Thread: Huge step! 120 days to go. Scared

Huge step! 120 days to go. Scared

Ok....deeeeeeep breath. Three minutes ago I booked registration and hotel for SCC 2015! Some background...

It's been 46 days since I realized I'm a CD. It's been 44 days since I came out to my wife. I've (for me) "fully" dressed about 5 times. In one-hundred and twenty days, seventeen hours, twelve minutes and sixteen seconds I will be IN my room, hand on the doorknob, trying to desperately not have a heart attack and hopefully, I'll open it.

Ermagurd!!!!!!

My timer has been set. I'll be out.

Deep breath.....keep calm..... OMG!!!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    good luck on your first time out. Conferences are the best and safest place to go, you will be fine, in good company, and have a great time good luck xoxo

Banned Read only
    I know it's easy for me to write this, but it is true. It's all in your head. Any barriers to going out are not in the outdoors. At SCC, you'll be among friends. Have fun.

Going to SCC is one of my bucket list items in addition to just getting out of the closet. But currently it's not in the cards.
    I'm sure you've read their website, and they have mentors to help you not stay frozen in your hotel room.

Friends of mine have gone, and they tell me that first-time girls are taken out for a day spa kind of thing, getting nails done and what not. (Princess Day?) It sounds wonderful!

If I were you, I would start searching for sisters online who are going and are interested in being a mentor (big sis).
    Obviously, I'm not ready to go but I already have a number of girls (who I consider true sisters) who I will be leaning on heavily for advice and support when I finally get to go.

This site is a good place to start. But I also recommend going to urnotalone.com, and get into the chat room there and start chatting up some girls there.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 05-31-2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: no need to quote op
    it's dumb to be racist.
    Can't we just all agree to hate stupid people instead? There are stupid people in all races, creeds, and faiths. It's a veritable rainbow of stupid out there, AND they don't know they are stupid. What could be more fair?

Can someone clue me in on what SCC is? Tried doing a google search but I'm only coming up with non-CD related things.

It is in Ft Lauderdale [sort of] ..Where I live[sort of]...I will be happy to teach a "RLE" mini course!! I love to get girls out and about... Ro

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Thanks Jennifer!

best of luck, hope to be there at some point too

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Massive thanks to Frank Herbert, it's guided my life for so long.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Kim, keep kalm!!!!!

When the time comes all the butterflies will be gone and excitement and expectation will set in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You've taken the first steps into what will likely become a fabulous adventure. Lots of challenges ahead, so prepare to overcome them, stay determined, and enjoy.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Last years SCC was my first time out in public en femme. Once I got there
    it was surprisingly easy. I had a lot of fun. If I can swing someone to work for
    me, I plan on going again this year. Maybe I will see you there
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Banned Read only
    how was the conference?

did you go out fully dressed and enjoy yourself?