Thread: Waist reduction, am I going too far?

Question Waist reduction, am I going too far?

Hi, I have been crossdressing for many years and love even moment of it. Since living on my own, I have had more freedom to walk around at home as Suzanne. I had always wanted to wear a corset and it was an item I purchased not long after my divorce. I haven't used it a lot, probably three times a month, because I feel restricted in it and that is not why I crossdress. I like crossdressing to feel the soft feminine clothes against my body, it relaxes me. I found that the corset whilst looking great, didn't have the soft, sexy, gentle feel I like. However, I do like the way I look in the corset. Having worn one on and off for over four years, I now can tight-lace it very well. Obviously there is no way a male body can actually have an hour glass figure without help. When worn, the corset produces a lovely hour glass figure. What I didn't expect from tight lacing is an actual waist reduction. Whilst not visible without the corset on, I have discovered that wearing a tight wide elastic belt, I can get a nice small waist that with the use of a bodyshaper undergarment, I get a very nice shapely figure and it feels unrestricted too. I love the way I look and have now been able to wear tight summer dresses and look great.

Am I taking my crossdressing too far? I have never felt like I want to be a woman, I like being a man. But is my enjoyment of crossdressing, trying to look more and more feminine, narrow waist, wigs, make-up, shaved legs, taking my enjoyment too far?
    Wearing female clothes at home both relaxes me and makes me feel good - realising my feminine side makes me a better man

The simple answer is no if for no other reason than women's clothing is made to fit a more curvy body shape. Hence being more curvacious means dresses, skirts, tops, all will fit better and hence look better on you. As you yourself point out, "I love the way I look and have now been able to wear tight summer dresses and look great.". So a double win, looking good and feel good. What's wrong in that?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Suzann,
    There are stories of waist training in the net, many dating back to Victorian times, if it's done continually whether you're a male or female you will retain the shape , over time the internal organs displace themselves and the muscles will take on the shape, OK don't do it to the point of causing internal injury .
    Before I lost weight some of my wife's skirts were an extremely tight fit, as I kept squeezing into them my waist size reduced to accommodate them , now I've lost weight it's not so much of a problem but my waist has stayed the same shape at about 31", overall I'm happy to be 37"-31"-37" !

Quote Originally Posted by Suzann3 View Post
    Am I taking my crossdressing too far? I have never felt like I want to be a woman, I like being a man. But is my enjoyment of crossdressing, trying to look more and more feminine, narrow waist, wigs, make-up, shaved legs, taking my enjoyment too far?
    IMHO, I wouldn't say so. Isn't this what crossdressing is all about, for most of us?

Aspiring Member
    Go as far as you feel comfortable as long as you're not hurting yourself. I have worn corsets for quite a few years. At first they can be uncomfortable and don't have a feminine feel but over time I've gotten used to it where it becomes second nature. I suppose I've trained my waist to accept them over a lot of years. I too like to create an hourglass figure to have some belted dresses fit really nice. Women have broader hips of course and even if I don't wear one, I find my skirts hang on my hips in a feminine way because my waist is somewhat smaller now. My butt is wider than my waist now. A skirt fits like it should as on a woman. Men usually have a straight waist to butt torso. Just my experience.

Cheryl

Banned Read only
    One of the reason I select my attire is for the feel of the clothing against my body. I love the feel of nylon. Trying on my mother's nylon full slips as a kid was a thrill. And, as an adult I still love them. I love them to the extent of having over four hundred in my collection...compulsive disorder??? Anyway, I've looked around and I've noticed obesity or just plain overweight is so prevalent in society, that trying to get my waist down to Barbie size is unnecessary. It is also futile. Yes once upon a time, many many years ago I was a 38Tall-30 inch waist. Now? I'm a 42 Tall with a 38 inch waist. If I were to where a corset my skin which is yearning to be encased in soft nylon would be disappointed. I love wearing nylon full slips that caress my torso, front and back, and cascade over my nylon pantied butt. So, to feel the free flowing nylon I choose to wear empire waist, sheath and wrap dresses. As a woman in her sixties an hour glass figure is not imperative.

No, you're not taking cross dressing too far. Since you know you are a male, and not a GG, you can emulate any style you want.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Many of us wear corsets. And, some tite lace them commonly. I was one who wore corsets every time I dressed for over 10 years. Nothing creates a fem shape like real steel boned corsets! I went from a natural 31" waist to as little as a 25" using corsets. I believe a 4" to 6" reduction is normal?

However, I have apparently caused some damage or irritation to nerves from tite lacing. So, I rarely wear them anymore.

U haven't mentioned how much waist reduction u acheive with your corsets. So, there's no way to tell if , "You've gone too far", Suzann.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    It's one thing to wear whatever feels good to wear. Being completely shaved, using body wash when I shower, and a good coating of Nivea, my clothes feel great against my skin. But I also like the "encasement" to wear a corset and have progressively laced them to get the final figure I want. It wasn't easy at first and took a lot of years but my first corset was finally laced all the way. Then I went to a smaller size and tighter lacing. It has defenitely made my figure more feminine and my clothes fit a lot better. My shape has definitely become more feminine and having gyno my boobs are definitely bigger now partly due to the corsets. It's nice to have the help of my wife to lace them. I also like wearing wide strap bras with 3 or 4 back hooks because they do make me feel more feminine and I like the snug feeling. Besides, they hold the girls quite well.

Cheryl

How far you take this is up to you. It's all personal choice. If it weren't we'd all look the same wouldn't we??
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Wear a corset that reduces your waist to a practical size whilst being comfortable.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's one of those paradoxes - both for GGs and for crossdressers - that the light, soft, floaty fabrics of women's clothes often conceal a rather hard, firm body underneath. To get a reasonable figure I have to wear a very firm high waisted girdle and a long-line bra. In a dress, my hands brush over the light fabric of the skirt and I sense the movement of the material over my legs as I walk, yet if I run my hands over my waist and hips I feel a very solid body underneath. That's exactly what I remember feeling way back in my teenage years when I put my arm around a girl wearing a lovely floral dress only to feel the hard elastic and panelling of her foundations beneath. Of course, those girls sometimes enjoyed the freedom of going without their belts and girdles in the summer and their bodies felt soft and lithe - and I know how pleasant it feels sometimes to enjoy that same free feeling - but for them then and for many of us now, our wish to present the best possible shape demands that we accept the paradox of the firm foundations.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughtful and kind replies. As some of you mention, it is the feel of the soft feminine clothing against the body that is enjoyable. Wearing a tight laced corset is restrictive and prevents that feel. Whilst the image portrayed is of me having a very curvaceous feminine body is lovely to see, I do not feel at all relaxed. I have done tight lacing now for three years, primarily because it does reduce my waist. And as some have mentioned, I am aware of the risks of tight lacing. I manage a waist reduction of five inches from 38" to 33" which I feel is not too much.

My main question was really am I taking crossdressing to far? And I have taken note of what has been said here, I know I have no desire to be a woman and love being male. So following on from that, knowing that I also do not wish to 'go out' as Suzanne, I have nothing to fear. I could not help thinking that maybe there was an underlying desire to be female, but reading your replies and thinking how I feel I know I have no worries.

Thank you everyone. I was told you are lovely people on here, Suzanne x
    Wearing female clothes at home both relaxes me and makes me feel good - realising my feminine side makes me a better man