Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something Caitlyn Jenner said

pretty amazing how many of us had this thought..

to me at the point of transition i felt it was a battle for my survival...that's how deep it went..and those words just sit in my mind..

when i give speeches and talks to the colleges and churches i've visited, i use the same words...
    i wish i could thank her for saying them out loud to the entire world

our haters don't care about this but that's going to become their problem more and more

Aspiring Member
    I say those words a lot now a days. Though to be honest i hate how she has done it because it sets the bar so high. Lol i realize the pun there. When you see who she was to who she is now it is a great change. I wonder how this would have gone if she wasn't so good looking. She is doing tons for the ts community but it makes me feel over shadowed because I can't rank on her level.
    Professional thread killer.

She has had quite the impact even here.

I had this image of me decades on living the same lie. The fear of that future regret really drove me to transition.
    Those of us that have been there, get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post

our haters don't care about this but that's going to become their problem more and more
    I LOVE that line Kaitlyn! Thanks for the reminder that there are "me" problems, and "you" problems, and I'm working really hard at simply focusing on my "me" problems.

No "Man in the grey-flannel suit" for Caitlyn! What a relief that must finally be.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

TX & MN
    Thank you Caitlyn! (and Kaitlyn Michelle!) Now if more of us will just go out and be ourselves, maybe the next generation will have it better. Enough of this "What will he-she-it think of me" nonsense . Enough phony religiosity (you name it: Christian, Morman, Islam, etc.). It's time we all be as brave as Caitlyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    ...celebrity (even of a more minor kind) can have its own disadvantages
    Amen, Rianna. You've chronicled the way the press treated you, as you transitioned in place without benefit of an entourage. There's really no place to hide, especially if your profession takes you out into the world.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindi Johnson View Post
    Thank you Caitlyn! (and Kaitlyn Michelle!) Now if more of us will just go out and be ourselves, maybe the next generation will have it better. Enough of this "What will he-she-it think of me" nonsense . Enough phony religiosity (you name it: Christian, Morman, Islam, etc.). It's time we all be as brave as Caitlyn.
    Well it is about time! I have been waiting for you all for the last 35 years.