Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this the new Jenneration?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    With money, many many thing are obtainable that are out of reach for the average person .

IF Katilyn did no have her facial electrolysis, her facial feminization surgery and apple shaving (this past march) she would still just look like a man in a dress!
    These procedures are totally out of reach financially for most trans people.

Also, if one is not working at a job where they have to present as male, they can hide from the public and transition much easier as Katilyn did and her money allowed.
    Imagine someone trying to transition when working at a male blue collar job. It wold be very close to impossible.....both financially and socially.

In short..... Katilyn's position in life allowed/enabled her to transition.
    I think you might want to take a look at the TS section here and do a little reading before making claims like the ones you just made above.

Pretty much everyone that identifies as a woman (read transsexual) at some point or another has had electrolysis or laser (or like me a combination of both), many have some sort of FFS and I have read about a few that have had Adam Apple reduction. In addition to his we also pay for years of therapy and some their HRT meds. Some pay for SRS out of pocket also.

Many of us indeed work at "blue collar" jobs and transition on the job as well.

It is not impossible, there are many of us here that have proved it can be done.

Megan
    I'm outta here...

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Everyone who has the money because it it can run into the thousands..

Saying everyone is an unjust generalization .
    Yes, you can definitely find exceptions to everything but, I stand by my original remarks.

Let's no loose sight of the fact that Katilyn transitioned quite late in life and it was her money and position in life that allowed it and she spent a fortune on it so far.

Like beauty, money is never an issue if you have it.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-05-2015 at 07:49 PM.

You know, I didn't hear any of this insanity when Andreja Pejic came out and transitioned, and her image was already all over the place, nobody said squat. .

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Tacit institutional approval of bigoted behavior is the reason most people in the US don't trust the police. .
    Reality doesn't bear that out. YOU might not trust the police, but outside the annoyance of traffic pull overs, I think most people do trust the police. I work with them every day. Sure, there are some morons there, but most do their best to be professional and honest the vast majority of the time. BEsides, what is your option? Is there a criminal 911 so you can call a criminal in an emergency? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie52 View Post
    How can I convince her 100% when she sees me prancing around in a bra, panties skirt wig etc having a great time.?
    Stop prancing. Just behave normally when you're dressed en femme. That's a start. Walking around the house trying to exaggeratingly wiggling your hips, singing in falsetto "I'm glad I'm a girl" won't get you any points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilsa View Post
    I only hope that Caitlyn handles her situation in a dignified manner.
    I'm not sure she's going to have a lot of choice in the matter. The TV show will want to keep interest up so they'll probably do whatever they can to promote her every move. And yet, I think she knew that in advance, and plans on using that to show the world that she isn't crazy. So far she's done almost everything right. Whether appearing on the Vanity Fair cover was a good Idea we'll not know for years; after all, Vanessa Williams did the Penthouse spread and it didn't seem to affect her career negatively at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I don't know why there is so much criticism about the use of professionals to make a woman look her best.
    I think it's partially about people feeling that they are being fooled, already there are 'before' pictures surfacing contrasting her with and without make up and airbrushing pics. A good percentage of men admired Bruce for years after the Olympics win. I've also heard numerous guys disparaging her saying things to the effect 'he had us all fooled all that time', and worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    My comment was, what if your own child or grandchild came and told you that he or she was gay (yes, some folks lumped transgender and gay together), lesbian or transgender? Would you still love him or her?
    Some can accept it, some never will. You have ultra conservative Dick Cheney supporting his gay daughter, and then you still have the parents of Leelah Alcorn who didn't. There's really no way to know in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis08 View Post
    She looks fabulous, but I can't help but wondering whether she is a genuine transsexual who wants to live as a woman 24/7 or just a CD who felt forced to undergo sex change in order to be able to live out her feminine side.
    Forced to undergo a sex change???? I don't think so. There are a lot of things people will do, but casually undergoing a sex change isn't one of them.
    I can imagine it's tough to live as a CD when you're a celebrity and are part of the Kardashian clan.
    And yet he's been doing it for years. Millions of us do it daily. Hard? I like to keep in mind that dodging bullets and bombs in a war zone is a lot more stressful than being careful that nobody peeks in my windows and catches me wearing a skirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Ann Gilbert View Post
    there will always be bigotry. Look at the state of the USA 50 years after the Civil Rights Act.
    And it's 150 years since the emancipation proclamation. Yet we still have redneck morons waving the confederate flag and spouting all kinds of racial slurs, yelling 'The south shall rise again!' You can't fix stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan G View Post
    I think you might want to take a look at the TS section here and do a little reading before making claims like the ones you just made above. Pretty much everyone that identifies as a woman (read transsexual) at some point or another has had electrolysis or laser (or like me a combination of both), many have some sort of FFS and I have read about a few that have had Adam Apple reduction. In addition to his we also pay for years of therapy and some their HRT meds. Some pay for SRS out of pocket also. Many of us indeed work at "blue collar" jobs and transition on the job as well. It is not impossible, there are many of us here that have proved it can be done. Megan
    See, it's this part where the pink fog takes over a lot of people's perspectives. I work in the inner city, and see pre op ts on a regular basis, and not the ones who have the resources that you think everyone has. You see the middle class and up. I see the minimum wage earners, the ones unemployed, the teens kicked out by their families, the homeless, those who have been uninsured for years, and are now underinsured because their deductible is so very high. Those people cannot afford FFS, electrolysis, hormone therapy, etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I watched the interview, then saw the magazine cover, and then .. I came home last night from work, and my wife had me sit down with her and we watched two episodes of "The Kardashians" .. the two episodes apparently filmed before Jenner's interview went public. It showed a very human side of Jenner and her kids and wife, and how they hashed out some grievances, etc.

It was a great help to me, as I am in the process of coming out to my own kids, as well as my birth family.

Back in '76 I admired Bruce Jenner; he was the one who made me try out for track & field in high school. I was no athlete, but was successful in a couple sports, which helped to show me that I could do stuff, too! Now, Caitlyn is providing yet another example.

I still remember Caitlyn winning the gold medal in the 1976 Olympics. This was no easy feat. It takes a lot of hard work and discipline. I admired her then and I admire her now.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    For what it is worth: my therapist (who specializes in gender identity issues) told me today that the number of prospective new clients who call her every week just about doubled after the Diane Sawyer interview with Caitlyn (then Bruce) Jenner. And then the number of new callers doubled again after the media coverage of the Vanity Fair cover story about Caitlyn.

What I think we will see as a result of the Caitlyn Jenner story is a new awareness of transgender people by the general public along with some increase in acceptance by them of TG's. What we will also see is a feeling of empowerment in the minds of TG folks that they too may be able to come out of the closet a little bit or a lot more no matter what their level of economic resources happen to be. Both of these things are positive results in my mind and should out-weigh whatever negative consequences may result from the actions of hateful and bigoted people.

We can hope.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by grace7777 View Post
    I still remember Caitlyn winning the gold medal in the 1976 Olympics. This was no easy feat. It takes a lot of hard work and discipline. I admired her then and I admire her now.
    Don't misunderstand me .. I admire her also .
    I just want to put things into perspective as it relates the the average TS.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Forced to undergo a sex change???? I don't think so. There are a lot of things people will do, but casually undergoing a sex change isn't one of them.
    When i said undergo sex change, I meant changing legal gender and living as a woman 24/7. If this is what Caitlyn wants and doesn't feel pressured by the society to fully transition into a woman, then i'm happy for her and wish her the best.

Banned Read only
    I don't think that Catilyn will seek SRS at her age..
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-07-2015 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling