Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So this might be odd but I enjoyed it very much

Question So this might be odd but I enjoyed it very much

Ok so is this odd?

I am at an event this weekend and camping. There isn't a lot of people actually camping, most are staying outside the venu so there is a lot of empty space and early in the morning there is no one.

I woke up yesterday morning and went to the shower/bathroom house that is the furthest away. I just went to it out of habit from provokes vists to this venu. So yesterday I get to the bathhouse and I am the only one for a half mile or more in every direction and I stop myself and look at the ladies room sign. I then realized I would be more comfortable in the ladies room. It took me less then a second to realize it as well. Plus the no one around thing gave me confidence.

Keep in mind that I am in total guy mode and don't even have any of my feminine clothes or underclothes on or with me.

I just walked right in smiling and did my morning routine and loving it. I did it again this morning without even thinking of it.

I usually dress everyday in some way and when I don't I just don't feel me. So what do you girls think?

1) is using the lady's bathhouse a replacement for dressing
    2) did I make another one of those steps in my gender identity
    Or
    3) does the ladies bathhouse just smell better and is cleaner

I am going for number two.

I hope this wasn't to much of an odd post!

I am going for number two.
    Good one!

Secretary Extraordinaire ShayLeigh Dominique's Avatar
    The answer is "D", All of the above...
    “Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a [master] artist [...] can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone [...] see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. [...] Look at her, [... growing] old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired - but it does to them.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Quote Originally Posted by Heather_Shirly View Post
    Ok so is this odd?
    No kidding
    1) is using the lady's bathhouse a replacement for dressing
    no it's kinda creepy and the poster child for why people want to pass laws against us

2) did I make another one of those steps in my gender identity
    Or
    In reality, this is really strange. You were in full on male mode in a woman's bathroom. If you were caught you would have said "I am trans"? but you had nothing that indicated this. I'm sorry, this was just wrong and thank gawd you didn't get caught and make one of those headlines we see that gives "T"s a bad reputation
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-31-2015 at 12:13 AM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Very odd Heather_Shirly. In guy mode it seems far more about the thrill of being 'naughty'. There is absolutely no reason to be there. When MtF use a ladies' restroom when dressed its is about safety and identification not thrill seeking.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    If you had been dressed, it would have been different, otherwise I would agree with Lorileah.
    Dana Ryan

I am with Lorileah and the other ladies who posted, you have to be careful to use your gender identity as an excuse when in male mode.
    We are representatives of the whole community and you possible could send the wrong message to other who never could understand.
    I suppose it wasn't too bad since you were pretty sure of your surroundings.
    Next time bring a house dress, lingerie, wig and makeup with you...if you can.
    I have a grab-n-go bag all packed at all times, just in case.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

"You go to the restroom that is consistent with which gender you are presented as."

If we wish the society to treat us with respect on our gender presentation and choice of bathroom, we have to hold our end of bargain too. In your case, how would you expect a society to accept a genetically male who lives as a male, and also dresses and presents as male, to go into a female bathroom? There is no defense of what you did.

I have to say that yes the girls rooms always smell better, is cleaner and yes you did that in your gender identity. Yet hey, what ever blows your skirt up. Go for it girl!
    Part Time Girl

I can't imagine that the ladies room smelled better in a bath house on a camp site. :P I'd say you are right in that it's just another small step of feeling more like yourself.

Banned Read only
    I think you made a tremendous mistake and luckily, you were not caught in the act.

You're a a guy. Dressed as a guy. Guys don't use the women's restroom, ever. This has nothing to do with gender identity and everything to do with physical identity.

So let me ask this, how would you feel if a man was using the women's rest room when your daughter was inside? You and she would be quite uncomfortable, right?

I'm with Lorileah and Jennifer. To be blunt, plain stupid.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Searching 4 friends Lilian Sport Lover's Avatar
    There is a new worldwide trend re bathrooms. Now there is only one bathroom (unisex ). This is common in Europe. The only private part is the toilet seat itself. The rest ( wash area, mirrors, couch,...) all shared with both sexes. Sooner or later this is coming to our US conservative society.
    I refuse to do self reflection. What ever I do Randomness will always have the last word.

Heather!! What you did could easily have ended up making you the poster-child of the narrow minded of the world who want to see chromosome proof of sex before any of us are allowed in a woman-designated restroom. I see what you did as a colossally selfish act that could set our cause back years. If a GG woman or GG girl had been in there, or came in there while you were in there, no explaining would have set the matter right. Hell, if I were in there in Rhonda mode and you came in presenting in full guy mode, I'd expect that I was in for a fight for my life and one of us would likely end up incapacitate. What you described would only be considered, and reported, as predatory. Do you get it yet? Don't do stupid!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Heather,

Not to harp on what many others have said but you were very lucky that no women walked in you as it could have gone very bad for you. You could have played the "OOPS my bad, wrong bathroom, tired not sure what I was thinking card" but I doubt many would have believed you. Having said that, I do not doubt you are beginning to explore your gender identity and where you fit in the grander scheme of things but women's bathrooms are a sticking point against us, for many in the Vanilla world. One of the biggest arguments out there is that any "dude dressed as a dude" can simply stroll into a woman's bathroom and claim "I am trans" hence the reason for all the pushback you are receiving here. It is not out of meanness we are doing so but education that entering women specific facilities dressed as a guy does not do our cause any good nor does it put you in a safe position.

By all means explore your gender identity and nobody is saying not to, but please play safe. This could have got you arrested or worse, what would have happened if a couple (male/female) had wandered to this secluded bathhouse and the woman found you in her sanctum and the man decided to go all "Knight in shinning armour" on you? You could have been seriously hurt. Keep growing but do it safely

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    Oh MY Gawd!!!!

This could be considered odd it depends. Did you try the other Facilities? Did the one you use have better water pressure for a shower? Was the floor cleaner than the others? There are many things at play here. After all, nobody was around for a half mile or more in every direction. It is not like he barged in when every stall was taken and women were waiting in line for a shower. Who did it hurt because you used the wrong facilities? Odd.... maybe.

Well i guess i should have rethought that one...

Wont make that mistake again.

To me this seems like one of those occasions where the brain overrides common sense. (Happens a lot as a crossdresser). A bit like sitting at a set of traffic lights and a rev head pulls up next to you. You just have to beat him away from the lights...Though I usually stall the car and make a right idiot of myself.
    Sometimes human nature isnt controlled by logic and we do things we later chastise ourselves for. We usually laugh about it later.
    In this instance it could have been a bit more dramatic, but I wouldnt recommend a repeat performance. It could be a bit more embarrassing than stalling at a red light.

Ellie
    Last edited by Ellie52; 05-31-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Ok so is this odd?

Keep in mind that I am in total guy mode and don't even have any of my feminine clothes or underclothes on or with me.
    I just walked right in smiling and did my morning routine and loving it. I did it again this morning without even thinking of it.
    Odd?
    No, try incredibly stupid and disrespectful!
    It's crap like this, selfish thrill seeking, that has nothing to do with gender identity and everything with why there are laws getting past every day in several states trying to keep "MEN" out of Women's restrooms, because the narrow minded masses, and lawmakers see ALL of us (as in Transwomen too) as nothing more then predatory, thrill seeking MEN in dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by candykowal View Post
    Next time bring a house dress, lingerie, wig and makeup with you...if you can.
    I have a grab-n-go bag all packed at all times, just in case.
    SORRY!
    But being "In full guy mode" and carry a "girl bag" does not give you a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    Yet hey, what ever blows your skirt up. Go for it girl!
    You Go Girl! Really Dana? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    It is not like he barged in when every stall was taken and women were waiting in line for a shower. Who did it hurt because you used the wrong facilities? Odd.... maybe.
    It doesn't matter! What if some woman or girl thought the same thing and thought she was getting a bit of privacy and walked in to see a Man where he clearly did NOT belong!

If you want to go out dressed, fine.
    You want to use the ladies room, while dressed, fine.
    But stuff like is just utter BS! Sorry!
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Banned Read only
    First of all, Ms. Sammy, if you are going to quote me to make a point, do not take my words out of context. I said, "After all, nobody was around for a half mile or more in every direction. It is not like he barged in when every stall was taken and women were waiting in line for a shower." No one was around! It was the furthest Facility away! It was early in the morning! The likelihood of a woman or girl walking into that particular bathroom is about 0%. The average person would go to the closest one.

I can agree with a small part of your post. If it were a young girl, there could be some problems there. Again, the average person would go to the closest bathroom.

Heather_Shirly got a shower in a peaceful and comfortable environment, no one was embarrassed or surprised, no one got hurt or upset. Hopefully, she knows better than to do this in a crowed town situation.
    Last edited by Jorja; 05-31-2015 at 10:35 AM.

I can attest personally to that one. men's showers usually have an abhorrent stink to them unless you get there first thing after they are cleaned. I think it's simply because of all the sweat filled with pheromones splashed all over the place. So a woman's area will have the scent of them, even if you can't notice it, just makes it feel more comfortable.

However. Public places such as common bath houses are reserved to each sex. If a woman sees you going in, it would make her uneasy about going there herself. It's not the same as using a toilet stall. So please stay to the men's side unless you have had SRS. It's only fair.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have to say this was stupid in the extreme.

You could have harmed the reputation of this community. We have a difficult enough time without someone doing this no matter the reason.

No one for half a mile in any direction does not impress me one little bit. If you go in take a shower and dry yourself this gives anyone enough time to stop outside and then decide to use or even just look to see clean the facilities are. Then you have one heap of trouble.

You have to present as a female if your going to do this again.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    With all the stupid crap that happens within this community around the world, I doubt very much if Heather_Shirly's taking a shower in a deserted bathhouse is going to matter much.

I'm in full agreement with Lorileah and most of the others.

Hell's bells, if I walked into the ladies shower room and found you there I would have raised a ruckus!

And, if you had been caught, not only would you face possible expulsion from the group you were with but you could end up spending the rest of your life on the "sex offender" list.

Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think enuff folks have blasted Heather. Not that I think going into women's rest rooms in drab to be proper. Maybe u got a thrill from using the ladies room?
    Personally, I only care about their function.

However, I do use them in drab all the time in fast food restaurants that have one hole men's and women's rest rooms. If the man's is locked and the ladies isn't and no one's waiting? I jump rite in for #1 or to wash my hands. If some lady is waiting when I unlock and come out they don't seem to bat an eye.

But, for going #2 or a 2 or more hole ladies rest room in drab? NOT A CHANCE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!