Thread: Public reactions

Public reactions

With Caitlyn, making the cover and photo story the other day, our community is even more in front of the public - I think that in the long run that is a positive for may girls. More than likely, however older married girls in a DADT relationship will most likely not reap any benefits!! But that OK as long as the group as a whole benefits!!

Also, the other day I went to NYC by train in drab but had been thinking of going pretty; but things got off on a wrong foot when my wife decided to work from home!! So off to the train in Drab!!

That same day a transgender woman from Brooklyn was thrown to the tracks by a person with serious mental problem (media description), they caught the guy and the woman was help by others to safety and as best as I can remember is other wise OK. Thank goodness!! I am sure she was and is shaken by the incident.

My after thought was I was on both a downtown and uptown Brooklyn trains that day - what would it have been like if I had gone pretty and it was me that had been pushed to the track!! How would I have reacted?

The Media reported the story but I have not seen any follow up stories, maybe since the guy was charge a hate crime offense, they have stayed away from pushing the issue - again my point of view that is positive - not putting the woman out in front!

Hope she is OK and can move on, but I can't stop thinking how would I have responded as a woman in the closet to family and friend!!

I will however not stop visiting the City pretty!!

Thankfully the woman is ok. Horrible thing to have this happen to anyone.
    Be careful when you go into the city, and maybe get some pepper spray to keep in your purse.

Tina
    Last edited by Katey888; 06-07-2015 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Comment refers to corrected title removed