Thread: I was feminized by side effects of cortisol steroids.

Banned Read only

I was feminized by side effects of cortisol steroids.

It made me gain subcutaneous fat on my hip,butt,thighs,arms and chest. I lost a great deal of manly muscle too in less then 3 months. I having it reversed now.

CD is just part time and not full time for me.

I was on a Cascading medicine that works on two glands at the same time. This medicine is very dangerous but works great for swelling.
    The cortisone I was on is an anti androgen and testosterone antagonist.
    Last edited by chinabrown; 06-08-2015 at 11:39 PM.

When I was a kid, I took the same type of steroids for chronic asthma problems. It resulted in gynecomastia for me where I grew small breasts (probably an a-cup although not measured). I used to hate having them but if I had the choice, I don't think I'd get rid of them now. Making the best out of a bad situation. Corticosteriods are known for having nasty side effects and doctor's don't like patients to be on them for long for the laundry list of problems they can cause. I didn't realize that this was one of them until just recently. I hope that it gets resolved for you.

Banned Read only
    ive had small breats since puberty and i never took any drugs to cause this...hmmm maybe something in the water

There's a very good reason for these side effects. Cortisol has a nearly identical chemical structure to estrogen. In some individuals it is likely their bodies will convert the first into the second, or the cortisol may easily bind to estrogen-like receptors that can unlock femininization genes.
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Banned Read only

cortisol surpresses testosorone. cascading cortisone works on the leydig cells and the pituartary gland to supress testosorone.

if you where to take a very small amount of estrogen using the cascading cortisone I was on you would rapidly loose male sex characteristic because you would not have very much free testorone.free testosorone is what gives you the male traits. other testorone is called total testosorone and most of it is bound to protein and one other substance in your body.
    Last edited by chinabrown; 06-11-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I've been on corticosteroids for about 3 years now to control bullous pemphigoid. The scars show on my arms and legs on my web pics. Made my face and belly fat, reduced my subcutaneous fat and affected my mood and sex drive. Almost off of the damn things now and feel a thousand times better for it...ie feeling very perky in the mornings again.

I'm glad you had a benefit from them but I would rather I never had to be on them and just wear padding whenever or where ever needed.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

this is very interesting as I just had a jab yesterday in the shoulder ,at no point did they ask if I was taking any estrogen based pills,have to have the jab every six to eight weeks till shoulder comes right.

Banned Read only
    I've had a radical orchidectomy 8 mo ago and I'm completely feminizing...have nearly all symptoms of hrt! Still looking for a doctor to explain it but I need to find one sympathetic if you know what I mean...I've come to realize this is a good thing! Problem is though I feel like I was partying in my yacht off the coast of New York, went to bed, woke up to find a storm sent me drifting to London and I'm afraid I can't go back (three docs have denied T given the reason for the orchi) and I'm still too freaked to ask if a 'tow to London' is a possibility, I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the freaking Atlantic Ocean for God sake...that's not me! 😦

Banned Read only
    Well I am taking testosorone cypionate shots because the gel is expensive and the gel is to dangerous for kids and women.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 06-10-2015 at 03:51 AM. Reason: We dont need the details