Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As a CD, Can you have too many female clothes?

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Well Ellie, I know you are the girl with the knowledge. Time to break out the tools and build the ultimate closet. Best is to lay it all out, try it all on and see which outfits are your favorite. See which you wear most often, then determine what to keep and what to donate. Keep your favorites close at hand and your more memorable ones can be packed away in totes for special times.
    I myself wear more things daily now than I used to, so I just traded it out for my male cloths and that took care of space issues.
    Erica

My answer: "I don't think so."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've got a Good Will bag that I place any items that fall into one of the following categories.

1. Yuck!
    2. Why did I ever buy that?
    3. Oh, you've got to be kidding!
    4. Saving it for when I go anorexic.
    5. Maybe when I was 18, but now?
    6. Hmmm, forgot I had this. Wonder when I bought it?
    7. Makes my boobs look flat and my tummy really fat.
    8. Gee, I like this, but there's a layer of dust an inch thick on it.
    9. Where would I ever wear this?
    10. You know, I'm never going to find the right top (bottom) for this.
    11. Wow! I must have been really fat when I bought this!

When the bag gets full, off it goes.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Grace 7777 is right on the mark!

Well written.

The short answer is yes, it is entirely possible to have too many clothes and shoes.

Whether or not you need help is up to you. Have you hit bottom with it yet? If you and your wife are of the same mind, it seems unlikely that you will. By this I mean that issues come to the fore more frequently when one partner is a shopper/hoarder, the other isn't and resents their partner's obsession. But if you both like to shop? Then enjoy!

Personally I think that lives are much freer overall when there isn't so much stuff weighing us down like anchors. My SO and I cannot find a home with closets large enough. So we stay in a house that is inadequate for our needs.
    Reine

Hi Ellie again. Just posted on you other thread, about getting old. Your life sounds like mine. My wife and I go shopping together all the time. We love it. We can even share a lot of our stuff, minus the shoes of course. We are always complaining about the volume of clothes we have accumulated. We hang on to a lot of old stuff because someday it will be vintage. I love Vintage dressing. Now to answer your questions.
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Yes, Me, but I live to far away.
    Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    The short answer is yes, it is entirely possible to have too many clothes and shoes.

Whether or not you need help is up to you. Have you hit bottom with it yet? If you and your wife are of the same mind, it seems unlikely that you will. By this I mean that issues come to the fore more frequently when one partner is a shopper/hoarder, the other isn't and resents their partner's obsession. But if you both like to shop? Then enjoy!

Personally I think that lives are much freer overall when there isn't so much stuff weighing us down like anchors. My SO and I cannot find a home with closets large enough. So we stay in a house that is inadequate for our needs.
    We both love to shop - more importantly we love to shop together. We have recently gone through our things and have a nice pile for the Salvation army.
    Most of the things we are getting rid of are quite boring and we shouldnt have bought in the first place. Or we have too many copies of the same things - like black skirts....

Vintage stuff though - It aint going anywhere. Ive a nice Laura Ashley dress that I think is from the 70's and I am keeping that baby.

Ellie

Banned Read only
    Well, if when you back you car out of the garage and the void fills back in with clothes much like after Moses parted the waters and then they rushed back, you've probably got a piece or 2 too many...

DeeAnn

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Too many? Wat does too many mean?

I live alone in a three bedroom house. One bedroom is pretty much devoted to CD and some other... Interests. Plenty of room.

The short answer is no. You can't ever have enough clothes and shoes (only high heels for me). My wife buys me clothes too. I never throw anything away. NEVER.

As a matter of fact, you don't have enough. Buy more!

Love,
    Lexi V.

Aspiring Member
    Until recently I would have agreed that you cannot have too many clothes but over the last year they have been taking over my house and I have reached my limits. Even though I have got rid of a lot of older/too tight/damaged stuff I still have:

730 dresses
    960 skirts
    521 blouses
    132 jerseys
    156 cardigans
    153 jackets
    539 other tops
    24 coats
    shoes not counted but around 300 pairs

I have three large wardrobes full, the surplus is in my loft, but three rooms also have lots of clothes lying or hanging everywhere after washing and it is getting too much - the wardrobes are crammed so that my lovely outfits are crushed. I can afford all this but I really have decided to cut down on buying - and over the last couple of months I have not gone out dressed and have not bought ANYTHING. But I need to do some serious organisation at home.

Banned Read only
    Yes, because I have an entire 125 cubic foot storage full of clothing , heels,sandals,shoes, makeup and accessories.

I have more heels and sandals then anyone I can think of right now.