Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a dead end to crossdressing?

I'm having fun. I'm happy where I am. It may be I'm enjoying the journey, or it may be I'm at a successful conclusion. For me I can get by without thinking about it so much. I hope you find your happy and peaceful place!!
    Please call me Lisa!

No end in sight for me. My vision is not finite. More like the curvature of the earth. The more I travel along the journey, the more I experience. Always something new to experience. As with any journey you can either adapt and evolve or shrink and wilt. I have chosen and learned to live with a strong feminine side and I believe am a better person for it.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I have to agree with you completely, that is so true.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Here's the answer. But, I can't take credit for it: "Life's a beech and then u die".

If THAT doesn't give u prospective? How about this one? Also, not mine: "In a 100 years, all new people". None of which will know r care anything about the clothes u wore!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I feel that I'm slowly evolving. Until my wife passed last year, I only shared my secret and practice with her at home. I had only experimented a little bit with make-up. Now, I'm a member of this forum and a member of a cross dresser support group. I go to their meetings and activities dressed en femme. I have had several professional make-overs and some make-up lessons. Thanks to this forum, and my mentor, I've become more relaxed and open with my cross dressing. Both daughters now know as do several other people. I recently bought my first outfit at a store dressed as a male but told the S.A. that the outfit was for me and that I wanted to try it on. I feel that I have evolved but will continue to evolve further. I'm enjoying the experience.

I Guess the simple answer for me is YES it is a dead end but aren't a ;ot of things. LIke you said running certainly running is fun for some and competition for others But still fun certainly no monetary gain in fact it cost a lot but it is still fun. Although sometimes more fun than other times. And that is what I don't understand
    Just enjoy and if it isn't fun don't do it. Easier said than done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

When it stops being fun, I'll quit doing it.
    Phoebe

Banned Read only
    I do think it is dead ended. But at the end for a cross dresser, is comfort. I don't pass. I am not TS. And I am now comfortable when out and dressed. By the way, I ride a bike quite a bit. Every ride is an opportunity for a new PR. One should never give up trying.

I think that for some if us it is enough Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I have to say, we each need a little help in “passing”.
    I’m lucky: my wife chooses what looks good on me and checks my makeup.
    We go to the mall and out to eat, where she does the ordering.
    We visit safe places and never had a problem, but we pay attention to our surroundings.
    And going out or just dressing for an evening at home, it’s still just as relaxing as it was 20 years ago.

Very thoughtful discussion, and well said Jennifer. Always an opp for a new PR (fellow cyclist), and lots of them do make you feel good. Getting better at anything is gratifying, and an admirable endeavor. Being good at CDing can be an end, but i think it gets hard, like in running or cycling when you hit limiters...and there are markers in cding to advance (increased femimization)...so stopping short of that when you are on a roll, can certainly feel like an end...

Banned Read only
    a:

If you think about the End Game too much, it can take the shine off of Playing The Game...

DeeAnn

I turned right, and up the "No Through Road" a long time ago and I am still driving forward, so, who knows?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Doc.s post hit a nerve. I used to be a gravedigger, in a very old cemetery, where some old uncharted native Americans were also buried. A few times, when digging new graves, we hit skulls and bones of uncharted buried folks. We reburied them under the new grave. One little item , i found, and it said, "our little darling" on it. These experiences, plus reading the writings on very old grave stones, made me do a lot of meditating. Doc, the saying is true, in 100 yrs, all new people, and none who remember anything of us. We become "unknowns". Sobering. Better enjoy the short time we have, because death will stop every one's crossdressing, or drab dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinmyworldcd View Post
    As shallow as I may sound ..... I think there might be a dead end for some of us .....

I envy you girls that can easily pull off passing as female .....

I don't think I will ever be able to ..... sigh

If I had been born with more girly features ......

I probably would have crossed over ...... long ago
    ^this. I often wonder how many of us simply don't want to make our lives so much more of a hassle when there's really no up side to it. And it wouldn't have taken much. Looking through my high school yearbook, there really were only a few girls who were physically a turn off; average girls were attractive, perhaps not quite as 'hot' as the top 10%, but sexy none the less. I would have been perfectly happy to have been an 'average' girl. But that was never going to happen, certainly not back then. Caitlyn Jenner's proven what can be accomplished with enough time, work and money (money being a very big + in this case).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Its just about how you feel with what you wear. I don't give it much thought anymore. I get up in the morning and put on what I will feel comfortable in at the moment. I dress 100% feminine now. I use a lot of unsex clothing. My wife is totally on board with me. That's what makes it complete comfort. Sometimes I don't bother with certain items of clothing, so I don't wear that today. Maybe tomorrow will be different, and I will dress to the nines. To me clothes is something to cover your body and keep you warm. But sometimes I like to take it to the limit. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    What to do as we age? Not getting by just by youthful looks like the young women? Consider developing some new avenues. I ain't much but I decided to take what I had and work with it.

I started a social group. We take gals OUT enfemme for their first time(s) in a protective "crowd". Then I started a mini convention where we take gals OUT enfemme on the town. We have had bachelorette parties. Gone bar hopping in ball gowns. Shopped enfemme. Gone for a ride in a sports car with the top down, skirts a flailing in the breeze, one hand to hold the hem, one to steer, and one to shift the six speed tranny (pun intended). A new kind of multitasking. With color coordinated scarves to hold our hair out of our faces. Halloween is a great time. I hope to be a bridesmaid some day.

A person who has the wisdom that only comes to someone who has done a dangerous unforgiving job once told me that I am like a charter fishing boat captain. I enjoy orchestrating other people's fun. She hit it RIGHT ON the nail! Or in her case rivet. So if it seems like you have lost the luster, like an old bicycle racer, teach a new kid how to ride a bike.

And I am OLDer than dirt. My face sags, bags, and wrinkles. I look in the mirror and see OLD. I learned how to do a temporary facelift. It looks good from ten feet away. If I don't use deodorant maybe that is as close as they will get. If they approach I can always fart.

I have an old car that is 57 years old. I appreciate it for it's simplicity. It's lack of unnecessary embellishments. It's lack of fad. It has a start button from when the start button was the only way to get the job done. The heater was an OPTION. No radio. You don't need one, the mechanical cacophony is it's own music. No A/C. Live with the temperatures mother nature provides. No windows. No push button top. You have to ASSEMBLE the top. No ABS, no power brakes, a lot of fade and not the stereo kind either. We have 45 years of history together. It is magnificent in it's heritage but probably a way the British got even for the revolution. You had better know how to drive it and you had better know how to maintain it and you had better know how to start it or the results aren't pretty. We in the western cultures appreciate old planes, boats, cars, and motorcycles. And STUFF.

So why doesn't the western culture appreciate the person's history and age like the eastern cultures do?

Older women are beautiful. I am always amazed at how beautiful my wife is and she is almost as old as I am. She is absolutely positively incredibly gorgeous. Some times I just get lost looking at her. An external radiance with an internal source.

Old women are gorgeous too. I always thought that Jessica Tandy was beautiful. Same with many I see. In guy mode, when I see one out and dolled up, I approach and say "I hope you don't mind but I just have to tell you, you are absolutely beautiful today!" But to do it and not seem like a letch, I can only do it for women older than I am. Soon I will have to go to nursing homes to find anyone older than me.

I don't give a rip what people think. I am going to be dead before most of them. So I am going to have fun and help anyone who joins me have fun.

I got a nice email from the manager of a BIG local night club that they know us, like us, and are a lot of fun when we come to their straight establishment. That we are welcome any time.

So what to do? Just enjoy life. I may look like an old woman but I am an old DIVA woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to continue to have:
    SUCH FUN!
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 06-02-2015 at 09:55 AM.

I would never think of it as a "dead end..."

After many years of angst and confusion, finding a happy balance between the masculine and feminine (which have been LOOOONG neglected / suppressed) elements of me has been huge!

We're all different and at various stages of understanding this and have different needs. There is certainly not a one size fits all end game and all of the possible experimentation with makeup, outfits and places to go out experiencing things from the femme side really has limitless possibilities .

Adrienne that sounds spot on for me, it kind of feels like where do you go when you reach a certain point.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Wow, I think you have described where I'm at perfectly. Right now I'm very happy where I'm at, so I'll keep on dressing until I can't. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

last night, walking into the lbrary in a small town, an older, well dressed lady hit the sidewalk the same time i did, and we shared a little small talk. I complimented on how nice she looked. I said i was single, and she said she was widowed. While in the library, i wrote down my name and phone number, and a little, and that i was looking for friendship. As she was leaving, i gave it to her, tried to give my email adrress, but she does not do computers. I kind of doubt she will call me, as what woman would want to through her number out at a stranger? If I see her again there, i may ask if we could meet at the local cafe. She said she was 74, but she is quite well dressed in a dress suit, and attractive. Old does not mean ugly, at all!

I've experienced burn out in the past, but if there is an end to it, I haven't found it yet.

Even during periods of burn out, I know its only temporary. Removing it from my life completely would be like removing an arm, its too much a part of me.
    You are not you, you are me.

Goth boy by day, Goth girl by night.

Cross dressing is an art, like painting. Our bodies are our canvases. If the canvas gets a little rough, then just lay the paint on a little thicker...

This isn't a competition. This isn't a race to see how far you can go. It is part of who you are. It will never go away. Your desire to CD will continue to grow and persist for the rest of your life. Thankfully, most of you won't ever need to transition. But your desire is to express a feminine part of yourself. You are probably male identified, but have a feminine aspect to yourself. Or maybe your identity is somewhere on the spectrum. Maybe 80% male, 20% female. Either way, there's a need to express the feminine side of yourself that will always be there. Desire for expression will always be there. It's just a part of who you are. Accept it. Embrace it. It's a beautiful thing.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

I agree with Renee (post#43) and with Michelle (post#49). No dead ends. I'm on my expressway! I have found a good balance, and enjoy my life.