Thread: Such little things.

Such little things.

Just before I began my transition, and even tho' I had been living a large percentage of my life as a woman already, I decided I needed one more kick at the guy can. I put on some guy clothes, and went and got my hair cut. Even my hairdresser said WTF! I assured myself I could live happily as a guy.
    What a farce! I got home and looked in the mirror as my guy self, and cried for the rest of the afternoon. I vowed NEVER to do that again, and I haven't.
    More than two years later, and ever so happily female, the other day I found out I could put my now long hair, in a nice high, female, pony tail. Such a little thing. I cried again.
    I have passed my big milestones- full time, new ID, coming out, all that, why cry at such a little thing? We're fragile little creatures, aren't we?

totally get it. A little thing that is a big thing. I can't wait to be able to have a pony tail. I don't know why, but I do. Go figure.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Hi Paula,

I'm going to bet because you missed that pert of your expression. Yes, hair grows back, but it takes a while. I'm at 7ish months at this point and my hair is finally down to my collar all around, more so in back. I can throw it up in a pony-tail and the last few places I have worked have not cared.

I spent most of my adult like with very short male cuts, with the sole exception of a rat-tail in the back that I had until about 6 years ago. I missed it, but work kind of needed it gone. I was working in a factory and a 2'+ long tail was a safety hazard.

I just got an offer to interview for a VP level IT position at a financial investment firm. The first thing that popped into my head was the loss of my long hair and having to go back to wearing a suit. I'm really very turned off by that idea, and I probably won't pursue the position for those reasons alone.

'One more try' at the guy thing sounds suspiciously like 'one more try' with an ex. You already determined that it wasn't for you once, what would make it different this time?

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Hell Paula I'd cry if I just could grow my own hair! LOL
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Oh those little things that say so loudly "I'm there". They feel so good. Let's hope they don't stop surprising us.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

I have my hair long. Benn growing it for more than a year. It is now fairly long and my SO who like long hair asked me to cut it. I'm not going to it took so long to get it here. Now if I want to go to a job interview. I would have my hair in a pony tail and slicked back real good. Straight on you could not tell. I saw many IT people with hair like that.
    Part Time Girl

I had let my hair grow out for just over year and one of the granddaughters was getting married, my wife said I had to get it cut so I went and got about 3" off back in April. No sooner that got the haircut than I got the upper respiratory crud that was going around and had to miss the wedding, now that was enough to make you cry!! It wasn't quite long enough for a pony tail, now I can pull about 2" into a pony tail, but not all the way from the front.

Hugs, Bria

Gold Member
    Cut it Dana! I don't mean all, but a little every now and then is healthy for it. Trust me. I didn't and had to lop off about 4-5 inches of crap hair.

I grew mine out while still pre-transition. It was wonderful being able to tie it up instead of the land of awkward in-between. The irony is that once I transitioned, I always saw "him" in the mirror and when I cut my hair shorter, it made a major change in that vision.

My hair is now a bit longer than mid back and I absolutely love playing with it. Hope you get to experience it!

I hope those of us who are "folically challenged" can get there.
    So happy for you.

Down here a pony tail is almost a necessity. Yah just a month or so ago mine got long enough, such a blessing.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    It's the little things that can make life grand... Cheers!
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Yep, I can identify with that. I was well on my way to a nice head of hair when my dear wife persuaded me to get it cut for the annual family Christmas eve party. I've been going to the same barber for decades and he did his usual excellent work. When I left the barber shop I felt like I turned my back on my true self and surrendered a large part of myself to appease people that won't be aware of my sacrifice. I was so upset about the hair and self denial that I couldn't enjoy the party. That was about six months ago and I'm not going to make that mistake again.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt