Thread: Why is it okay for a female to dress like guy but not the other way around?

Why is it okay for a female to dress like guy but not the other way around?

I came here to this site to ask questions and wished to be enlightened. Is it weird for a guy to think about such trivial things and not have a full understanding on life?

This will be pretty long thread as I will mention my experiences in life , though partially in relation.

When I say dressing I mean to basic levels , not trying to change appearance in any way. I see females get called tomboy , cute , or nothing at all.

If a guy does it they are often seen as weird , disgusting , trying to start a fad to etc. You could probably guess all the other things said to these individuals.

I see celebrity guys often pull it off but they are well off and have support in their endeavors , which could be any for that matter. Where I am , I'd fear getting beat up or becoming victim of other acts. I would also be burning a lot of bridges with people in my family and with people that once thought I was just the average guy. It wouldn't just fly with people , they would want me to be emitted to see some therapist to see why I am trying to express myself this way...

What got me thinking about this is that there is a part of my life where I started doing some crossdressing but only in secret. I explored all the way to partially to just putting on the clothes. Keep in mind this was 10 years ago and I have my reasons for stopping for good. I was a kid during it all , earned more money than I needed at my age or older from doing odd jobs to mowing lawns. My downfall was I didn't grasp the concept of privacy and wasn't as entitled to it as I once thought. When I was caught , I was going home from school like regular day and whole family(immediate family) was gathered and stuff was lying on ground in front of them. I got the long talk about the "gay" and that I am hetero male and shouldn't confuse myself as anything otherwise. I felt broken and ashamed knowing that I was getting picked on/ridiculed by cousins/the adults for years to come. I wasn't gonna leave this coming out the closet outing/moment alive with different opinions than them. I had to leave moment with a lie. I wasn't going say that "guys can wear what they want and be straight". That was route that would lead me into therapy and the doctor giving me look for having such an answer. I cut my losses and played the "I am a kid and don't know any better card." I said that I was going through "puberty" , "these clothes had a nice smell to them" and "that I got it from a girl at school". I didn't disclose any names and spoke that I have some honor and this is about me. They accepted that answer but life didn't go back to normal for quite some time and even now I still feel off around them. I am extremely lucky that they didn't follow up on the "mystery person."

What destroyed me the most was that my mom didn't talk to me first and made it everyones business. They aren't as close to me as they think if I wouldn't give them the light of day and talk to them at all about it. You can't expect someone to be open minded if they want to hear only the conventional answers that they are looking for.

But I guess life is what it is and some things can't be changed about it?

Anyway , I would appreciate all answers and views here , so lay it on me.

Banned Read only
    Firstly, to answer your title statement, women do NOT dress like guys. They wear women's clothing, cut and designed for women. "Jeans" are not "guy" clothes.

As to what happened in your past, it's over. Let it go. You can't undue or change it so stop fretting about it. You re an adult now, live your life. It is highly likely that your mother has not thought about that incident for a decade. You re carrying baggage to nowhere...

I have to agree with Jennifer life is to short to carry the past around with you if you have the time and desire to still dress privately then do it

Well I am sorry you had to go through that and agree about letting it go but that is much easier said than done. You were humiliated and there is no excuse for that but ignorance on the part of your family. Perhaps they will or have become more enlightened as time marched on.

I have to disagree with Jennifer. What about gay women in the form of....and excuse the phrase....dykes. They openly portray themselves as masculine and the interesting thing is that they would probably be offended if someone pointed this out. But it seems very acceptable for women to dress masculine and many gay women do without the kind of ridicule that a man goes through dressing femme.

Many have ask the same question as yourself, but the answer is......women do have different cloths. If they didn't we would not have crossdressers, who love to wear female cloths. The pants they wear may look similar to male clothing, but they are not male pants. They are cut to fit the female figure and that in itself is why we males must wear hip and butt enhancers to make female pants fit properly. It does seem like a double standard to males, but females wear male looking cloths for comfort and to look sexy, some exceptions apply, but.....I love those tight fitting jeans !!!

To address the second part of your question, I have a few comments. Not knowing more about your status, I would recommend you doing what makes you happy. If you can get away with under dressing and it makes you happy, then do it. Second, hard feelings, hate, animosity toward others will only destroy the person it is in. It will never hurt the other person. Work out your part of life and be happy in it.
    Last edited by Amy Lynn3; 06-04-2015 at 10:32 AM.

this is going to go nowhere fast

1) women don't dress like guys. Women dress like women
    2) Gay women don't dress like guys, they dress like women
    3) women aren't afraid their friends will point and giggle.

You're new here, this subject gets a lot of press. Get over your self pity. No one says you can't except you and your fear of how people will react to you . No one says you can't buy a dress.

Finally whining about GGs doesn't fly here

Thread closed
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,