Thread: Starting Another Step

Starting Another Step

It's been a good day, today. I left work at noon to go to the state capitol to start my paperwork. In a little over a month, I should have my name legally changed. Then I can start the process of amending my birth certificate, with new name and gender.

Since I was down there, I drove over to the corporate office and talked with the head of HR. Although I'm the first for this company, I was treated as though it were an everyday occurrence. No strange looks or blank stares. However, I did surprise her when I explained that my transition is mostly out of pocket. Our health insurance won't touch transgender issues, and she said she would certainly look into that. Only help I get, is what I can get through the VA. Anyway, it went very well.

Then off to dine at Old Chicago. I considered going to the original Zombie Burger, but somehow it didn't seem right going there without the "gang". With a great pizza (and a beer) in me, it was time to go shopping.

Yes, indeed, it's been a good day.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

God for you, Leah, and best wishes!
    (now I'm hungry for pizza! ha ha)

Leah, Glad to hear things are going well. I wish we, the gang, had been there. Zombie Burger sounds like a great idea.

Hugs,
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Leah,

Sounds like you may have had a decent day. I'm happy for you.

I've never been to Old Chicago or Zombie Burger, although I know which places you speak of.

I am happy for you, for sure.

Suzanne

Good for you Leah, hope the good days continue. Pizza and beer, the only food you can eat at all three meals.

Thank you, all! Marcia and Suzanne, we need a GNO! Let's get the gang together.

Hugs,

Leah

I would love to have a GNO. Think about June 12-13.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Good Luck and happy shopping Old Chicago will always be there and so will the gang here.

Erika

I love posts like this.

The CEO came to see me today. We had a private meeting and he let me know that I have the full support of the corporation. Then we met with the rest of the drivers, where he explained the corporation's policies on sexual harassment, etc. Any form of harassment towards me would be an instant firing. I then explained what was going on with me, that I'm a transitioning tg, what gd is like, how it has affected me.

Afterwards, the two guys that I work the closest with took me aside. One asked if I was still going to come around. I've visited him and his family quite often. I replied that I would if they'd have me over. He said, of course. Then said as long as I don't wear a sexier dress than he. That part was a joke. The other asked if I was still going to drink with them. Again, I said I would if they'd let me. He responded with a hell, yes, because I usually bought most of the beer. His joke. They asked if they could ask questions as we went along, that they really wanted to know what was happening to me. Of course they can.

Still doing the paper shuffle, trying to get forms and letters to change the gender on the birth certificate. The name change is simple, but I want to get both done as close together as possible.

Leah

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    That was SO great and positive and wonderful to read! Congrats on a lovely day.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Leah, ,
    Glad things are going well.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Leah,
    Congrats!
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    You better watch out, Leah, you going to turn into a women,

Glad to hear everything is going well.

Stay happy, Leah! Looks like things are going your way and folks have your back. The paperwork is just a bump in the road. Good luck!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Outstanding Leah!! A testament to the great person you have always been and the woman you are now.

Erin.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Hearty Congratulations.
    You are very lucky and look perfectly like a female.

Wow! Thank you all so much. It's so easy to maintain a positive attitude with friends like you.

Hugs,

Leah