inside of a jar. (Military humor)

Thank you,
    Liz
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

This incident reminds me of what happened several years ago. I was wearing a denim skirt that does not look much different from standard men's shorts. I went up to the driveway of a buddy (male), and he comes out threatening to beat me for being a pervert. I really did not expect that kind of a response. This dude is a retired marine. I yelled at the top of my lungs back to him that if he harmed me I would press charges against him. When I yell at the top of my lungs people can hear me for blocks. As I was leaving a squad car came up to check out what was possibly going down.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Scarlett, In response to going after this guy through marine corps channels, I do not want to go after this guy at all, why look for trouble. I don't want him to have a reason to look for me. He was in uniform, but his name was on the other side anyway, so I could not read it.
    I want to thank everyone for their input in this post, even if I do not agree with all, the thought that you all cared enough to answer makes me very happy. Thank You!!

This scares the heck out of me.
    Every day I tell myself I'm gonna live forever... and guess what! So far it's working. - Me

Some people say forgive and forget. Nah, I don't know. I say forget about forgiving and just accept - Gross Point Blank

My dark thoughts: CutieJulie.blog.comhttp://cutiejulie.blog.com

Banned Read only
    I was a little hasty in my last reply to this thread...sorry I'm a little new to the hormonal imbalance...what I meant to say was "you should have smiled politely and said 'Don't worry, I'm sure someone will shoot you soon enough ☺'"...seriously though I think you did the right thing and avoided the situation...it's not worth it and just remember there are more of us who understand than those of them that don't and our numbers are growing while theirs are falling 😄

Banned Read only
    i agree the best defense is just walking away,but there comes a time when one should not be the one walking away the agressor should be the one walking or limping away....i have a problem with walking away from situations,if someone has a problem with me thats their problem and they can just walk away..what most transphobia people dont realize no all t.g.s are weak,they might look weak but they are not weak..like not all women are weak,they might look it and thats what gets alot of men in trouble..let me ask you if you were in a restaraunt and some alpha male told you to leave would you leave,see the moment you give ground they are going to want it all...i look like a sissy in male and fem mode,but i am far from a sissy for i dont give a inch,and alot of alpha males learned not all sissys are sissys...always remember a good offensive has a good defense..cheryl

Cheryl please. She wasn't physically attacked. She overheard some offensive comments directed at her. Confrontation could have only give south with the OP the on the losing end. For an individual that self identifies as TS and not transitioning in any way shape or form the testosterone oozing through your pores is overwhelming.

Women don't normally pick fights with individuals that are bigger than them. Certainly not for verbal assaults.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Just remember..... He was not living by Abraham Lincoln's rule of thumb and proved Abe right. " it is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt. Good job in keeping yourself safe. Some make think you are weak by leaving, but every good tactician knows when retreat is best.

Sounds like a sick bully to me. The sort that many decades ago would be heading a lynching party in the deep South. Prejudiced, ignorant, stupid; all of the above and more.