Thread: Sunshine and Rainbows

Sunshine and Rainbows

I wanted to check in. I have been on HRT for 6 weeks. Things are really good. I am handling the Spiro just fine and the estrogen patches seem to be working. I am happy and life is good!

I've started to write about the last month or so many times but always stop. I ran the Boston Marathon, started HRT and celebrated my 50th birthday. It has truly been amazing to finally be me and It has been the happiest period of my life. I celebrated my birthday in the city with 8 women, including 3 TG women from this forum. The next day 25 people were at my house for a party. How wonderful to finally receive the gifts I always dreamed of opening! I have attached some pics!

Before anyone dismisses me I have to point out everything is not perfect. My wife is supportive but we both know we are traveling uncharted waters. My children are doing great and are totally behind me. However, my mother will not speak to me. I have been asked not to come to my former church as a female. My former minister and his wife no longer communicate with me. Point is that I am paying a price for my beautiful life.

Finally, no I am not out at work yet. I work from home for the most part. When I have to appear with a customer or at our plant I do so in male mode. I am lucky, I live as myself 90 per cent of the time. I plan on coming out to my friend, the president of the company a month before I have SRS sometime next summer. I have chosen this timetable to try to protect my family's finances as best I can. I am a very well paid sales person and I do fear my accounts could be altered.

The point to all this is that I am happy and living a good life. Yes there are more obstacles. I may yet lose everything. I plan on handling the rest of my transition with as much grace as possible.

Suzanne
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a beautiful post! You look terrific!

Yes, all transitions come with some losses. We lose contact with people when we change jobs, we lose contact with friends when we move. Even those with heartfelt "We'll stay in touch" plans don't always work out. This step does involve some losses, but it also opens new doors, the greatest one being the door to ourselves.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Suzanne
    First happy birthday. For those that no longer accept you, it is truly their loss. I know it is harder when it someone close to you.

Take care

Love Jean

Happy Birthday again, and so wonderful for you. Hope the smiles continue.

happy birthday!!!

your best bet as a trannsexual is always to thrive ....hopefully your mother will soften as she see over and over that you are doing great!!

Banned Read only
    Happy Birthday, Suzanne! As long as you are comfortable in your life, what else can you ask for? I have a feeling your mother will come around when she is sure you will be ok. She is just worried about her baby.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Happy Birthday, Suzanne. I'm truly sorry that you have had to suffer people showing their ignorance by asking you not to come around.

I can imagine that your mother's refusal to talk must hurt a lot, but I hope that when she sees you thriving in your authentic life she will start to re-evaluate her reaction.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Happy Birthday Suzanne!!! Isn't it wonderful to celebrate your birthday as your authentic self, to have such a large gathering of friends who love you, and to receive girly gifts!!!

I had a similar birthday party with my boyfriend, a lot of both my TG and cis-friends including one woman from this forum. I felt like my birthday party was like a Sweet 16

I can relate to your situation. My dad told me that I am to never show up to his house, or the town, dressed as a woman. I'm certainly not going there as a man, so I just didn't go to visit them for Christmas. Plain and simple.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Happy Birthday Suzanne! As long as you are happy in your new existence life is good.

My mother didn't go that far, but she does ask if I'm getting over this foolish notion that I'm a woman. Um, NO!

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Happy Birthday, Suzanne. You're glowing.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Hell-o Suzanne,
    I feel so lucky to have met you, and I'm honored to have celebrated your BIG FIVE-O with you.
    As always, getting out and about with you all in S.F. is something special!
    I know you told me about your mom not talking to you, and how it bothers you.
    She may not want to hear from you, and it's easy for her to just avoid talking to you.
    But what of you were to write her a letter?
    I'm sure she would read it (at least I think she would) She may not respond to it,
    but with a follow up letter, or two, she might just eventually open up to you.
    Stay happy, and remember, you have friends you will NEVER lose.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Resist
    Happy 50th Suzanne!
    I'm very happy for you... keep living your life as you see fit and keep believing in yourself.

I'm so glad things are just rosy for you, Suzanne! I'm 4 weeks ahead of you on HRT and I have never felt better myself.
    It looks like you've got a plan and are sticking to it! Happy Birthday!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Happy Birthday! Look forward to you new life and only take the positive people along for the ride.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Happy Birthday Suzanne.Just keep your lines of communication open with your wife. Like you, mine is supportive, but still struggles at times at some of the things I do to be me. Stay happy and positive (hardest thing to do at times). Hugs.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.