Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When does one move from Cross Dresser to Transgender to Transsexual ?

I have only seen crossdressers ask the question up to now.

I too don't understand this continuum thing. I don't see any of it as a habit that became overwhelming. It may be like that for some or for everyone else. I did not crossdress for the 10 years or so prior to transition. Before that, I only crossdressed sparingly and with great shame. I don't know about this transgender notion either.

I often talk about having been transsexual forever, but who knows. Memories are recreated and can informed by current circumstances. All my therapists see transsexuality as an incurable mental illness. I am starting to see it like that to a certain degree as well. I have seen all the hypothesies on the physiological component, but it ultimately comes down to dysphoria and its intensity. It's all about severe anxiety steming from being one sex and being convinced of being the other. Some people change sex without crossdressing at all until the RLE.
    It's Frances with an E, like Frances Farmer. Francis is a man's name.

Whatever causes Gender Dysphoria, it's real and it kills people. As I felt "different" from an early age, I tend to believe it is ingrained from birth. I have a mild fetish or two, and some neurotic behaviors, and I can clearly tell the difference between them and my sense of female identity. But it matters not, in the end. I don't know how many crossdressers commit suicide, or feel their life is a lie; so there may be a behavioral continuum of sorts, but one does not move along it except in growing awareness--and distress.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

sorry i have to say it still bugs me...
    the question is wrong..

When does a transsexual realize she is transsexual?... that's the right question...

and there are as many answers as their are transsexuals..and there are some transsexuals that don't really know there own answer yet but in the future they will

that's really all you can say about it.

Platinum Member
    I'm going to echo KM a bit here. I feel that the question leads one to believe that a change occurs, and the former CD person becomes something he or she was not before. As other have said, a person may not have a clear sense of gender identity for many years and whether suddenly or through gradual erosion of the denial and repression, that clarity is finally attained. Once one recognizes them-self with a measure of clarity, what they choose to do with that information and the remainder of their lives is up to them.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    ive known i was transexual since i was 13,i have my reasons for not going the full ts route,ive endured suicidal thoughts,last time was at 17 when i played chicken with a 18 wheeler,at the last sec i asked myself what are you doing,so i went out and embraced life,and havent looked back
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-04-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: don't try circumvent the word filter,

Reality Check
    Most crossdressers do not move to transsexual or transgender. They are happy as straight male crossdressers.

No one moves from being a crossdresser to being a transsexual. A CDer is, always has been, and always will be a CDer. Although some TSes never wore women's clothes in their lives before transitioning, most of us did. Most of us were convinced we were CDers until we realized that we're TS. We used to think we were men who liked to wear women's clothes, until we realized we're women in men's bodies. Unfortunately, there's no sure fire way to know until after the fact - until after those of us who are TS come out to ourselves.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Amazing Member

When?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Ok... how would YOU personally answer the following:

"When does one move from Cross Dresser to Transgender to Transsexual ?"
    On a very unlucky day.
    NOTICE: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons, PLEASE BE WARNED THAT You DO NOT have MY permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or ANY forum posts both current and future. If you have DONE THIS or do IT, I MAY consider IT a violation of my rights to privacy and it may as a result, even be the subject of the appropriate action, including steps permitted under the law involving courts and lawyers. Why not ask for my approval and permission first?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    What about transsexual conveys surgery ?
    The emphasis on sexuality leads many to think in terms of sex, which is linked pretty closely to genitalia. That leads people very rapidly to thinking in terms of GRS. I don't tend to describe myself as transsexual for exactly that reason.
    I want the emphasis to be on gendering in interactions, so I find it easier to start with the term transgender. It's just a preference for me.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

WOW what a heavy question. For me I realized I was a crossdresser early on but I guess it came to a true realization when I grew board with dressing It was just loosing its thrill. I had spent 3 or 4 days dressed and doing girly things or at least perceived as girly things, shopping chatting with other girls, and just living life. After day 4 I did the same thing in guy mode and rally noticed no difference. Now I still enjoy dressing and getting out for a night or 2 but I keep my dressing in perspective and enjoy it more when time allows. I can glam up and have a great time if its just jeans and sneakers it still fun but get old quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Let's just make it easy.

Being TS is about Transition. So if you are blowing up your life, and changing your name, and coming out to the world, then I think it's safe to say that you have 'become' TS and you might find the support of the TS forum helpful.

If you are not doing these things, than whatever you call yourself is of no consequence.

If these labels were flags, which would you fly? Keep in mind that everyone can see them.

TransitionerS fly the TS flag by default and it's flapping in the breeze every damn day. Where's your flag?
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Untitled
    This has had enough input to resolve the OP

You DO NOT move from CD to TS, you either are TS or not, SIMPLE

Thread done
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another